Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Defensive midfielder? I wasn't aware he was a defensive midfielder as well?! Not that I think he'll ever play there if we do sign him which seems unlikely.

Fabinho's wife is now following United on Instagram.

bhNTVQt6lqpXxb8ZF7q99MA2l16OrDbl6V7kN5UTGrw.png

Must mean he's coming?!

No on a serious note though I don't see us signing him now. Valencia is doing so well at RB that I'm not sure Jose really needs to bring in another? What we need is a CB. It seems like Jones could at last be on his way so I think we need CB cover more.

So either he's agent was using us to get him a new deal? And by using us that could mean as little as our name. Or we were interested but that faded and so Monaco thought it was best to get him tied down just in case we come back next year.

Guessing that Fabinho has a release clause in that contract he signed last summer that tends to be how these things work these days. Player signs new deal with a fixed price release clause then the agent goes around Europe trying to secure that fee for the club.

Only seem bits of him but he looks like the type of midfielder who'd thrive in the premier league and under Mourinho he's big, strong, quick but also good on the ball. He seems like a good upgrade on Fellaini to me.

The prices have almost become irrelevant these days you can't judge players by them if Mourinho thinks he's good enough go get him.

Think he's being linked with a move to anyone, seems to me he's 1 of 2-3 players they plan to move on this summer.

Falcao
Fabinho
Silva

Are the ones I've heard that they are confident that they can sell and replace.

A further tweet.

This is the signing I want. He is exactly what we need and is far superior to Matic or Dier. There are many players we are linked that I'm like meh but make this happen Ed, make it happen.

Agreed, I think he would compliment Pogba and Herrera more than the other two. There seems to be conflicting reports on this - the MEN are insistent that we are not interested. Di Marzio is usually right though.

More about him than your typical DM due to his time at RB, he's dynamic, has flair, great vision and good range of passing. Would be a great signing in my opinion.

Would love to see Fabinho come in, good forward passer as well would keep things ticking over and him/Herrera would release Pogba to go burst forward and do his damage further up the field.

The Dier/Matic links will not go away and I don't want either, Fabinho with Fosu-Mensah/Carrick as his back up, I have zero interest in Chelsea/Spurs rejects not sure why they are good enough for us when they are being replaced at their current clubs.

The Matic links are increasingly worrying me. I know there are probably a few who would disagree but I've never rated him. I just think Fabinho is keen and sure Monaco would let him go for the right fee and he would be a better fit. But if Jose wants to bring in Matic then got to trust his judgement. I have yet to hear any links from any credible sources though, so unless I see Matic holding a United shirt I will refuse to believe he's coming!

That Matic link is clearly because he's an ex player and while people may want to doubt him he's been at Chelsea for 3 1/2 seasons and in 2 of those seasons they've won the league so he can't be that bad. I don't think he'd have fans doing cartwheels down the street but he's a much better player than Fellaini and Utd may need more than 1 central midfielder next season. By the end of last season it was clear that both Herrera & Pogba were knackered.

The Dier one always felt more like an agent trying to sound people out as his client was unhappy as he'd lost his space in the Spurs team and potentailly was going to lose his spot in the national team as well.

Put it this way if we sold Fellaini to buy Matic I'd be pretty happy as he'd be an upgrade on that player and he's clearly a guy that the manager likes.

Very hard to tell where we are on Fabinho one minute there's no interest the next we've bid £35m now he's talking about how much he wants to come.

Yeah those Fabinho links are strange, some reports say we are in for him and then others say Jose isn't interested. He's pretty much declared he wants to come. I think we'll end up with one of him or Matic but it's anyone's guess who. There aren't any other midfielders I think we would be in for, including Dier.

I don't think we are selling Fellaini, I think Jose likes him as a back up option to come on and do a job. Wouldn't be my favourite decision but I don't detest him as much as others. I admire his resilience in the face of fans booing him, he does some stupid things but he can still do a job here. He's one player that is no doubt up for discussion in the United boardroom.

