Everton Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic reporting £9m up front rising to £15m with add ons.

No buy back clause but they do have a sell on clause

No, it's bye bye Frank. And to be honest that will be good for HIM. Last couple of interviews I have seen he looks like he needs to go and get some sun on his back for a month or so.
Tough old game that footy management, when things start to go wrong and the confidence goes it usually means curtains. Its so tough to get it back.

It really has to be a taxi for Lampard. It's so tight at the bottom that one win could take them up to 14th. Having said that, they've only won 3 in the league all season, so it's hard to see where the next one is coming from.

They've got West Ham (level on points) and then Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Villa. You'd want to give the new manager a chance to bounce against poor opposition, so this might be a good time. Get something from West Ham, whatever against Arsenal, and then a derby and another team just ahead of you.

We could use them to have a good new manager bounce.

Sean Dyche could have quite a few offers come his way very soon.

I don’t think you can blame Lampard that squad was assembled by idiots over a long time, he’s come in when the money is gone and Everton should have gone down last season.

Lampard isn‘t a great manager but if he has to be the man that goes he shouldn’t be chucked on the scrap heap.

I want to say they've spent a fortune on players, but when I looked, they're only 12th in net spend over the last 5 seasons, however considering they've received (and poorly reinvested) large fees for Lukaku, Gueye, Digne and Richarlison over that time, they've had a lot of money to play with.

It's never entirely on the manager, but the board isn't going to sack itself, and having spent a lot, they've got to blame somebody for inferior results. I'm actually surprised Lampard survived the night.

Think the issue is the last batch of signings haven’t worked and as a result they’ve just dropped further and further away. They should have gone down last season but then sold their best player and replaced him with very average players.

It is all very ugly right now and it is hard to see it changing. Fans blocked roads last night stopping players cars and demanding they get out to talk to them.

Lost away to West Ham in a relegation 6 pointer. They're joint bottom, 2 points from safety, having played a game more that Wolves or Leeds and with an inferior goal difference that Leeds (2 better than Wolves). Not the first time I've said it, but if Lampard survives the night, I'll be shocked. If they stick with him, they are going down, no doubt about it.

I think he will go but I don’t see a change sorting them out.

Their squad is awful and the sort of people who will take that job aren’t going to be great.

Don't think he's made them any worse than they were when he took over a year ago but the club have to try something.

Gerrard is unemployed.

Lampard’s managerial reputation is taking a bit of a battering but to be fair Everton are just in a general mess.

For the most part they haven’t spent great over the last few years, some have worked out but there is quite a few that have been duds.

They are definitely in a relegation battle and someone like Dyche could well stabilise them.

Everton should easily have enough about them to stay up with a half competent manager. 7/8 of their players walk in to the teams around them.

Think Lampard comes out of this one ok the finger is pointing at him from the fans it's pointing at the board. Doesn't mean he's a good manager and he's going to struggle to get another PL job but that was the situation he was in 12 months ago and will be interesting to see if he keeps going with management or if he decides to give it up.

Think this will be 7 managers in 6 years at the club which is crazy, they've been through 2 or 3 sporting directors as well. The people making decisions clearly haven't got a clue. They're flip flopping from one extreme to the next.

I don't think there's anywhere near enough in that squad to stay up. Pickford is playing out of his skin this season and they're still bottom, the defence looks very ropey, there's no creativity in midfield or on the wings and no goals up front.

I like the look of Onanna who came in this summer I think he's a proper player who bigger clubs will be watching closely but the rest of that team is full of players who you'd expect to be struggling at the bottom of the league.

They remind me a lot of Villa a few years back where they'd keep just about clinging on then eventually they went. I think they need a miracle to stay up.

Think their defence will keep them up, just, Pickford is good enough, the two young fullbacks have plenty of ability, and Coady and Tarkowski are street-wise cookies that will step up to the plate when needed.

I think they stay up with ease as long as they get Dyche or another defensive minded manager who can get them organised.

