Euro 2016: Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

200px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo.svg.png

Provisional 29-man squad
Goalkeepers:
Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness)

Defenders: Ben Davies (Tottenham), Neil Taylor (Swansea), Chris Gunter (Reading), Ashley Williams (Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ashley Richards (Fulham), Paul Dummett (Newcastle), Adam Henley (Blackburn), Adam Matthews (Sunderland), James Collins (West Ham)

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Cotterill (Birmingham), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), George Williams (Fulham), Andy King (Leicester), Emyr Huws (Wigan), Dave Edwards (Wolves)

Forwards: Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Sam Vokes (Burnley), Tom Bradshaw (Walsall), Tom Lawrence (Leicester), Simon Church (Nottingham Forest), Wes Burns (Walsall), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)

Group B Fixtures
11th June v Slovakia, 17:00 BST
16th June v England, 14:00 BST
20th June v Russia, 20:00 BST

Former Red Tom Lawrence misses out with torn ankle ligament.

"Absolutely gutted not to be involved in the euros due to a torn ligament in my ankle it's a hard one to take but I'll be back stronger. I'll be supporting the lads hopefully from France and if not then watching no doubt, all of them will do Wales proud no doubt"

I got Wales in the office sweepstake. In Gareth Bale we trust.

Wales 2-1 Slovakia - 11th June 2016

Bale

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Robson-Kanu

Group B: England 2-1 Wales - 16th June 2016

Bale

So it's pretty simple now... Wales must be a very disappointing Russian team now and if they do they are through. Had you offered them that a week ago they'd have bitten your hand off.

A draw may even get them through as one of the four 4th place finishes that get through. But I think they can beat Russia who have been dreadful so far, how they managed to sneak a draw against us, I'll never know!

A draw may even get them through as one of the four 4th place finishes that get through. But I think they can beat Russia who have been dreadful so far, how they managed to sneak a draw against us, I'll never know!

Sadly we didn't take our chances and as a result left ourselves open to that soccer punch. I could see it happening as the game progressed. I could see if we didn't get a second we'd naturally drop off and they'd get an opportunity. Unfortunately they worked an opening and Hart messed up.

We've got history with Russia, in 2003 they beat us in the Euro play-offs and a teary eyed 12 year old went to bed soon after that game. After that game we found out that one of their players had tested positive for some performance enhancing drug and we were obviously furious then. 13 years on we've a chance for revenge.

A dream scenario for Wales! What a result tonight and to top the group with two wins is fantastic.

Out of interest... Who could they now face in the next round?

Yeah fantastic result for Wales but Russia really are awful, how did they get to the finals?!

I think Wales can play a range of teams, even possibly Northern Ireland if they finish 3rd and everything goes with calculations. It's tricky how they divvy it all up. However I think also if Croatia finish 3rd which is highly possible, as they have Spain and the Czechs beat Turkey by a couple of goals, then Wales could draw Croatia, which would be a tough draw. So basically the answer is, who knows who they'll play! o_O

Bottom line it could be a nice tie but if all goes wrong it could be a nightmare haha. I've lost track of who can draw who and who can still go through and what they need to go through. I'll just see the final knock out line up when the final group game has been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back