Everton Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how it read, and as chief spokesperson of the CR7 appreciation society I would never have heard the end of it if I hadn't commented.

Lack of options!? Players like Guehi, Tomori and one or two other young bucks are kicking the door down to get in the squad, it's just the Manager(who knows a thing or two about playing CB)went for experience, and rightly so, as when it comes on top in World Cup knock-out matches that's what you need, the same for Everton in their current situation.

I don't know how you find the time to watch any United matches when you are so busy watching all of Everton and Tottenham's matches ....

First season in an ever changing struggling team is it really a surprise?

You named two guys with a few caps between them and in the case of Tomori he suffered a dip in form at exactly the wrong time, Dan Burn and Ben White were also in the mix but both ended up playing full back this season. It's an area where I do think Southgate has got to start rebuilding but I suspect with the euros only 18 months away he'll stick with Stones/Maguire/Walker/Shaw through 1 more tournament.

Don't think it was ever revealed why White left the world cup squad that may be a black mark on his name for a while, Southgate likes a settled camp. He seems reluctant to bring dickheads in who may disrupt the harmony I think thats why he went with Dier and Coady because he knows he can trust them in that group as he's had them in tournaments before.

You'd hope that players like Tomori and Guehi will start making the squad though and putting the established names under pressure.

If I'm at home in the evenings or weekends I'll normally find a game to watch maybe not the full 90 minutes but I'll watch bits of it and catch highlights of most games on match of the day every week.

Coady I think was a good defender for Wolves he sat in a 3 and organised the two either side of him and just mopped up anything they missed. This season in a back 4 he is more exposed and I think we see the limitations in his game.

They're not for sale according to Moshiri they are looking for investors to help fund the stadium works.

You named two guys with a few caps between them and in the case of Tomori he suffered a dip in form at exactly the wrong time, Dan Burn and Ben White were also in the mix but both ended up playing full back this season. It's an area where I do think Southgate has got to start rebuilding but I suspect with the euros only 18 months away he'll stick with Stones/Maguire/Walker/Shaw through 1 more tournament.

Don't think it was ever revealed why White left the world cup squad that may be a black mark on his name for a while, Southgate likes a settled camp. He seems reluctant to bring dickheads in who may disrupt the harmony I think thats why he went with Dier and Coady because he knows he can trust them in that group as he's had them in tournaments before.

You'd hope that players like Tomori and Guehi will start making the squad though and putting the established names under pressure.

If I'm at home in the evenings or weekends I'll normally find a game to watch maybe not the full 90 minutes but I'll watch bits of it and catch highlights of most games on match of the day every week.

Coady I think was a good defender for Wolves he sat in a 3 and organised the two either side of him and just mopped up anything they missed. This season in a back 4 he is more exposed and I think we see the limitations in his game.

I don't care about England, the two lads I named were ones the internet know-it-alls(England/Man Utd fans) were suggesting went to the World Cup ahead of a certain defender who was too old, too slow, can only play in a three and basically is shit, you know the one who was selected in most peoples World Cup XI's, playing in a four!

Back on topic, if Everton can get fit/keep fit these five they will be more than good enough to escape relegation:

Pickford
Patterson Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko​

I think we're generally on the same page when it comes to Maguire so not going down to drag all that stuff up.

Everton already have a pretty decent defensive record 28 conceded is less than Fulham and Spurs who are in the top half.

The new manager has got to get them scoring goals they are the second lowest scoring team in the league if they want to get out of the bottom 3 you need to start scoring goals.

Forest are currently 13th in the league I'd say them and anyone below them could go down as they've all got problems. Leeds seem to be playing well but can't win drawn 3 of their last 6.

The good news for Everton is they aren't stranded a couple of wins and they can jump a couple of places.

Although they are from Merseyside, and i've had more than my fair share of run-ins with their fans over the years I've developed a soft-spot for them as I've got older and I do hope they stay up, maybe I'm just going senile.

I dunno they always feel like a team who saves their best for Utd so I’d be happy to see the back of them.

They are the lesser of two evils when it comes to Merseyside.

There's two incidents that changed my view of Everton and their knuckle-dragging fans, firstly the first League match after the late great Georgie Best died, and the original Georgie Best song was sang by the Evertonians on and off all game, the West Ham fans did similar, in fact a few clubs fans did, then when pre-Klopp Liverpool were neck and neck with United for the Title but fell away late on the Everton fans sang "Glory, glory Man Utd" at every match till the title was won, obviously not for any love of United, but quality nevertheless.

Plus they hate Liverpool FC and everything they stand for as much as we do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dyche will definitely keep them up, they might have to wake the fans up at the end of the season to tell 'em the good news though.

There's only 6 points between Forest in 13th and Everton/So'ton in 20th, and Everton's goal difference is better than half those sides, so they're hardly cut adrift.

However, I hope they go down and take Wolves and West Ham with them. I have more dislike for Leeds, but Everton/Wolves/WHU are just more annoying. They raise their game when we play them, at the exact wrong time, before reverting to crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back