Glazers selling more shares

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Do we think they're selling up?

Was the super league getting squashed the last straw for them?

With many football analysts believing the market has finally reached it's ceilings with turnover growth rapidly reducing maybe they feel it's time to get out. Ticket prices, TV contracts and sponsorship revenue are no longer growing in football as many feel they've finally reached the maximum price point. Football especially in England has finally felt the pinch of a recession as well due to the pandemic. Maybe they feel it's time to call it a day and get their money out of football.

Once again though the club will see no benefit from this having paid the mortgage for them we now get to watch them sell our house piece by piece for their own gains.

I'm not sure, I think if they were selling up they would do it in one lump. From what I read this is just two of the brothers selling some shares, maybe they are making use of the share price after Ronaldo arrived.

Think the share price dipped back down post Ronaldo signing to it's normal sort of level. Utd's main sponsorship deals are basically locked in and fixed so his arrival won't change those deals unless he's still around when they are renegotiated.

As the article says due to the number of shares going on to market they'll probably get less than current price anyway.

Lump sum buyer would be almost impossible for them to find so selling it off in small chunks piece by piece at this stage probably makes sense.

The final bit where they give up control my guess that would be a lump sum deal or floating the company again as a PLC.

Could just be the family members that aren't really involved detaching themselves from it as owning Utd isn't exactly shining a positive light on them.

@jsp

Breakingviews - Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has so far helped Manchester United’s share price more than its on-field results. The $3 billion club’s equity value has risen 12% since the Portuguese striker signed in late August, a period in which the team has only won three in seven games. That’s not lost on the controlling Glazer family, two members of which are selling a combined $186 million worth of shares.

That will also be boosted by returning revenues from fans and signs that Covid controls look unlikely to return this season.

Not saying Ronaldo doesn’t help but there’s other factors behind the rise in share price.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back