Euro 2016: Player of the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

IrishManc's post from the France thread:
Have only made one bet ahead of the Euro's and that's Martial to be player of the tournament. 25/1 very good odds I think.

Who do we think will be player of the tournament?

My Martial bet hasn't made a great start - he isn't even starting here!

I know it's only the first match and I know there's a lot of other quality players to still play... But my bet would be Payet! The international stage is set up for a player like him! Someone who gets on the ball, finds space and looks like he has all the time in the world. Someone who gets on the ball and makes things happen. I think he'll be a star in this tournament.

It's advantage Payet so far. Pogba had some good moments and Kroos controlled things well for Germany tonight. He's their key man so should they have a good tournament he'll be there or thereabouts for POTT.

It's advantage Payet so far. Pogba had some good moments and Kroos controlled things well for Germany tonight. He's their key man so should they have a good tournament he'll be there or thereabouts for POTT.

Would go along with that, Kroos and Payet have been the standouts so far. I do think that someone like Modric could be a decent outside bet, I really do think Croatia are the dark horses and could go really far in the tournament. Plus Modric' goal yesterday was a thing of class. He is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Yeah I'd agree with that actually Modric could play a huge role and in a team like Croatia they could go far and if they do he'll be a huge part of that! Payet looked superb the other day and Kroos bossed things yesterday. I really hope Real do want to sell him and we go after him. He'd be perfect in our midfield!!! Fingers crossed it happens.

Who do we think will be the player of tournament after the group stage?

Hmm... Payet has looked so good but with France they have so many top attacking players any of them could come to life. I can see Bale in with a shout. Leading Wales I think to at least the quarters with some vital goals!

What's the latest on Modrics injury?

Can't argue with that, I don't think there was any standout players apart from Griezmann. Payet started well but faded, I thought Kroos was very good in patches. Then a few Welsh players did good. Overall though Griezmann deserved it, quite a tournament for him.

Renato Sanches got young player of the tournament also, I actually think the German right back Kimmich was probably more deserving as I thought he was dynamite. But I suppose Portugal won it so that may have swung it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back