Europa League 2022/23: Omonia Nicosia vs Man Utd ~ Thu 6th Oct 17:45 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Off to Cyprus for the reds after the disappointment of the derby

Nicosia are managed by Neil Lennon but have lost their opening 2 games, Utd will be targeting 6 points from the double header to try and get some control back in the group.

In terms of team news we await updates but fairly safe to assume Varane joins the current injury list.

Dubravka, AWB, Maguire and VDB all missed the derby through injury I don’t think any are expected to be back for this one.

DDG

Dalot Lindelof Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Fred

Anthony Eriksen Sancho

Ronaldo

I’d start Ronaldo give him an hour then give Martial the last 30 minutes as he returns to fitness.

ETH is going to have to use the squad as the games come thick and fast now.

U21’s had a game tonight in the papa johns trophy beat league two side Barrow 2-1

Doubt we will see many of the kids make the trip to Cyprus.

Varane Maguire AWB and DVDB don't travel due to injury.

Travelling Squad:

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Heaton, Dubravka.

Defenders: Lindelof, Martinez, Malacia, Dalot, Shaw.

Midfielders: Fernandes, Eriksen, Fred, Casemiro, McTominay, Iqbal.

Forwards: Ronaldo, Martial, Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Pellistri, Elanga, Garnacho.

Defence picks itself then with the exception of the LB. Woefully thin.

Can’t see anywhere what is actually up with AWB.

There isn’t an injury mentioned that I can find and he hasn’t been on the bench recently.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3 changes:

De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro, Eriksen, Fernandes, Antony, Sancho, Ronaldo.

Surprised Shaw didn't get a start tonight maybe saving him for Everton at the weekend.

Be good for Martial to get another 30 minutes on the pitch as well.

Hopefully the starters can get us in a strong position give some of the young boys a chance to come on and close out the game.

What a stupid goal to concede.

Malacia has to know better than that you cannot take risks there

I thought this would be a nice stroll in the early evening park - how wrong I was!

What was Malacia doing! I think Shaw needs a run now - some mistakes are creeping into his game and right now I would feel more comfortable Shaw being back there.

We lack some serious pace and energy. Antony looks like the only player that will make something happen. Need Martial and Rashford’s pace on asap.

Utd have no right to be arrogant about these games we regularly balls them up even in Europe.

Plenty of time to turn it around but the effort and aggression from some of our players is seriously lacking.

Eriksen has been very poor he’s the one who should be taking control of this game.

Forward play in the second half has been decent. Some lovely stuff.

Defensively we are so soft.

Job done in the end. Rashford and Martial have to start week in week out from now on. We need their pace because without them we look slow and ordinary.

Defensively we are soft but we could have had 6 or 7 tonight if Ronaldo had his shooting boots.

The one good thing about having these midweek games is at least it gave the players a chance to get Sunday out of their system before we play again.

Any idea why the Everton game is a 7pm kick off on a Sunday? Never seen that before.

The one good thing about having these midweek games is at least it gave the players a chance to get Sunday out of their system before we play again.

Any idea why the Everton game is a 7pm kick off on a Sunday? Never seen that before.

TV companies.

BT selected it but Utd can't play on a Saturday due to Europa league, Sky have the Arsenal game so same problem for them and they get priority over the Sunday matches and they want a double header.

I'm guessing they got special permission because it's a fairly local derby so travelling fans will still be able to get home at a reasonable time.

They did a few late Sunday games during the lockdown when the games were all spread out so they could be on TV.

As for the game I saw it up to 1-1 the defending on the first goal was shocking but looks like the subs at half time had the desired impact.

Got the points but made hard work of it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back