Europa League 2022/23 Round of 16 Second Leg: Real Betis vs Man Utd ~ Thu 16th Mar 17.45 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Don't get caught out by the early kick off.

Utd take their 4-1 lead into the second leg with a foot firmly in the quarter finals but I suspect ETH will want to guard against complacency.

Injury wise we probably have to assume Garnacho is out along with Eriksen, Sabitzer and Martial.

DDG

Dalot Maguire Martinez Malacia

McTominay Casemiro Fred

Pellistri Weghorst Sancho

Maybe look at something like this I think McT needs some minutes before the weekend as he's not had much football and I do think we need to give Bruno and Rashford a rest.

Casemiro will need to be careful he's 1 yellow away from a ban which would see him miss the first leg on the next round should we go through.

Surely we should leave him out?

Hard to do with 3 other centre mid options injured.

Does the booking count reset after the round of 16? I thought they only got wiped out at the semi finals.

I dont have a clue when the booking count resets to be honest. But given our advantage I do know we have options which would allow us to leave Casemiro out.

As far as I can tell it reset after the group stage.

He was booked in both games Vs Barcelona which means 1 more is a ban, Another joy of the extra round of games.

I was surprised he didn’t get a booking Vs Betis in the last 10 minutes to try and clear the count.

he isn’t going to feature in league games for a month so I think he has to play.

Yeah Anthony is ill so didn't travel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not really a surprise anymore it seems like ETH picks a pretty strong team for every game.

I guess the last thing he wants is Betis getting a few goals and making things twitchy as this competition to me is the main cup to focus on.

Big chance for Pellistri to impress.

If I was Sancho I'd be getting very worried he's clearly dropped out of favour with the boss after his spell on the sidelines. He needs to start making an impression in games.

I did think this was a game where he might rest Bruno.

The refs in Europa really are awful.

We are giving them a few to many chances to break on us for my liking.

Fantastic hit from Rashford just after a bobble made him look a right tit.

That’s me just tuning in to watch the game and it’s feckin finished
Caught out by the early kick off, jsp did warn you!

Overall comfortable night, Betis were always going to come out and give it a go early up and they should have scored. But once we weathered the storm it was an easy night.

Caught out by the early kick off, jsp did warn you!

Overall comfortable night, Betis were always going to come out and give it a go early up and they should have scored. But once we weathered the storm it was an easy night.

He never listens to me :p

Anyone else think that was shades of Rooney v Newcastle? Like he was so ticked with the bobble that he just said F this, and just hammered it.

Maybe but I think he just managed to find a bit of space and a player like Rashford doesn't waste opportunities to get his shot away.

Rooney's goal was much better. Apart from his goal last night I thought Rashford was having an indifferent game, where most things he was trying were not coming off, be it his control, passing or touch. Still having a brilliant season though - keeping @Sideshow Bob busy on another thread. It was a good open game yesterday and not the bore fest we could have had.

Quarter final draw:

Man Utd v Sevilla
Juventus v Sporting Lisbon
Bayer Leverkusen v Union Saint-Gilloise
Feyenoord v Roma

Semi final draw:

Feyenoord/Roma v Bayer Leverkusen/Union Saint-Gilloise
Juventus/Sporting Lisbon v Man Utd/Sevilla

Probably the toughest draw we could have had, but bring it on!

Yep definitely the toughest route to the final but bring it on!

A United vs Mourinho’s Roma final would be tasty.

Sevilla are well off the pace this season, they're 13th in La Liga so it's not a terrible draw.

Our away fans must be borderline fluent in Spanish this will be the 4th trip this season, 5th for those who went on the mid season tour.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back