FA Cup 2022/23 Quarter Finals: Man Utd vs Fulham ~ Sun 19th Mar 4.30 PM KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Last game before the international break see Utd host Fulham at Old Trafford.

Casemiro begins his 4 game ban, I haven't seen any other team news yet, didn't look like anyone picked up new injuries last night.

I assume Martial still isn't ready and Anthony missed the game with illness so he might return.

This will be a tricky game Fulham will go full strength and they've got Paulinha back who's missed the last 2 with a ban he makes a massive difference for them in midfield but there issue has been goals. Since the world cup Mitrovic hasn't really got going again he's had a couple of injuries which seem to have knocked him off his stride.

I think we'll go pretty strong Varane has retired from internationals so I expect he will start and the rest kind of picks itself he doesn't seem to have much faith in Sancho at the moment and I can't see him giving Pellistri 2 starts in a row.

DDG

AWB Varane Martinez Malacia

Fred Sabitzer

Anthony Bruno Rashford

Weghorst

My guess is he'll look to start strong hopefully get into a comfortable winning position and then take players off.

The positive for ETH is for the international lads it's only 2 games in the next 2 weeks rather than playing twice a week.

We will need to score a few today as you can be sure we will concede 1 or 2 with silly bollocks in defence

Good job we’ve got a prolific goal scorer starting at number 9.

Pretty depressing that we are playing counter attack football at home to Fulham.

Pretty ropey start struggling to get up the pitch looks like we are inviting them onto us to try and take out their entire team with 1 pass rather than try to play through.

Our attack just look so disjointed there’s no link up between them been that way for years and still feels like something ETH hasn’t cracked yet. our front 3 rarely seem to combine to create chances for each other.

Maguire booked means he can’t play in the semi if we get through.

Silly bollocks is going to cost us here. Can see it coming.....

Would you rather start Lindelof?

The Maguire/McTominay/Weghorst spine will strike fear into any side in Europe.

Would you rather start Lindelof?

The Maguire/McTominay/Weghorst spine will strike fear into any side in Europe.
As far as I am concerned Maguire has no place in our team anymore. Every time he plays everything is so ponderous and tentative and that has been a feature since we signed him.
Yes I would rather have Lindelof, at least he can move the ball out from defence to midfield without us all having our fecking hearts in our mouth.

As far as I am concerned Maguire has no place in our team anymore. Every time he plays everything is so ponderous and tentative and that has been a feature since we signed him.
Yes I would rather have Lindelof, at least he can move the ball out from defence to midfield without us all having our fecking hearts in our mouth.

I’m yet to see that with Lindelof I don’t think either are great. Lindelof can hit a decent long ball but he’s a very poor defender in my opinion we have seen it consistently over his time at the club. If Varane was fit then neither would be playing this game but injuries are a problem for Varane.

Not surprised we’ve gone behind we’ve invited far to much pressure eventually a chance was going to fall their way.

Missing half of his favoured starting XI today and it shows. Hard to really see where the spark might come from to get us back in this one.

Got away with one there. Thanks in large part to Dave and Antony, but more importantly Willian and Mitrovic. WTAF were you thinking?

Poor for the most part until the pen. Poor in quality but worse in application. Second to every ball. Lost every 50-50. Looked gassed or disinterested, but we're through and that's all that matters. I'm guessing the fact that it was a pen and two reds that turned the match is going to wind up the ABU's something fierce.

I get why Willian did what he did but Mitrovic was just stupid he lost control and will face a long ban for that you can’t grab a ref like that I suspect he will be looking at 5 games for that.

Fulham we’re the better side up to the red card then just imploded.

Why does VAR send the ref to review it? Just say it’s 100% a penalty and red card the on field review there is totally pointless.

We got away with one today, as we were dreadful before the penalty/red cards.

Mitrovic was so stupid, even 11v10 they would have had a shot. 11v9 - not a chance.

I disagree with these sentiments. We weren’t great granted, but I think we would have turned the screw and recovered the situation

We hadn't shown anything to give us confidence we would get back into the game up until the Fulham implosion.
Yup. We were rubbish until Fulham chucked it. I suppose someone could've produced a moment of magic, but it wasn't looking likely.

I'm sorry but how the f*ck does a United fan not know the term ABU.
It's not the sort of term that would register strongly in my brain. If I heard the term used before I would likely just disregard it and erase it. And thats the best thing for it.

I disagree with these sentiments. We weren’t great granted, but I think we would have turned the screw and recovered the situation
Not so sure about that - we hadn’t shown anything in the game to suggest we were capable of turning the screw. If anything, Fulham looked like they would score a second.

It's not the sort of term that would register strongly in my brain. If I heard the term used before I would likely just disregard it and erase it. And thats the best thing for it.

It's one of the most common terms used by United fans I've ever come across.

Yeah until that penalty we never looked like having a shot let alone scoring a goal.

Fulham had us pretty easily pinned back in our half and the crowd was getting very restless with Maguire especially taking forever to get the ball forward.

It very much looked like it would be one of those days where our luck finally runs out.

Luckily for us it didn't

I'm not that common

No one said you were. It's a common phrase 'to be used often'.

Though it's generally those that are quite common (bucket loads of them in society) that think they're above average the term common.

I'd say it's a phrase that isn't heard as much these days it was a lot more common in our glory years since we fell off our perch I don't think it's that common.

Justifiably so. There is a real discipline problem within the game presently that needs to be sorted and the officials are being subjected to far too much abuse and aggressive posturing. Bruno was also a prat recently pushing a linesman in the back.
Of course the VAR shambles is what is behind much of it.

8 feels like a heavy ban to me, if you're going to send a message just make it 10 so he's out for the season.

I get they need to send a tough message but the idiots who intimidate refs at the lower level aren't going to think twice because Mitrovic gets an 8 game ban for losing his cool.

8 feels like a heavy ban to me, if you're going to send a message just make it 10 so he's out for the season.

I get they need to send a tough message but the idiots who intimidate refs at the lower level aren't going to think twice because Mitrovic gets an 8 game ban for losing his cool.
I don’t know, I think an 8 game ban is a pretty strong deterrent. That’s basically a 5th of a league season, if you don’t count any cup games in that equation. I think it’s the least he deserved.

I don’t know, I think an 8 game ban is a pretty strong deterrent. That’s basically a 5th of a league season, if you don’t count any cup games in that equation. I think it’s the least he deserved.

I was expecting 5 or 6 to be honest and it will all be league games as they're out of the cups, he started the ban at the weekend so he's back for their last 3 games of the season. Lucky for Fulham they've got the points in the bag to not be in the relegation scrap.

The FA are appealing the decision as they want a longer ban my guess is they want him out for the rest of the season.

Look at it another way it's the same number of games Casemiro has missed through suspension for us this season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back