Frenkie de Jong

Staying at Barca is what the news is today. Made a cracking run and pass in a friendly yesterday.

Still, least we'll have Fred, Mctom and Rabiot :oops:

I think they'll really crank up the pressure to try and force him out over the next few weeks they need him to go and they will do everything they can to make him quit.

crank it by saying they want him stay and he is staying? like they said within the last 12 hours?

The Athletic are reporting that Barca told De Jong on 15th July they have evidence of criminality around contract given by old board and legal action could be taken against all involved. Barca asked him to annul deal and revert to previous terms.

I've said for some time now he's going to stay. And quite frankly that just makes United look like incompetent muppets.
It's unbelievable really...with the midfield problems we have had over last few seasons that we haven't sorted the issue....look at the amount of time we have wasted on this transfer which probably won't and was never going to happen....so late in the window as well with season already started so any chance of gelling and bedding in gone....not to mention we started yesterday's game without a striker....this is Manchester United ffs!!! STANDARDS!

It's unbelievable really...with the midfield problems we have had over last few seasons that we haven't sorted the issue....look at the amount of time we have wasted on this transfer which probably won't and was never going to happen....so late in the window as well with season already started so any chance of gelling and bedding in gone....not to mention we started yesterday's game without a striker....this is Manchester United ffs!!! STANDARDS!
The problem is this isn't Manchester United. It has the badge and the name but it isn't. It is the Glazers way of making money. And whilst for the first several years of their tenure they got away with it they only got away with it due to the best manager in the history of the sport.

The problem is this isn't Manchester United. It has the badge and the name but it isn't. It is the Glazers way of making money. And whilst for the first several years of their tenure they got away with it they only got away with it due to the best manager in the history of the sport.
So depressing isn't it

The only thing I cling to is we surely have had something from De Jong or his agent to say look it'll happen just stick with it we just want Barca to pay the money and eventually they'll give in and pay it as they have no choice.

The only thing I cling to is we surely have had something from De Jong or his agent to say look it'll happen just stick with it we just want Barca to pay the money and eventually they'll give in and pay it as they have no choice.
I get it and that's logical to cling to bud. But with United? I just don't have that faith.

This saga has just got boring now. Barca are going to spout how they want to keep him or he wants to stay obviously but I wouldn’t believe a word Laporta says - he’s a politician. I feel like we do still have a chance because there has never been anything definitive from anyone about whether FDJ will stay or go - apart from Laporta or Xavi spewing the same line and following it up with but who knows what might happen with our finances.

Even if we are still in the race, that Brighton game isn’t going to help attract anyone!

If you were FDJ, would you leave Barca to join a club who just got beat at home to Brighton, a game where the players showed no interest or effort just like the last 12 months, and the solution is to sign Rabiot and Arnautovic.

Laporta has come and said that over night because he now knows there is no way FDJ leaves Barca for that

What Laporta says to the press and what he's doing behind the scenes are clearly 2 separate things and they are clearly getting more and more extreme if they're now threatening legal action against De Jong and his representatives over the contract that he signed.

It's just a huge mess that we've allowed ourselves to become wrapped up in all summer.

All these levers they've pulled to raise money and the league has still turned around to them and said it's not enough to register their new players or Dembele.

that irrelevant, he has a contract and he wants to see it it. That's that. And embarrasingly he'd rather stay at a club that treats him like that than come to united.

I guess we don’t really know what the player wants in truth. If he does want to leave but is negotiating about the deferrals, then his representatives have probably told him to not talk about.

My hunch is he will end up staying at Barca but they still have the issue of not being able to register any new players. I see FDJ as one of their assets that can generate big money and a player they are probably willing to let go. They won’t want to sell homegrown guys like Pedri or Gavi.

that irrelevant, he has a contract and he wants to see it it. That's that. And embarrasingly he'd rather stay at a club that treats him like that than come to united.

Well if someone owes me £15m then I'd probably stick around until they paid it.

Well if someone owes me £15m then I'd probably stick around until they paid it.
Barca will never pay because they don't owe him anything.
He is stupid because of the contract he signed.
He should accept that and make a decision to stay and scew them over or leave without the money.
United has waited too long for him.
He come now or we move on.

He should accept that and make a decision to stay and scew them over or leave without the money.

Nonsense, most of the players agreed to accept a wage cut thinking they were helping the club out in a pickle.

