Europe League 2022/23: Sheriff vs Man Utd ~ Thu 15th Sep 17.45 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
With the postponement of the Leeds game I guess Utd will look to go full strength for this one rather than play a similar side to the one we saw vs Sociedad.

Having lost the opener we need to get the 3 points in this one as winning the group is vital in the new format we don’t want to go into an extra round of matches.

Definitely should go full strength. No doubt ETH would have gone full strength against Sociedad if he knew for sure the Palace game was going to be off.

Yup. No more mucking about. We had our shot against Sociedad and it didn't go well, so now it's time to get qualified.

No Rashford or Martial in the travelling squad, so looks like Ronaldo again upfront.

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Heaton, Vitek.

Defenders: Lindelof, Maguire, Martinez, Malacia, Varane, Dalot, Shaw.

Midfielders: Fernandes, Eriksen, Fred, Casemiro, McTominay, Iqbal.

Forwards: Ronaldo, Antony, Sancho, Elanga, Garnacho, McNeill.

Dubravka hasn't travelled neither has AWB.

This game is just one of those it doesn't really matter how Utd just need the 3 points.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gone with his current first choice line up which makes sense with the postponements thought we might see Casemiro in for another start.

3 points is a must tonight after losing that game at home we need the win tonight

Nice reverse pass from Eriksen and good finish from Sancho.

Great team goal finally added a bit of speed to a passing move and Sancho took the chance well.

Those types of passing moves are where Sancho thrives. Give him triangles and people to play off and he's outstanding.

EDIT: I'm getting sick of watching Ronaldo throw himself to the ground after mis-controlling a ball, or getting caught up by the defender.

Those types of passing moves are where Sancho thrives. Give him triangles and people to play off and he's outstanding.

EDIT: I'm getting sick of watching Ronaldo throw himself to the ground after mis-controlling a ball, or getting caught up by the defender.

Think it’s all he’s got as he can’t get away from people.

Also, up until 18 months ago that’s a penalty refs just aren’t giving those anymore to me if you put yourself between the defender and the ball they shouldn’t be allowed to bundle you over from behind.

Pretty good first half performance. Sancho is very good in the box at keeping calm and finishing - if we give him the chances he will score a lot of goals for us.

Think it’s all he’s got as he can’t get away from people.

Also, up until 18 months ago that’s a penalty refs just aren’t giving those anymore to me if you put yourself between the defender and the ball they shouldn’t be allowed to bundle you over from behind.
That's 100% all he's got at this stage. It's understandable that his pace has gone, but it seems his first touch has gone along for the ride.

I actually thought he had a legit shout for that one. Clumsy defender barges him over from behind, and we've all seen those given. The problem is that his reputation precedes him and refs know he's looking for it.

That's 100% all he's got at this stage. It's understandable that his pace has gone, but it seems his first touch has gone along for the ride.

I actually thought he had a legit shout for that one. Clumsy defender barges him over from behind, and we've all seen those given. The problem is that his reputation precedes him and refs know he's looking for it.

I don’t think his play around the box was ever amazing but he was lethal at creating the space you need to get shots away now he can’t do that. He basically needs it served to him on a plate to get a shot away even defenders at Europe league level can handle him quite easily now which is tough to watch.

Think refs were told before the euros last summer that they want a more physical game contact isn’t a foul anymore which means ref never give those anymore and VAR is never going to chip in.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back