Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadena SER say Gabriel Jesus is close to joining Bayern.

Not another one!!! This kid is so talented... How many quality strikers / creative players do Bayern need for god sakes. Come on United let's go and get this kid.

Com oferta milionária, Palmeiras encaminha a venda de Gabriel Jesus - Esportes - Estadão

Translation:

Gabriel Jesus is very close to be strengthening of Manchester City for 32 million euros (US $ 114.6 million). After talks with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus, the City came running out and left the settlement with the player very well and that should be the Blessed Sacrament after the dispute of the Olympic Games. The Palmeiras already accepted the offer and the boy must leave the club in December and sign a five-year contract. Information is the Spanish newspaper Sport and was confirmed by the reporting State .

Manchester United, although off the attacker of the fine, intends to submit a further proposal in the coming days - something around 35 million euros, adding bonuses for productivity, among other additives in the contract - and another European club also promises to make a superior proposal to the City. However, the report heard of people who follow the negotiation with the the team of Pep Guardiola, that Gabriel Jesus was very excited about the possibility of acting in the English club and be commanded by the Spanish coach.

Football director Palmeiras, Alexandre Mattos, who is negotiating the sale of the boy. Gabriel Jesus is with the Olympic national team and has warned that it does not intend to sign any bond before the end of competition. In addition, the City left apalavrado hit, including the Palmeiras board, but not yet sent an official document confirming the proposal, something that should occur in the coming days.

Barcelona was the first club to show real interest in the striker, but did not want to spend more than 20 million euros, the Palmeiras did not close agreement. Real Madrid and Juventus also appeared interested, but did not come to formalize an agreement.

Nevertheless, representatives of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United and City itself will watch closely the matches of the Brazilian team to see Gabriel Jesus in action and see how the kid reacts in different situations than playing in Palmeiras. The City will look already wondering if it's worth putting it in the group in December or lend it to another European club for six months. Already rivals, dream still trying to get into negotiations and keep the attacker.

The success being achieved, theoretically Palmeiras would be 30% of the value (R $ 34.3 million), while entrepreneurs Cristiano Simões and Fabio Caran have 22.5% (R $ 28.6 million each) of the economic rights of the boy and Jesus himself Gabriel has 25% (R $ 89.5 million). However, there is the possibility of the club get to an agreement with the agent or the attacker and receive a higher percentage of the transaction.

The fine Gabriel Jesus is EUR 40 million (R $ 143.3 million) and five teams have to get them off, cases of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern Munich. These, they pay 24 million euros (US $ 86 million) by the player of 19 years.

So hang on... This report is saying City are close but we are looking to put in an offer as well?!

Might be nonsense. His contract apparently has a clause of €24m for United, Bayern, PSG, Barcelona and Madrid.

Right OK... Well I'm not sure we are looking at him based on what Jose has been saying about the 4 signings? Could be wrong but it would seem to be he's only going to sign the 4 unless lots of players want to leave to get game time.

Translation: Manchester United agreed to pay € 38,000,000 by Gabriel Jesus and promises to offer by Wednesday.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll be taking this with a pinch of salt for the time being I think... I barely trust Sky Sports so I definitely don't trust these foreign reports. Would be exciting if this was true though.

A good gauge of his talent is that he was the star of a Brazil under 20's team that Andreas Pereira was mainly used as a sub for.

Haven't seen much of him other than videos but relatively unknown Brazilian attackers are about as exciting a signing you could make. I wonder if Jose's comments last week regarding reacting to a situation were in reference to City bidding for him. Either United have bid or this is a ploy to push more money out of City, because from all accounts they seemed very close to completing the deal 24 hours ago. Feel it could be a similar situation with United and Pogba and this supposed Madrid interest - could be all fabricated to get us to stump up that last bit more.

Yeah it could be... I also wonder whether maybe Jesus is an alternative to Pogba? I know they play in different positions but maybe Jose feels he is the kind of player this team needs if we can't get Pogba?

Could just be me trying to convince myself of the worst case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems to be highly rated but it's a big step up from South American football to English, so it will be tough for him. But apparently he will only arrive at Citeh in the winter so will be a while before we see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back