Fred | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

I read we're (Ralf) after a Mali (i think- bad memory) international (not great with ACN) from one of the Redbull clubs in Jan

Informative eh!

I read we're (Ralf) after a Mali (i think- bad memory) international (not great with ACN) from one of the Redbull clubs in Jan

Informative eh!

That is Haidara currently at RB Leipzig.

Zakaria available on a free this summer as well, so there are definitely options out there. Haidara and Zakaria both from the Bundesliga so you would think Ralf has good knowledge of them.

Just to be clear the interim manager shouldn't really be dictating the transfer decisions of the club.

Murtough needs to be the man co-ordinating all of this through this recruitment team that the club have put in place but this summer for me the club need to be targetting 2 or 3 quality central midfield players to bring into the squad as the quality in that area is poor.

He's not here to be the interim manager though that's just what gets him in the door. He's here with the long term in mind and should be in full conversation with Murtough about transfers and our philosophy moving forwards. He'll have a lot more of an idea of the players that fit the bill that Murtough will.

He's not here to be the interim manager though that's just what gets him in the door. He's here with the long term in mind and should be in full conversation with Murtough about transfers and our philosophy moving forwards. He'll have a lot more of an idea of the players that fit the bill that Murtough will.

Well we don't really know what his next role will be it could well be that he stays on as manager if things go well if he wants to carry on coaching he may carry on into next season and beyond.

He maybe given a role above Murtough reporting directly to the new chief exec or he may be use as a consultant for Murtough someone he can lean on with experience to help mould the new structure off the pitch.

Rangnick focus for the next 6 months has to be purely on the first team and getting the results that get us back up the league and maybe even secure one of the 2 remaining cups.

My guess is he'll be advising Murtough on which sort of players can adapt to the new ideas which surely the club are going to stick with.

My guess is he'll be advising Murtough on which sort of players can adapt to the new ideas which surely the club are going to stick with.
Agreed I think he'll be advising on what players can play his style of football and which managers are best placed to continue his work. Otherwise there is literally no point in bringing him in.

Agreed I think he'll be advising on what players can play his style of football and which managers are best placed to continue his work. Otherwise there is literally no point in bringing him in.

Think his role after management will be part time rather than full time but will be interesting to see who he reports to will it be Murtough or will he be advising Arnold and the board on football performance.

I still kind of think if it goes well he will end up staying on as manager if Poch doesn’t become available.

Immense again. How some can't see what he offers is beyond me.
Immense is pushing it a little. He had some very good moments but he also had some proper brain fart moments especially early on.

I do rate Fred though and the last few games he has been really good at pressing in the midfield and forcing mistakes.

If he could maintain his good form, he'd be a very valuable player and highly praised all round the puntersphere.

Unfortunately, too often his form drops and he seems to forget what his career is built upon: the control and use of a ball.

I think we got the full Fred experience last night based on the highlights I saw.

A calamity moment involving our keeper that results in a goal (total accident) then a load of graft which helped create two goals laid one off for Bruno and was fouled for the penalty.

I mean if we're playing Fred Bingo I guess the only thing missing was him attempting a free kick... remember when he used to take those.

He's in good form at the moment he was playing really poorly even by his standards at the start of the season but glad to see/hear that he's playing well he may not be the best around but he's what we've got so we need him at his best if we're going to get back up the league.

Immense is pushing it a little. He had some very good moments but he also had some proper brain fart moments especially early on.

I do rate Fred though and the last few games he has been really good at pressing in the midfield and forcing mistakes.

I've watched it again and it was definitely a 8 out of 10 performance from Mr Marmite, and if he'd done a better job of crocking De Gea i'd have given him a 9.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not his best game, but scoring the winner with his swinger made up for it.

That's a bit harsh, he's probably the least awkward player using his 'weaker' foot currently playing in the Premier League.

Really nice team goal that. Ronaldo heavily involved in the build up as is Dalot. Great finish by Fred of course.

Premier League: Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United - 11th December 2021

Best outfield player.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably been our best player for a few games now. Another good performance and he always puts in a shift. Thought him and McT were pretty good today.

Been badly missed the last few games.

If only we could clone Matic and Fred, we'd have a near perfect DM that never stops smiling.

I didn’t think he was that bad thought first half both centre mids were poor they gave us no control, no protection, no creativity but second half they seemed to get it together. The whole team stepped it up squeezed Brentford a bit more got in the opponents face and made it more of a physical battle.

Great pass to setup the first goal for Elanga.

The midfield problem for me is made worse by the team being so stretched it’s an impossible job covering the area they’re being asked to cover. Sometimes we get countered because of their bad passing losing it in dangerous areas but a lot of the time without the ball they’re sitting ducks are we are so out of shape.

with the ball both still have a long way to go along with the team in controlling the ball and the space on the pitch to keep a team like Brentford pinned back. We let them break on us so easily and it should have cost us the points.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-0 West Ham United - 22nd January 2022

He was much better than his previous performance.

Great impact off the bench.

Took the goal well but all round top performance when he came on

He'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet if I was picking the team, you know what you're getting from Fred.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back