Everton Discussion 2021/22

Potter would be wise to dodge that mess.

I’d like to see Rooney stick it out at Derby but I‘m not sure he could turn them down.

Ferguson to the end of the season makes some sense I think.

They need to get a new DoF in but seems like the owners likes to be a bit to involved in transfers

I think it’s a bit too soon for Rooney and it’s not like he would be going there with the team in a half decent state - they are in free fall.

Would like to see him carry on at Derby and achieve something remarkable by keeping them off. However like jsp said, if Everton did approach him then he isn’t going to turn them down I wouldn’t of thought.

I don't think it's that big of a problem Everton aren't going to go down but they need a couple of reinforcements in January. They are only 6 points above the drop zone but with games in hand and they've got their 2 man attacking players fit again.

They've got a good keeper, decent defence, decent midfield but they need some creative players and obviously for the second half of the season they need to keep Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison fit.

Selling Digne is a huge mistake with Rafa gone as he's such a good outlet for them his crossing is excellant and he's a threat on set pieces and they've sold to a direct rival as well. Both Everton's strikers are great in the air so selling the best crosser of the ball in the club is a crazy decision.

It was a strange one as this season with Rafa seemed to be the first summer where they just weren't willing or maybe able to spend they barely spent a penny and they lost creative players like James, Bernard and Sigurdson. I mean the signings were a couple of free transfers in Townsend and Rondon and Gray who cost almost nothing.

It's poor management from the very top the Rafa-lution was always destined to fail as the fans were never going to go for him and he's known for wanting full control which is not the model Everton had. He's now cleared out all these people and been sacked because results and performances are terrible.

I mean he's cemented his position as an Anfield legends a European Cup and destroyed Everton from within.

Roberto Matinez seems to be out of the race Belguim won't release him from his contract and won't consider letting him combine the roles, also he wasn't popular by the time he left last time around.

Potter has said he's happy at Brighton

Other names on the list seem to be Rooney and Lampard.

Could be a good way back in for Lampard but it sounds like Everton have some serious FFP issues which means they have to sell before they can buy so whoever comes in won't be seeing the big open cheque book that previous managers got.

Feels to me like they need an interim type manager to just tick them over until the end of the season give them a bit of time to think through the options.

Lampard now the favourite to takeover doesn't seem like he's a popular choice amongst the fans either.

Maybe Ole should give them a call.

Looks like it’s confirmed with Lampard now.

He’s walking into a very volatile situation will be a big test of his credentials as a manager going forward feels like he needs a good start.

Rooney turned down an interview to focus on keeping Derby in the championship.

When you see stuff like the Alli deal you can understand why United ask for what they do for players. Sure they make mistakes but that Alli deal is crazy.

It's a very strange deal no money paid up front then £10m after 20 appearances then a load more performance related bonuses that could total up to £40m. Utd last summer I think could have got close to that for Lingard but he didn't want to go.

I think it's a make or break move for him as his career has just gone down the pan in the last 3 years.

This is a fresh start but if this doesn't work out it's all downhill for him.

Not been a great start for Super Frank over at Everton they really are in the relegation fight now.

They're also potentially facing some financial problems as Usmanov who's company USM sponsors Everton is one of the people sanctioned by the EU over the Ukraine invasion. The club isn't directly owned by Usmanov but the man who does own it Moshiri is the chairman of Usmanov's company USM so how much of his capital is now frozen.

Bad defeat in the cup at the weekend and Lampard didn't hold back in the press conference after the game.

Not really sure that shouting at them is going to solve their problems it's just a badly built team and that win vs Newcastle might have given them a bit of breathing space in the league but they're still in big trouble if any of those sides below them find a few wins.

I mean Everton might be the one club in this league that's a bigger shambles than us.

Bombed an absolute fortune on that squad and there's really nothing to show for it.

Even this January why did they sign Van De Beek and Dele? Two players for one position.

They'd better hope some of those big contract players have got relegation clauses if they go down I think they struggle to come back quickly.

That’s a bit mean

Didn't realise you were around MIG!

Hope you're doing well.

It's only because my two closest friends are Everton fans and I'm finding it hilarious! Need to have something football wise to cheer me up after watching United this season!

Haha no worries I get it.
I know your guys expectations are higher than ours but you don’t know what I’d give for us to be failing to get in the top four compared to the absolute shit show we have become.
yeah I’m ok thanks hope you are too. (Bar United!)

I just saw stat, haven't proof checked it, Gerrard and Lampard have the same win percentage at Villa and Everton. Doesn't sound right, but if it is, then Gerrard may be a getting off lightly from the press.

I just saw stat, haven't proof checked it, Gerrard and Lampard have the same win percentage at Villa and Everton. Doesn't sound right, but if it is, then Gerrard may be a getting off lightly from the press.

It's true but Gerrard's has around double the number of games as Lampard it is a pretty pointless comparison if both teams lost this weekend Lampard's win rate will drop a lot quicker than Gerrard's would so it's a pretty useless statistic.

Gerrard has taken over a team near the relegation zone and got them well clear of it so that's mission accomplished but recent form has been poor lost the last 4 in the league feels like they've just switched off and are basically on the beach now.

Everton look as lost under Lampard as they did under Rafa they are a really poor side and can have no complaints if they go down but it looks like they'll be lucky in that there's 3 teams worse than them this season.

I think we'll see what both men are really made of next season when they've had a summer to work with the squad.

Lampard has played a lot less games though?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back