Fulham v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rooney seems to be out with stomach problems it will be nice to see berba and chic up front from the start.
I think owen should be the one coming on in the second half just because he deserves a decent run.

I don;t think Kiko will be on the bench. I think Owen will be on the bench this week. I'll settle for 1-0 away from home against a Fulham team who have dominated us at Craven Cottage for 2 seasons now. I think we'll get more though. Another clean sheet would be good.

I guess one point is better than a loss and a key player getting sent off. Look at the bright side, we're improving....ok couldn't convince myself either. Today sucked, seriously. Once again, we got complacent after an early goal and it ended in us losing the 3 points. Onto next week, got to get back on track and work out the glaring issues from today's match. Definitely need Rooney to come back hot from the week off and we may need to give Smalling a chance with Vidic, hate to say it but Evans was very poor and got worked by Zamora often. We are definitely lucky we didn't lose this one and even had the chance to secure the 3, tbh Fulham played a much better match in front of their home crowd. Seems to still be our achilles heel each season and I really wanted us to grab that win today.

Should have won, could have easily lost it though. A draw is better than losing at Burnley, which is what happened this time last season. Struggled in defence a bit but we also made some really good blocks and tackles and Edwin made 1 particular good save against Etuhu. Wasn't all bad in defence. Fulham are a very good side especially at Craven Cottage were the pitch is narrow and short. We can take a lot from this game. We didn't keep the ball good enough today and that's a credit to Fulham. Probably should have let Giggs take the penalty too... wasn't a bad save though to be honest, their keeper was impressive.

A day to forget...

did not see the match I was at the stadium but when I saw that it ended 2:2 and now saw the replay of the match I was frustrated...

A day to forget... unlucky

Whereas the last two seasons United returned to Craven Cottage with two defeats, it was a good result, but frustrating.

The team played very well in the first 30 minutes. From there, Fulham improved considerably. They didn't deserve to lose the game. Hangeland, Murphy, Zamora, Davies, Duff, Until Etuhu (Idon't like him,particularly, they played very well. We often criticize the United but forget to acknowledge the merits of the adversary.

Sure, the defense was not as good as use to be, Berba disappeared in the second halfand Nani missed the penalty. But Fulham played well.

About Nani, still think he is imitating Ronaldo. This was seen in the penalty. But i don't blame him for the result. If anyone is to blame, I blame the failures of O'Shea, Evans, Vidic today.

Penalty is always a two-way road. If nani scores the goal, nobody would criticize him. But as he missed and the team did not win, he is guilty of the result for most people.

We lost two points and may be missed at the end of the season but it depends on what the team will do in the coming games.

Surely the team will play the next game ready to get rid of all this frustration. West Ham will pay the price.

Park was playing as he offers more energy and works harder in defence in my opinion. Hernandez was quiet really, made good runs off the ball was willing to shoot all the time. Probably needs to learn to pass more instead of shooting all the time. Back to Park, I could see Cleverley playing where Park was playing today.

I thought as soon as Scholes scored, Fulham woke up to be honest.

O'Shea was horrible yesterday along with Evans...Valencia was quiet, park played better than Valencia especially when Sir Alex made him play as the AMC in the start of the second half..Wish we'd play Rafael, atleast some support for Valencia..

Valencia had no chance on that pitch as it's too narrow, he had no room on the touchline. Nani should have started on the right, he likes to run into the box from the right instead of taking the wide route, and I think we saw more threat when he went to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back