Gary Neville - United are three players away from Premier League title challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United are three players away from Premier League title challenge, says Gary Neville - Mirror Online

Gary Neville claims Manchester United are only three players away from challenging for the title.

Despite six consecutive Premier League wins, even a victory at Chelsea on Saturday evening won’t help United catch Jose Mourinho’s men this season.

But Old Trafford legend Neville believes three more signings could see his old side match Chelsea next term.

“If you asked me three months ago, I would have said [United] were a long way behind,” said Neville, at the launch of the Budweiser Dream Goal competition. “Now, it’s not as far.

“Two or three months ago, they would have been thinking Chelsea are a long way in front of us. Now the recruitment battle that will happen in the summer becomes critical. If they get that right, United will feel confident they can challenge Chelsea for the title next season.

“I don’t think this summer is a case of United rebuilding or total restructure of the squad. They need to continue to improve in two or three positions: a central defender, a midfielder and a winger.

“It is a case of trading well, rather than wholesale buying. I don’t expect another £150million spend. I don’t think it is required.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back