Evra accuses Suarez of making racist remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evra on Suarez: 'There are cameras, you can see him say a certain word to me at least 10 times. No place for that in 2011.'

Evra expects action to be taken regarding his Suarez racist comments accusation: 'The referee is aware of what was said.'

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true because Suarez is a pure scumbag. He's a disgrace.

Sorry but Evra is ....Evra , and wears his heart on his sleeve ie France episode....it's a pity he just doesn't get on with what he used to do best , defend and concentrate on playing to the best of his ability .

Explains Evra's reaction to what I said in the Liverpool game thread.

If Suarez is found guilty of this he is going to be in the shit. If fans can be banned for 3 years for racism, why can't footballers themselves be banned for lengthy spells, if they want to get rid of racism in football, you've got to come down hard on them. It's so hard to prove it though unless the referee heard it.

This is when it happened apparently.
424654749.png

Lets see if the FA have the balls to act against Suarez after moaning about the Bulgarian FA doing nothing about Ashley Young's abuse!

Busquets was charged over racism claim but was later cleared. Has a footballer been charged and found guilty? A severe banning and a fine will be the likelyhood punishment - that is just a guess.

I know this is going to sound racist, but it's not meant to be, but in football as most sports, (cricket especially) if you could gain an advantage by riling players and got under their skin and putting them off their game you'd gained an advantage. As pro's that have been playing the game as long as Evra has you would have thought he would have learnt to be professional as well and not to have let it get to him (advantage Liverpool) , surely growing up he would have faced worse things in life.....or was it an excuse because he wasn't playing as well as he wanted?(just a question)......all i can say is it he was lucky he wasn't Irish , Welsh or Scottish during the 50's and 60's because the abuse they suffered on a football pitch by players trying to wind them up and gain an advantage was unbelievable............just a thought.....was it racist........or was it a way to gain advantage........by fair means or fowl .

There is no place in football for racism - whether to gain an advantage or not. To suggest otherwise is completely wrong.

Evra should rise above this and just get on with it.
Running to your mum because someone called you names...FFS.

How come Suarez is able to conduct his defense through the media when this is an ongoing case, typical Abu hacks will mean this will be unproven one way or another

How come the FA could rightly deal with the Swansea capt for spitting in double quick time and had Rooney banned in a matter of days for swearing yet there seems to be no panic in punishing Suarez and Terry. They are obviously hoping it will go away and are happy with Suarez to use the media to clear his name with various limp excuses and everyone in the FA to speak up for John Terry to the point where it is getting ridiculous, no doubt Anton Ferdinand under serious pressure from various high profile people to drop his action. This time these players are getting is suiting them and not those who were racially abused

If he did say anything Suarez cannot use the excuse of a language barrier, if he said anything he surely knew the context he was saying it in.

Didn't think there'd be enough evidence, obviously the FA have some evidence otherwise they wouldn't have charged him.

He will go along the lines that what he said means something totally different in Uruguay than what we think it means.

He said the word "negro" many times. He then tried to justify the use of the word by saying in his culture or the "Spanish speaking countries" as he put it, use it frequently and that it means no harm.

Now, I'm pretty sure the term "negro" is offensive and would be deamed racist by anybody unless they're slightly deluded.

Yet Liverpool FC AND their supporters, are standing by Suarez. I understand the club fully supporting their player; every team would. But some supporters should be ashamed that they are basically condoning what Suarez has done. They may aswell be wearing "WE <3 BLATTER" t-shirts to their next home game & have John Terry as the guest of honour on the Kop.

Just to put it out their, I'm Sikh, but if I was racially abused or felt offended, I would NEVER shake the persons hand and turn the other way from it. We should be eradicating it, not turning a blind eye to it.

great timing by the FA... a good 2 fingers up at FIFA & Blatter mere moments after his interview on shaking hands with a racist scumbag...

Good to see at least something was done instead of them sweeping it under the carpet

Good to see at least something was done instead of them sweeping it under the carpet
No doubt but lets wait until they find him guilty its not done and dusted yet. The bit that worrys me is that what ever happens Suarez is setting the precedent for Terry and the FA will be loathed to punish him heavily

No doubt but lets wait until they find him guilty its not done and dusted yet. The bit that worrys me is that what ever happens Suarez is setting the precedent for Terry and the FA will be loathed to punish him heavily

If Terry is found guilty then they should throw the book at both him and Suarez regardless of Terry being England captain and I can't wait for Chelski's stance as they are currently charging a fan with abusing Sturridge, no doubt they will do anything tho. The FA also set a precedence when giving Rooney a 3 match ban for swearing.

Luis Suarez handed eight-match FA ban

Suarez found guilty of racially abusing Evra

Very lightly let off IMHO, the reaction of LFC and their fans is shocking defending a now convicted racist

as Crerand Legend says... it's shocking just how Liverpool as a team and it's fans are reacting to the result of the charge.

Wonder if Terry will get the same punishment when the FA finally bother to do something about him?

The ban should be more but surprised Suarez has been given that length of ban. This has set a precedent now. Liverpool have come out looking bad from this where as United have remained dignified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back