Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
v
220px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png

Friday, 5th January 2017
FA Cup
Old Trafford
20:00 GMT

Be interesting to see what he does here guess it will depend on who is available to return but this is our best shot at a trophy this season.

Could Carrick, Fellaini, Lukaku or Valencia be back? Not sure any have any real expected return dates.

I’m not sure we need to rotate massively because we get a 9 day break after this but could be a chance to give Matic a long break to freshen his legs

Assume Romero will start in goal but there’s some rumours he wants loaning out with the World Cup in the summer he feels he needs to play so could Periera get a start? Mctominay & Tuenzebe should at least be on the bench would like to see one start.

Hope Shaw gets another start.

Lukaku is back
Fellaini is back
Carrick back in training but not yet ready for games
Valencia could be back next week
Smalling was back on the bench vs Everton

So that leaves Ibra & Bailly on the long term injury list and Young banned.

As you say mate a bit of a break before the next game so rest a few but shouldn't be to much of a worry if we don't, Jose always goes strong in cups and he will be especially wary after the Bristol City nightmare the other week.

Romero in goal, personally I would like to see Tuanzebe start, Smalling to get his fitness up, Shaw, maybe Lindelof, the more starts the better for him.

I would rest Matic, play maybe Pogba/McTominey in the two.

Can't see to many being rested up top, I would give Martial another go up front, Rashford on the left, Lingard 10 and then either Mata/Mhiki on the right.

Romero

Tuenzebe Lindelof Smalling Shaw

Fellaini Herrera Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Martial

Don’t think we can go to weak this is our shot at a trophy so we need to make sure we win.

If we are in a strong position give McTominay 20 minutes from end.

I'd give rests to De Gea, Rojo, Matic and Lingard. Jones too possibly if Smalling is ok to play. And also keep Rashford on his prolonged rest. 10 days then until the next game so hopefully everyone will be fresh then.

Derby are two places above Bristol City. Let's not go out of another cup by underestimating a Championship side.

Maybe start Herrera for Matic and Martial for Lingard.

Romero

Lindelof Smalling Blind Shaw

Herrera Pogba

Mata Lingard Mhiki

Rashford

Subs: Pereira, Darmian, Rojo, Fellaini, McTominay, Lukaku, Martial

Shame Tuenzebe isn’t on the bench ahead of Darmian.

Not a lot of width in that team a lot of pressure on Shaw to provide it assuming we’re playing a 4-2-3-1

Not watching but saw first half highlights looks like we’ve battered them but can’t score and Rashford missed a sitter.

Lukaku on for Mkhitaryan at HT

1-0 Messi

Sorry Jessie Lingard, the lad is on fire!

2-0 Lukaku

Left it late but looks like job done.

Looked like it would be one of those nights where we just don’t get the break through but Lingard provided the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back