FA Cup: Man Utd Vs Middlesbrough ~ Fri 4th Feb 8pm KO

But bud you don't. You really really don't. You're so far off the top 2 and there's a gap to 3.
I disagree. We're a couple short of a top notch team. You'll appreciate that fact more as we feel the benefit of decent management.

You don't agree, but that's fine. All you ABUs will go the way of Trumpians; off to the tar pits with you!

‘You lot’ - geez.

I have absolutely no doubts if United started performing again and winning trophies, you would be a huge fan again. Fans have got to ride out the bad times and that’s what we are doing. We have never been under any illusions about the state of our club but are always going to look for the positives - if we don’t then life is a depressing place.
Trust me bud I won't be. I hope for you guys and for my brother you get back to the top I really do. But football to me is too dull. For me the best part of the year is the transfer window.

So you can't be realistic? You can't recognise the utter dross that United have? Wow OK. I'm a huge nfl fan, my team are not a good team right now but I can recognise that. I can look at the bigger picture and see that they need to rebuild their roster. That a lot of work is required.

You lot suggest that Rashford is a top drawer player. Some of you say Maguire is a quality CB.
So then i'm sure you would get annoyed at people constantly being negative about your NFL team.

Rashford: I don't think anyone on here feels he is world class. Maguire is an ok CB.

I disagree. We're a couple short of a top notch team. You'll appreciate that fact more as we feel the benefit of decent management.

You don't agree, but that's fine. All you ABUs will go the way of Trumpians; off to the tar pits with you!
A couple short? In what world?

You need a new RB, arguably a new CB and a LB. You need at least 2 but probably 3 CMs, you need a LW or RW and a striker. You are at least 5 top players away plus some good players to complement that.

Trust me bud I won't be. I hope for you guys and for my brother you get back to the top I really do. But football to me is too dull. For me the best part of the year is the transfer window.
Strange that you post on a football forum and still evidently watch some games then?

So then i'm sure you would get annoyed at people constantly being negative about your NFL team.

Rashford: I don't think anyone on here feels he is world class. Maguire is an ok CB.
It isn't about being negative I keep telling you this. It's being honest and being realistic. I really don't know what I'm meant to say?

In fact look I get it, I'm annoying people and people don't like me. So I'll ask you this...

As a ex United fan, someone who still has an interest in the club because I followed them for so long and my brother still loves them what am I meant to say? What can I say about this team? As I'm not allowed to be negative so what can I say? Or am I not meant to say anything? And if that's the case then fine I'll bugger off and I won't post anymore.

Strange that you post on a football forum and still evidently watch some games then?
I do post your right. Note that I rarely post much about games for the most part. And when I do it is because I'm watching a game. Take tonight... I watched rugby and then switched to the football. My choice was football on my phone or 24 hours in a&e... Not a great choice really.

It just one of those nights where our finishing was the deciding factor. Chances for Rashford, Bruno, and Elanga, Ronaldo penalty. We kept Boro in the game.

A couple short? In what world?

You need a new RB, arguably a new CB and a LB. You need at least 2 but probably 3 CMs, you need a LW or RW and a striker. You are at least 5 top players away plus some good players to complement that.
A DCM (Rice shaped) and a CF will do us.

It isn't about being negative I keep telling you this. It's being honest and being realistic. I really don't know what I'm meant to say?

In fact look I get it, I'm annoying people and people don't like me. So I'll ask you this...

As a ex United fan, someone who still has an interest in the club because I followed them for so long and my brother still loves them what am I meant to say? What can I say about this team? As I'm not allowed to be negative so what can I say? Or am I not meant to say anything? And if that's the case then fine I'll bugger off and I won't post anymore.
I'm in no place to say who can and cannot post on here, and am not asking you to stop posting. We are all negative about the club at times, that's the life of a football fan , but it is the constant 'the club is sh*t' comments that grate after a while, that's all. Sometimes you just need to let us brood after a game.

I'm in no place to say who can and cannot post on here, and am not asking you to stop posting. We are all negative about the club at times, that's the life of a football fan , but it is the constant 'the club is sh*t' comments that grate after a while, that's all.
But it is... And when I give my reasons for it and explain why I think that I get knocked back. I get told I'm being negative and yet all the team have done for years is prove me right.