Nonsense, most of the players agreed to accept a wage cut thinking they were helping the club out in a pickle.
And where is the clause that protect him from being sold ?
He didn't see it coming and now he have a difficult choice to make.
He can get is wage and block all the new signing of Barca and being hated by the club and fans or he can move on and lost his wage.

They owe it to him this season and next they made a deal they should honour it.

These threats about taking the players to court is disgusting behaviour are they going to back date all the pay for the reduced salaries? You can’t plead poverty and say you can’t pay my wages when you’ve just dropped 150m in the transfer market.

He didn’t agree these new terms out of choice the club begged these players they did it to keep the club alive during the pandemic trying to screw these players over now is just wrong.

And where is the clause that protect him from being sold ?
He didn't see it coming and now he have a difficult choice to make.
He can get is wage and block all the new signing of Barca and being hated by the club and fans or he can move on and lost his wage.

Every contract has the clause a club cannot force you to accept a transfer it has to be mutual.

Barca’s behaviour here is nothing short of disgusting but sadly this is no surprise can’t think of any other club who’ve spent as much time in court as they have in the last decade.

Every contract has the clause a club cannot force you to accept a transfer it has to be mutual.

Barca’s behaviour here is nothing short of disgusting but sadly this is no surprise can’t think of any other club who’ve spent as much time in court as they have in the last decade.
Not talking about that.
He should have a clause in place that say his wage are not deffered if the club want to sell him.
They should have accepted, because he helped them.
He is stupid for not putting this clause in the contract.
Anyway, i guess he will stay and force Barca to sell more assets in order to register there new players.
It will be a disater for Barca if they can't register all there new players.

I have a horrible feeling he will end up leaving but will go to Chelsea, which will leave us with egg on our faces and a wasted summer transfer window.

Not talking about that.
He should have a close in place that say his wage are not deffered if the club want to sell him.
Anyway, i guess he will stay and force Barca to sell more assets in order to register there new players.

Yeah, every non Barca fan worldwide is rooting for them on that score, I know I am.

Yeah, even the renewal of Dembele and Sergi Roberto is currently blocked.

Strange that they'd want to, I know it's rumoured that Dembele has signed a new deal but Barca have been touting them both around Europe for the last 18 months with no takers, well obviously.

Why Dembele would renew if he knew Barca couldn't guarantee that he'd be registered to play in the League this season is just weird, especially if he's taken a big hit on his wages.

Not talking about that.
He should have a clause in place that say his wage are not deffered if the club want to sell him.

I would imagine that legally that's quite difficult to cover because what happens if the player asks to leave? Does he then get to leave with his money as well?

The way it's written both sides are equal which is probably how you want to structure it no one has control over the money there's just a clear agreement over how and when it is paid which both sides are to honour.

yes of course he gets the money, he is owed it.

He deferred his wages by two years to help them out, then they want to sell him before they have to pay the money.

It's disgusting, but they've done nothing wrong. His agent is where the problem lay, bad contract to sign.

It's amazing a club in a state like this, treating players like this, still has players desperate to go to them. Then there is united, scooping round the dregs of the barrel. How far we have fallen due to the Glazers poor ownership.

You can say bad contract to sign but I think you have to recognise just how close Barca were to bust when the players agreed these new deals they were all asked to take these reduced deals to try and give them enough space to sign Messi which they all wanted. That plan failed.

Pique took a pay cut last summer so they could register Memphis who they now want to sell and he's being asked to take another one so they can register Lewendowski.

Our club is a mess but these lot are a million times worse they've sold off their future to live today and now La Liga have said they've tried to fudge the numbers so they can't even live today.

They're a horrible club. Never forget what they don't to Alves. A legend of their club. He basically played for free last season with the deal he'd get paid this season and they released him.

but players want to go them and not united

says it all, sad times.

It's a beautiful place to live which is essentially what is has going for it but it's run by clowns and crooks.

Bernardo Silva wants to leave City to join them which on paper looks crazy because financially I doubt he'll be any better off but Barca will always have that pull with players.

Just had some journo from the athletic on.
Wants to stay at Barca. Chelsea willing to match our offer and pay the deferred wages

Just had some journo from the athletic on.
Wants to stay at Barca. Chelsea willing to match our offer and pay the deferred wages

If it's the same one I heard yesterday then he also said Chelsea have yet to put an offer in

Reports this morning that Barca have agreed a deal with City for Bernardo Silva.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back