Europa League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Sheriff - Thu 27th Oct 8pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Another must win and given the way the group is a game where Utd could do with rattling a few goals in. Drop points here and we are likely resigned to second place in the group as Sociedad don’t look like they’ll drop points to Nicosia.

Varane is now on the injured list with VDB but in recent weeks Martial, Maguire and AWB have returned to training so we don’t know if any of them will be available for selection.

Apparently ETH will be meeting with Ronaldo today to discuss his behaviour and I’d assume he’s hoping he can draw a line under it and move forward.

DDG

Dalot Lindelof Martinez Shaw

Casemiro McTominay

Anthony Eriksen Sancho

Ronaldo

I think it’ll be something like that depending on how bad things are with Ronaldo. I think we might see Bruno and Rashford rested but on the bench with plenty of young players.

I read a report saying Ronaldo will be out until he apologises to ETH and the team.

We offered him all around Europe in the summer, nobody wanted him. And his recent performance will not help. We are willing to let him go for free, and even pay him off. But nobody wants him. The pr!ck needs to realise where he is at in his career.

as for this fixture.

I think same team. No need to change anything yet. Apart from Varane for Lindelof of course. Can't see Ronaldo walking straight back in.

Ronaldo is back with the first team as of today. So I assume he's apologised yesterday then.

I'd have Ronaldo starting. Playing these sort of games will be a check on his ego he'll see it as even more punishment he just wants to play in the league in the big games. Not Europa League games Vs Sheriff.

This will be our 8th game in 25 days so I think he will want to rotate a bit where he can.

I expect Ronaldo will start gets the backlash from fans out the way before the West Ham game at the weekend and ETH will want to see how he reacts.

If the group have forgiven him and he’s fully committed no point dwelling on what happened he’s had his punishment and move on. If there’s still a bit of tension I don’t think he will start him.

I suspect if Utd can find a new striker in January they’ll let Ronaldo leave if someone comes in for him as he is a distraction the manager just doesn’t need.

I suspect if Utd can find a new striker in January they’ll let Ronaldo leave if someone comes in for him as he is a distraction the manager just doesn’t need.

It sounds like we, along with his agent, tried hard to sell him over the summer. But nobody wants him.

The rumour is now we'll even pay off some of his salary.

I must say, I'd be surprised if he played from the start, But your point about needing to bed him in makes sense.

It sounds like we, along with his agent, tried hard to sell him over the summer. But nobody wants him.

The rumour is now we'll even pay off some of his salary.

I must say, I'd be surprised if he played from the start, But your point about needing to bed him in makes sense.

Yeah Roy Keane weirdly said he had it from good authority that there were offers for Ronaldo in the summer but Utd wouldn’t let him go. wouldn’t have Keane down as someone who would have that close a relationship with those around Ronaldo.

I don’t see Utd paying him to leave that sounded like something from his side. They would let him leave for no transfer fee but Ronaldo needs to accept the wage cut that comes with the move.

Utd should be scouting a cheap forward that can come in on loan or for a low fee in January as a replacement. Need to find themselves an Ighalo 2.0

The report I read said, in the summer we wanted a fee. Which is why nobody came in. It went on to say now we are willing to let him go for free. And they are willing to pay off some of his contract, but not all of it to facilitate the process

I read we turned down a bid of £12m from Chelsea in the summer as we weren't willing to let him leave to an English team.

Wrong thread really, don't think that happened, Tuchel didn't want him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

missed most of the first half Important we got that goal has allowed us to make some changes at half time.

Interesting that Rashford has gone as the number 10 and Bruno out to the right wing.

3-0 Ronaldo. He deserved a goal.

Garnacho had a great debut looks a very confident lad even got a bit of showboating in.

Great for Maguire and vd Beek to get some gametime. Think Donny will surprise a few in the second-half of the season.

And nice to see the guy who apparently should be pensioned off getting yet another goal.

Never thought I'd see that, but no Englishmen in a Manchester United starting XI, sign of the times?

Great for Maguire and vd Beek to get some gametime. Think Donny will surprise a few in the second-half of the season.

And nice to see the guy who apparently should be pensioned off getting yet another goal.

The most surprising thing for me would be him still being here in the second half of the season, I reckon he’ll be off in January if the club can find a buyer.

As for your other point not sure if last night was the first time we’ve started a game without an English player but worth noting 3 came off the bench and 2 are in the managers current starting XI.

The most surprising thing for me would be him still being here in the second half of the season, I reckon he’ll be off in January if the club can find a buyer.

As for your other point not sure if last night was the first time we’ve started a game without an English player but worth noting 3 came off the bench and 2 are in the managers current starting XI.

Nah he'll see the season out at United, but got a funny feeling he'll end up in Turkey, and tear the League up ....

You could probably count on the fingers of one hand how many times it has happened before, if it has, but it's such a non United thing, Liverpool did it regularly in the 80's, and i'd imagine Arsenal under Wegner did ....

Nah he'll see the season out at United, but got a funny feeling he'll end up in Turkey, and tear the League up ....

You could probably count on the fingers of one hand how many times it has happened before, if it has, but it's such a non United thing, Liverpool did it regularly in the 80's, and i'd imagine Arsenal under Wegner did ....

Turkey seems like the place for him but I don't think he will. The legs have gone maybe a summer off with a proper pre season he might be able to get himself going but right now he looks to me like he's past the point of no return.

He obviously still looks great but the burst of speed has totally gone and very average defenders are able to cope with him now.

It's actually quite sad to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time it's happened to be honest but equally we've gone something like 85 years of having an academy graduate in every match day squad. That record is insane.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back