And this is why I say United fans are just so unrealistic.
Give me DeGea, Shaw, Varane, Maguire, Dalot, Rice, Pogba, Bruno, Sancho, Rashford and Halaand and I'll win the lot. Promise! Bet you a fiver.
Pogba won't be there next year. Bruno doesn't really seem to fit in to a team where he's not the focal point. Dalot and Shaw? Are you serious? I mean that team is going to ship goals like nobodies business.

I've always said, it's nice to win but I want to see nice football. Thought we played some lovely stuff, enjoyed it, apart from the result.

And this is why I say United fans are just so unrealistic.

Pogba won't be there next year. Bruno doesn't really seem to fit in to a team where he's not the focal point. Dalot and Shaw? Are you serious? I mean that team is going to ship goals like nobodies business.
Pogba and Bruno fitted perfectly today.

TBH, I don't care about your depressed attitude, I liked our performance. We played enjoyable, attacking football. Shame we lost, but still. The future's bright, the future's red.

Haha haha haha. You prove my point so well. Thank you.
Guess it’s posts like this that prove our point as well and that’s you just seem to be on the wind up. If I went into an NFL forum and sole purpose was to twist the knife in after defeats for your team then sure it would grate on you as well.

Anywhoo back to the game. I’m disappointed we lost but we only have ourselves to blame. We had so many chances but were supremely wasteful. Boro didn’t deserve anything and equalised because of a blatant handball. This is cup football though, you will get punished if you don’t kill games off.

We battered them didn’t make the most of our chances and lost on pens.

very frustrating but it can happen in football if you don’t punish a team.

no idea what the handball rule even is anymore how their equaliser is allowed to stand with VAR is beyond me but apparently by the rules it was the right decision.

Gutted for Elanga but glad his team mates got around him and looked after him.

no idea what the handball rule even is anymore how their equaliser is allowed to stand with VAR is beyond me but apparently by the rules it was the right decision.
The same 'accidental' interpretation of the law should then equally apply to defenders.

The same 'accidental' interpretation of the law should then equally apply to defenders.

It does if the ball hits your body first then your arm/hand it is deemed accidental and not handball.

I think it makes sense in most cases but when you attempt to control a ball then hits your arm/hand it has to be a free kick.

Even their manager couldn’t believe they gave the goal.

I think everyone who watches football knows that goal should not have been allowed, if the rules allow it, they need reviewing.

I think everyone who watches football knows that goal should not have been allowed, if the rules allow it, they need reviewing.

This is the issue though the rules do allow it by constantly changing them to try and make them more black and white and less open to refs interpretation they have created these sort of situations where that by the current rules isn't handball.

It is deemed accidental handball.

Where the rule is mad is say Watmore takes a shot and scores rather than pass it accross goal for a tap in then the goal probably doesn't stand as any handball by the goalscorer in the build up has to be punished.

I really do not get why it was allowed after a VAR review. Without the hand he's not going to control that ball and they are not going to score. If a defender did that then its a pen all day long.

I really do not get why it was allowed after a VAR review. Without the hand he's not going to control that ball and they are not going to score. If a defender did that then its a pen all day long.

Because under the current rule is the ball hits your body before hitting your /armhand it is automatically deemed accidental and therefore not handball.

The VAR had no reason to change the on field decision because by the current rule it is a correct decision.

I actually think on paper the rule makes a lot of sense just in these circumstances where a player mis controls the ball then gets a huge advantage from his hand correcting his bad control it doesn't feel fair. This is where I think taking away "common sense" from refs creates a problem as by the spirit of the rules that should be handball.

What changes do you think should be made?
Honestly... RB and LB. I think you may get away with either Dalot or Shaw but the other needs to be replaced.

I think they need another CB to compete with Maguire. It should be a genuine challenge though.

They really need at least 2 CMs but actually i think they need 3. People will say that's too many but I'm not so sure it is. I mean they are going to lose Pogba, Matic should be moved on and Fred really isn't good enough. But for one season I think they could get away with signing 2.

And then in attack they probably now need a world class striker and a RW. Again you can absolutely debate the RW but then Rashford isn't a RW and Sancho seems to be better on the left.

And the likelihood is United may get 3 players in the summer? I mean I think they'll get 1 CM and a striker and then perhaps a full back. And that's fair enough but the team needs so much work that it is going to take at least 2/3 summer transfer windows and that's not factoring in aging players and those who will leave.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back