Frenkie de Jong

Is this one done? :) I think it'll happen in the next few weeks but that'll mean no other new signings until that point.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This one is very strange. We keep improving the offer for a player that doesn't want to come. We let Bayern have a free ride for Gravenberch and they have closed the deal for just 18,5 m € ! Yet we are about to pay 85 m€ for one player while still needing many fix in the team. That is crazy.

This one is very strange. We keep improving the offer for a player that doesn't want to come. We let Bayern have a free ride for Gravenberch and they have closed the deal for just 18,5 m € ! Yet we are about to pay 85 m€ for one player while still needing many fix in the team. That is crazy.

I suspect that player wanted to go to Bayern so no point wasting our time probably a better move for his career at this point in time.

We are paying top price but he is top quality hopefully he will live up to the price tag.

I'm not sure he's an 80m player to be honest. But everyone knows we're desperate

Always a tricky one to judge Madrid have just paid similar for a lad who’s only had a few seasons in France and hasn’t played in the champions league yet. Liverpool are spending similar on a striker off the back of 1 season.

The prices for anyone now is just crazy.

I haven’t seen much of him but everyone who watches Barca a lot don’t have any doubts about his quality and he’s basically being sold because of the terrible financial situation at the club not because he isn’t good enough. If the price was lower i think plenty of others would be in for him our chance to get him is by paying the high price Barca want.

Always a tricky one to judge Madrid have just paid similar for a lad who’s only had a few seasons in France and hasn’t played in the champions league yet. Liverpool are spending similar on a striker off the back of 1 season.

The prices for anyone now is just crazy.

I haven’t seen much of him but everyone who watches Barca a lot don’t have any doubts about his quality and he’s basically being sold because of the terrible financial situation at the club not because he isn’t good enough. If the price was lower i think plenty of others would be in for him our chance to get him is by paying the high price Barca want.
And leave all the hole in the team ? What about RB, RW, ST ? I rather we act smart and go for Laimer instead for half the price and move on to the next position to fix.

And leave all the hole in the team ? What about RB, RW, ST ? I rather we act smart and go for Laimer instead for half the price and move on to the next position to fix.

who says we can even get Laimer for half the price?

ETH has a plan let him put it in place then judge it.

Is Laimer as good as De Jong?

Looks like Murtough is going to have to kidnap him and force him to sign.

Their is no way Utd enter negotiations with a club over a fee without being very sure the player is willing to come.

Wonder if he will have 'de Jong', 'Frenkie' or 'FDJ' on his shirt..

Hope it's not the last one as we know the first time he has a poor game(and all players have poor games) some comedian(probably on SadCafe)will create a 'where were you when FDJ was shit' thread, and think they are funny.

The sun reported Barca asked for Maguire as part of the deal for De Jong which seems a bit odd considering the reason for selling De Jong is to get them out of a financial hole.

Apparently they need to get the deal agreed by Thursday so lets wait and see what happens this week.

that bit of gossip sounds like BS based on that joke that was going around.

Sky sports reported it too.

It would be of no surprise if Barca were interested in Maguire their CB options are woeful, they're unsure if Pique will retire or return and he fits in to their style of play. We should offer them Lindelof and see what they say. I think he'd be excellent in Spain.

Don't think it can be stressed just how skint Barcelona are they keep talking like they're going to sign loads of players but they can't the league won't allow them to. They aren't going bust from a financial sense but they can't satisfy the La Liga spending rules meaning they currently can't register any new players for next season.

Taking a player as part of the deal doesn't really help them as it'll lower the transfer fee and won't clear as much as they hope off the wage bill.

I do agree think both Maguire and Lindelof would do well in Spain but Barca won't be buying either of them for next season.

The talk is the money raised for De Jong will allow them to register Christensen and Kessie and possibly do a deal for Rafinha or Lewendowski but even that will require other fringe players to leave.

I think this week is the week where things start to happen. I’ve read that Barca need to file their accounts this week so a little cash injection will improve those.

I've also seen today that United are increasingly confident but that this could run a few more weeks. If that's the case they've either got to move on to other targets or at least get other business done.

I don’t believe for one minute the reports that we are halting everything else transfer wise to get this deal over the line. We are probably negotiating for a few players but this is undoubtedly the big fish.

Also still only June - there shouldn’t be any thoughts of moving on if a deal is there to be done for a world class player.

Don't care if this transfer goes to the 11th hour on deadline day, or if we end up paying more than they originally wanted, he's that good, and if he's the only first-team starter we sign so be it.

A few of the reports in Spain are we’ve actually battered them down quite a bit on the fee with a lot of the money being based on add ons.

I think they’d like to get him tied down so he comes straight here after his holiday.

Boris will get it done, then want to change the salary and repayments in 6 months

£56m plus add ons could take it up to around £70m is what is being reported.

Sounds good to go - taken a little while but we are getting there. BBC have reported there are still issues to sort but hopefully these are just a formality.

Yep sounds like it should progress quickly now hopefully be announced by the end of the week.

The deals definitely seemed to have accelerated in the last day or so.

ETH has only seen this lot train for one day and already decided new players is a must!

The deals definitely seemed to have accelerated in the last day or so.

ETH has only seen this lot train for one day and already decided new players is a must!
I think it'll just be 3 though. I think De Jong, Malacia and one other. I think that's all they can afford.

I think 4 with Eriksen being free

I have a feeling they'll get Antony over the line, sounds like he really wants to come.

I think 4 with Eriksen being free

I have a feeling they'll get Antony over the line, sounds like he really wants to come.
I don't think they'll get Anthony to be honest. I think he'll be too expensive and they'll end up going for a CB. I think priority should be CDM or RW though.

I think it'll end up being 6 but that will include a cheap backup keeper as Henderson is off not sure they'll back Heaton to be the number 2 there were some rumours about a guy from Watford last week.

I think he'll get a right back, left back, De Jong, Eriksen, Anthony and a keeper.

There's no way they get 6 bud no way. I don't think they'll be getting a RB. And although yes a new back up GK counts in terms of numbers I'm not actually going to count that here. Its not a signing that improves United or even improves the squad.

There's no way they get 6 bud no way. I don't think they'll be getting a RB. And although yes a new back up GK counts in terms of numbers I'm not actually going to count that here. Its not a signing that improves United or even improves the squad.

So take 1 off then and we'll call it 5 to me a back up keeper still counts as a signing as I expect he'll play 10-15 games next season in europa/cup games with De Gea playing the league matches. I don't really see Eriksen as a starter so do we take him off as well and call it 4?

Right Back is my kind of throw in I think they'll go for one if they can find a buyer for AWB which will be tough if they can't it'll be stick with what you've got.

Same situation at centre back it seems like they want to sell Bailly and Tuanzebe but will they look to use Jones/Mengi as the 4th/5th choice centre back options. Given how injury prone Varane and Lindelof are that's a bit of a gamble.

6 requires a lot of outs on top of the lads who's contracts expired but for me it needs to be done.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back