Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
v
130px-FC_Zorya_Luhansk.png

Thursday, 29th September 2016
Europa League Group A
Old Trafford
20:05 BST

Expect something like... De Gea; Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw; Carrick, Fellaini; Young, Mkhitaryan, Memphis; Rooney.

Don't know what to expect from this side, never even heard of them before the draw.

Nope I've never heard of them and that can be dangerous.

I guess they'll come, be well organised and try to nick a point? So I really hope Jose is positive and doesn't go with Fellaini in the midfield! We need more than that to break teams down.

I don't think we're too bothered about this tournament. I think it's a good tournament to give others a chance to impress and remind those who are starting the league games that they have to keep playing well, the first game didn't go well in that case. Gives Mourinho the chance to see who's good enough and who's not. We didn't sell many players in the summer, Mourinho's given most players a chance, it seems he's started making his mind up on a few.

Team news update ahead of Zorya match - Official Manchester United Website

Speaking to reporters at the pre-match press conference, the manager confirmed Luke Shaw did not train with his team-mates on Wednesday because the left-back was sent home to aid his recovery from illness.

"He’s ill," Mourinho told reporters, before expanding on Shaw's current state of fitness. "He has a temperature, a fever, a bad throat and he arrived this morning and immediately the doctor sent him home because one player like this in the middle of the other ones can affect others so he went home."

Asked whether Henrikh Mkhitaryan will make his first appearance since the Manchester derby on 10 September, Mourinho confirmed the summer signing will not feature against the Ukrainian visitors. However, the boss went on to reveal Anthony Martial is available for selection again after his recent injury.

"He has now recovered from the contusion in his calf and in his ankle," the boss said. "He has recovered and is ready for tomorrow."

Later in the press conference at the Aon Training Complex, Mourinho informed reporters that Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will definitely start on Thursday night in what will be a much stronger team than the one that started the 1-0 defeat to Feyenoord in Rotterdam earlier this month.

It remains to be seen whether Wayne Rooney will be named among the starters or substitutes against Zorya, after the captain sat out Tuesday's training session with a slight injury.

"Wayne Rooney is selected," Mourinho said. "I haven't decided yet if I start with him. He didn’t train yesterday, he did just a little bit of the session on Monday. He had a back problem so today [Wednesday] was the first time that he had a training session with the other players and today is the training session where the intensity and the complexity is obviously reduced because we have a game tomorrow.

"So I was completely convinced of playing him tomorrow from the beginning, but with this situation in the last couple of days I am not sure I’ll do that. Because with the situation that you create for him I think he really can’t afford to have a performance that is not really good.

"I am here to protect him and not to put him in difficult situations. I have to analyse if the best thing for him is to start the game and if he is not totally ready for it. So I am going to discuss that with him and the medical staff and decide if he starts or if he is on the bench."

I think it'll be a good line up, if I was to hazard a guess:

De Gea, TFM, Smalling, Bailly, Rojo, Schneiderlein, Herrera, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Ibra.

This should have been the game to rest the big guns but I guess now he has to play a few. No idea of the opponents so not gonna make a bold prediction but if we want to get back to our former status, this is the sort of game we should be crushing our opponents into the dirt!

Team v Zorya Luhansk: Romero; Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo; Fellaini, Pogba; Lingard, Mata, Rashford; Ibrahimovic.
Subs: Johnstone, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Young, Martial, Memphis, Rooney.

Pogba is going to look like the player he did before that great performance vs Leicester tonight!

I'm sorry to say but Fellaini is neat and tidy but not the player to play alongside him and to be honest I'm disappointed with that! He just is far too slow and far too oblivious.

Overall I'm a bit dissapointed with the line up too because it's really not that exciting other than Rashford and Pogba... And are we not in danger of burning Ibra out?

Awful performance so far... In the long term maybe good though? Because it's proof that Fellaini is nowhere near a good enough football player (consider my meaning there before jumping in guys) to play for us. Rojo too!

And it looks like Rooney might be coming on? So the unfit useless slow guy to bring even less speed to the team? Fantastic.

Which brings me to my question... Are there any true out and out quick guys in the youth teams? Because my God this team needs it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back