Thing is Utd could be looking anywhere without the press even having a sniff of it we have shown in the past that deals can come from nowhere. Had anyone even heard of Darmian or Martial before we signed them? Same last summer with Bailly there was next to no rumours about these guys then all of a sudden bang Utd have signed them. It seems to me with Fabinho that it's in someones interest for this story to be out there and it's hard to tell if that is Utd, Monaco or the player it certainly seems like the last few days with his comments on TV/Radio that it's the player who's doing the flirting here not Utd. My guess is Fabinho doesn't want to be the last man left on the Monaco ship when all his team mates leave this summer he wants to make sure he's got his way out as well.

A lot probably depends on how Mourinho is shaping his midfield next season if he wants to go with the 3 man midfield then we might need to sign more than 1 centre mid but if that's the case what we need are midfielders who can score goals.

Fabinho was asked a few difficult questions by some nob head reporter such as what shirt number he would want at Utd etc. He dodged the questions quite well but did say he was 'tempted' by a move to utd. Does that mean he has already had the offer and is tempted by it or would be tempted if an offer was made. It's very unclear. So as a few have said, until he is holding his Utd shirt with Jose it's gonna be difficult to judge who is coming. Utd like to do business quietly mostly (just like the Pogba saga haha).

Fabinho is a priority for United, but PSG have also opened talks, according to Bouhafsi.

Now Bouhafsi is someone I could trust a little. Hopefully if it was a tot up between us and PSG we would be more attractive. After all he's won the French league, why not widen your horizons Fab son.

And can you see Monaco selling to PSG?? Nahhhhh not a chance

Why not?

The whole business model at Monaco is about buying players developing them and then selling them on I think obviously they'd prefer to sell to a non domestic rival but if PSG are putting up the cash and Utd aren't going to match it I think he goes the target at Monaco is to sell for the best price possible.

Monaco's target is to be the 2nd best club in France and under the current owner make profits by being clever in the transfer market if they can snatch the odd title in seasons where PSG don't perform then happy days but I don't think they're realistically trying to compete with PSG as they know in that particular arms race they can't win.

I still don't think it's certain that he will go so far they've sold Bernardo Silva it would appear Bakayoko is off and possibly Mbappe it might be that they say to Fabinho he has to stay 1 more year before he's allowed to go.

Still just rumours at this stage about PSG. But I would be most annoyed.

Think it'll be rumour after rumour everyday until we spend £60m on Matic on deadline day.

Just think we spend to much time stalling on deals and then we end up missing out. Granted nothing official has come out that we ever wanted Fabinho. But if it was all lies and we didn't, surely we would have distanced ourselves from the rumours earlier?

The pressure of managing Man Utd and getting them back to where we want them to be is enormous! So if JM is going to carry this on his back we've got to supply him with what he needs. Not 3rd and 4th choice players. Because when and if things don't go well it will be his head on the block. The way we've conducted ourselves in the transfer market post fergie has been poor. There's always a big circus that comes with a Man Utd transfer but we've dragged our heals at times. We've missed out on big names and ended up with Fellainis! Just hope this doesn't happen again here. I'm not staying up till midnight on deadline day to see us get Matic!

Think we've lost Fabinho to PSG!

Have we lost him or has a player we've not been interested in for 6 months joined another club?

We just don't know as there have been no quotes from anyone published suggesting we have an interest it's all rumour.

Is this a weird transfer? Why would he go there, especially when they have this transfer ban. IMO it must be cos Utd weren't interested in him, nor any other big club which surprises me.
He's be better off staying at Monaco.

I guess this is a difficult one for Atletico. They can't register players but they also know that no clubs are willing to part with players in January so if they want to improve the quality of the squad for the back end of next season they have to bite the bullet purchase players now and leave them sitting doing nothing for 4 months.

Is there any appeal coming up? Just can't see why Costa and Fabinho would be willing to sit doing nothing for 4 months at this point in their careers.

The reports I read were that Costa was going to go on loan for the first half of the season to Turkey might be that Fabinho does something similar maybe even stays at Monaco until January who knows.

Both are internationals as far as I'm aware so sitting out half the season the year before the world cup is very brave especially when you play for nations like Spain & Brazil as they have so many players to chose from.

I believe Atletico are all out of appeal options now they were banged to rights they broke the rules on multiple occasions.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back