Facundo Pellistri | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

Sideshow Bob

Deft pass for Rashford’s first. Nice little cameo, it’s a shame we didn’t see more of him. Hopefully he will be given a longer opportunity against Reading.

Deft pass for Rashford’s first. Nice little cameo, it’s a shame we didn’t see more of him. Hopefully he will be given a longer opportunity against Reading.
His close control whilst running with the ball was really impressive. What is encouraging is that both Pellistri and Garnacho are calm in the final third, they don't panic and more often than not, choose the right pass or take the shot on.

Tried too hard and nearly messed up with the late free-kick, and it is partly on EtH and his handling of the kid. Hope he starts against Reading in the Cup, with the crowd behind him he will cause havoc to their defence.

Stuck in a lovely cross that Weghorst almost got on the end of and his run helped create the third goal but there was a very sloppy moment in the game where he made a played a terrible pass that put the attacker in and he chased in back and fouled him. Wasn't a mile away from the penalty.

Think he's worth a bit more time but my gut feeling with him is he'll be sold on this summer, he's going to do a lot to hold on to his spot in the squad and he looks to me like a lad who needs to start playing first team football every week.

Yeah a nice little cameo and great work for the goal seconds after coming on. I think he is a good impact sub because of his direct play against a tiring full back.

Would be nice to see him getting some more minutes because he’s definitely a threat.

Get him some more game time! Brilliant little cameo and hopefully puts him in the managers thoughts.

that's good (I meant too as in along with al lthe other left players, rather than as well as the right)

I didn't know what side he played off, if it's the right then definitely give him a few games, because I think we a poor down that side, Antony is ok, but doesn't do enough for me.

I've always been impressed with him whenever he has come on. He has blistering pace, very good close control of the ball, good movement and decision making. He deserves to get a more minutes than he currently does.

I think he'll contribute as an impact sub in a few games this season but still think he'll either be out on loan or sold in the summer.

He does give us something a bit different which is a wide player who wants to huge the touchline and stay wide

Selling would be a huge mistake. I could see a loan move to a Championship side expected to challenge for promotion or a lower PL side.

Selling would be a huge mistake. I could see a loan move to a Championship side expected to challenge for promotion or a lower PL side.

I dunno mate to me he looks like a Dan James or Periera level.

Will do well at a decent prem side but I don’t see the world class potential.

With Amad returning in the summer I think it’ll be him and Anthony off the right side next season.

We will need money for signings if there’s offers for Pellistri I’d be willing to listen to them.

I dunno mate to me he looks like a Dan James or Periera level.

Will do well at a decent prem side but I don’t see the world class potential.

With Amad returning in the summer I think it’ll be him and Anthony off the right side next season.

We will need money for signings if there’s offers for Pellistri I’d be willing to listen to them.
Would you have said that about Amad before his loan move? Unlike James, Pellistri knows what to do with the ball once he's kicked and rushed, and the less said about Pre-season Pele the better. I think a loan (he should've been loaned this Jan) would do Pellistri a world of good, like it has Amad.

Would you have said that about Amad before his loan move? Unlike James, Pellistri knows what to do with the ball once he's kicked and rushed, and the less said about Pre-season Pele the better. I think a loan (he should've been loaned this Jan) would do Pellistri a world of good, like it has Amad.
Must admit I do think it is premature to be taking jsp's view on Pellistri. Think he needs the chance to shine.

Maybe a loan to Middlesborough or Sunderland next season, but a bit more game time needed before we cast him aside.

Amad I always thought had the talent just looked very lightweight and his loan at Rangers didn’t work out. This season at Sunderland he seems to be a bit more mature and is flying but the prem is a whole new challenge.

Pellistri spent 18 months out on loan at Alaves not making much of an impact. I think the season here was the best thing for him but he’s struggled to get on the pitch.

I just don’t see him being a top quality forward, he certainly needs to be at another club next season be it on loan or permanent deal. I think you can tell pretty quickly with kids who go into the first team if they’ve got that special quality. Ithink there’s something there with Pellistri but I’m not sure it’ll be enough to make it at Utd.

Only Nicaragua but two early assists from Facundo so far in Bielsa's first game in charge of Uruguay.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back