Pickford

Coleman Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko

Onana Gueye Doucoure

Gordon Calvert-Lewin Gray

Should easily have enough about them to stay in this league and pick up points.

I dunno if I was any team I'd be targeting Coleman and Coady think both are old and slow and just not up to it. Coady remains the only player I've seen this season get done in a foot race by Ronaldo.

Watched Gueye a few times this season he's nowhere near the player he was when he went to PSG.

They aren't cut adrift so still plenty of time to turn it around but the new manager will need to get their fans back onside as last season it was that home crowd that turned Goodison into a fortress in the run in. Think they beat Chelsea, Utd and Newcastle in their run in to stay up.

Just don't see where the goals come from in that team.

thats the problem, they need to replace Richarlison.

Everton have been a strange club for years. They probably will go down, and deserve to.

The goals will have to come from that front 3. Whoever comes in needs to get Gordon and DCL firing.

Yep they've not replaced him and they didn't replace Sigurdsson who chipped in with goals and assists before he was suspended.

I think you'll do well to get 10 goals out of that front 3 in the remaining 18 games. Grey bangs in a worldie every 10 games, DCL is in and out the side with injury, Gordon I think is having that tough second season, McNeil gets 1 goal a season, Maupey gets about 5 a season, Townsend (is he still there) gets you 2-3.

They're going to need to grind out a lot of 1-0 wins.

I dunno if I was any team I'd be targeting Coleman and Coady think both are old and slow and just not up to it. Coady remains the only player I've seen this season get done in a foot race by Ronaldo.

Watched Gueye a few times this season he's nowhere near the player he was when he went to PSG.

They aren't cut adrift so still plenty of time to turn it around but the new manager will need to get their fans back onside as last season it was that home crowd that turned Goodison into a fortress in the run in. Think they beat Chelsea, Utd and Newcastle in their run in to stay up.

Rubbish, Coady isn't even 30 yet, and was in the recent World Cup squad, and as for taking the piss out of one of the greatest players ever to play the game to make your point, well done.

Rubbish, Coady isn't even 30 yet, and was in the recent World Cup squad, and as for taking the piss out of one of the greatest players ever to play the game to make your point, well done.

Wasn‘t taking the piss out of Ronaldo just stating a fact this season he was losing foot races to pub league players from Cyprus in the Europa league, he was a million miles from his best. I will happily be proven wrong but I watched most of the games this season and that goal at everton was the only time he won a sprint all season as his speed was totally gone, age caught up to him.

Coady going to the World Cup sums up the lack of options England had they took Dier as well who’s having a stinking season at Spurs. Coady was trusted to go along and be a top pro and keep standards high because that is what I think he brings to the table.

Doesn‘t change the fact when I’ve watched Everton play this season he’s looked very vulnerable.

Not really a surprise, he’s not going to win these fans back around if he can get out breaking even on his investment consider it a win.

Cant see many buyers coming in with the risk of relegation.

Wasn‘t taking the piss out of Ronaldo just stating a fact this season he was losing foot races to pub league players from Cyprus in the Europa league, he was a million miles from his best. I will happily be proven wrong but I watched most of the games this season and that goal at everton was the only time he won a sprint all season as his speed was totally gone, age caught up to him.

Coady going to the World Cup sums up the lack of options England had they took Dier as well who’s having a stinking season at Spurs. Coady was trusted to go along and be a top pro and keep standards high because that is what I think he brings to the table.

Doesn‘t change the fact when I’ve watched Everton play this season he’s looked very vulnerable.

Just how it read, and as chief spokesperson of the CR7 appreciation society I would never have heard the end of it if I hadn't commented.

Lack of options!? Players like Guehi, Tomori and one or two other young bucks are kicking the door down to get in the squad, it's just the Manager(who knows a thing or two about playing CB)went for experience, and rightly so, as when it comes on top in World Cup knock-out matches that's what you need, the same for Everton in their current situation.

I don't know how you find the time to watch any United matches when you are so busy watching all of Everton and Tottenham's matches ....

First season in an ever changing struggling team is it really a surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back