Erling Haaland

It is good so I don’t think he will need to long to adapt but you assume they’ll be changing the way they play slightly to play with a proper number 9 rather than a false 9.

A striker that wil look to play off the shoulder rather than drop into midfield and give them that penalty box predatorthat they maybe have missed at time.

If he stays fit it’s hard to see how he fails but he will need to buy into the team ethic and not want to be a superstar that plays for himself.

Anyway he was against The human rights abuse in Qatar so well done Erling for keeping your morals and taking that sweet sweet cash.
There are no morals when it comes to money. Selling his soul to the devil.

There are no morals when it comes to money. Selling his soul to the devil.

True but don't talk the talk unless you're willing to walk the walk and a journalist should really question him over it but they won't as they'll be terrified of losing their access to players at the club.

Quite a few people aren't willing to answer the difficult questions about where the money that's going into their pocket actually comes from in sport.

The talk seems to be that Jesus is going to leave this summer as I think that lad from Argentina also comes in the summer. Seen quite a few linking Jesus with Arsenal which seems like a good move for everyone involved as Arsenal need a striker and Jesus will want more playing time. There's also that Arteta link from the time at City.

Sterling only has 1 year left on his contract they're reluctant to hive him a massive pay rise so they may look to sell if they can't come to an agreement. It's the same for Mahrez his deal is also up next summer so they need to make a decision on him this summer as well.

I don't see Grealish going anywhere there's always a settling in period at City where players have to adapt to the way the team plays so you would imagine they'll hope that he has more of an influence next season.

Fernandino has said he's leaving and Gundogan is also expected to leave so could be a busy summer for City maybe a bit of an end of an era for this squad.
Bernardo Silva also want to go. This is bad for us, because City will be very active this summer and may target De Jong like us.

Could also say if City are having a rebuilding summer there's a chance to make up some ground because they rarely sign players that slot straight in. Most of their lads take a year to find their feet.

Utd will have to be prepared to take second best in some situations Liverpool took second best a few times when going up against us for players and it worked out well for them so if you've done your homework well enough your second choice should still be a top player.

All done release fee activated only 60m euros which is treble what Dortmund paid for him 2.5 years ago but way less than he would have been worth on the market. They've done well out of the deal had 2.5 years out of a top striker and likely made back every penny they ever spent on the transfer. So far he's scored 85 goals in 88 games for them.

Signed a 5 year deal with City wages reported to be on par with De Bruyne up around the £400k a week mark but who knows what other payments will have been made in terms of signing bonuses, commission to his agents firm and also his father who represents him.

In all the talk online i've noticed another youngster City have signed i'd not heard much about.

Julian Alvarez. 22. He's got 26 goals and 7 assist in 27 starts for River Plate this season.

In all the talk online i've noticed another youngster City have signed i'd not heard much about.

Julian Alvarez. 22. He's got 26 goals and 7 assist in 27 starts for River Plate this season.
Alvarez was on the list of Ralf in juanuary, like Diaz and Vlahovic but got denied. He apparently looked for Haidara and Laimer too for the midfield but also got denied.

Alvarez was being linked quite a bit in January City got the deal done and allowed him to stay and finish the season in Argentina.

Utd by all accounts just weren't open for business in January so maybe they missed out on that opportunity.

They certainly missed out on Haaland based on what the Dortmund CEO said last week if Utd had agreed to the release clause we'd have got him back in 2019-20 but Utd wouldn't accept which I think is fair enough.

You wonder if his team will have negotiated a similar clause this time around that might allow him to move on in 3 years time.

Alvarez was being linked quite a bit in January City got the deal done and allowed him to stay and finish the season in Argentina.

Utd by all accounts just weren't open for business in January so maybe they missed out on that opportunity.

They certainly missed out on Haaland based on what the Dortmund CEO said last week if Utd had agreed to the release clause we'd have got him back in 2019-20 but Utd wouldn't accept which I think is fair enough.

You wonder if his team will have negotiated a similar clause this time around that might allow him to move on in 3 years time.
I'm sure he has no clause in his City contract or a big one, something like 300m€. Anyway, that is bad news for us. City is getting stronger.

To be honest, city are so good this is only a negligible signing in terms of % improvement. It's not like they drop many points. Just improves their GD

I'm sure he has no clause in his City contract or a big one, something like 300m€. Anyway, that is bad news for us. City is getting stronger.

Who knows they’ve paid 50m if the clause is for 150m in 3 seasons it almost guarantees him for 3 years with a big return at the end.

Reports are his agents/family also get around 50m in fees as part of the deal everyone gets rich.

I would be surprised if City allowed a clause to go into the contract but my guess is he will be here 3 seasons then he will want to go and play for Madrid by all accounts that is his dream.

Whatever way people want to look at this, on paper it is bad news for the PL. Haaland could legitimately help City dominate for years and years.

Whatever way people want to look at this, on paper it is bad news for the PL. Haaland could legitimately help City dominate for years and years.
thats a bit doomsday. As I said above, he doesn't actually improve them that much, they are dominant already. And for united, we are about 4 years from worrying about city anyway, about the time he'll leave

They're already dominating win it this season it's 4 titles in 5 years so there's no real change is there.

He is the final piece, to win the CL and be overkill in the Prem

He's a replacement for Aguero who used to score loads of goals for them.

City have got other issues to sort out they've lost their squad depth with a few departures if they sort all that out who knows what happens.

City already bang in 90+ points a season most seasons I don't think Haaland really changes that to much and in Europe we've all seen it can come down to luck in that competition the best team doesn't always win it. Eventually it will be City's turn to get over the line but I honestly don't think Haaland guarantees that.

City's problem that I see right now is they don't really have a left back, they're little bit light in midfield and in wide areas for numbers. If on top of Haaland they had another 2 or 3 quality players this summer then yeah they'll be flying again.

The challenge for Utd is to build a side that is also capable of delivering 90+ points a seasons like Klopp has done at Liverpool as that is the standard now.

City are going to be a force regardless of Haaland being there or not, the big challenge is more teams actually challenging up there with them and Liverpool.

I think there is a lot of assumptions about Haaland instantly making City even more unbeatable. It’s a new country and a whole new level to the German league. Plus couple that with his injury problems which will be intensified in a more physical league. Success is certainly not guaranteed.

thats a bit doomsday. As I said above, he doesn't actually improve them that much, they are dominant already. And for united, we are about 4 years from worrying about city anyway, about the time he'll leave
He makes them markedly better. They miss a lot of chances. Yes they dominate but they still miss chances. If he works out he's going to put away a lot of chances and make them even better.

but it doesn't change anything, they still get the same points, just score more.

but it doesn't change anything, they still get the same points, just score more.
I think he'll gain them an extra few points so they'll be even more comfortable. And he'll help them not just beat teams but hammer teams.

€150m release clause which activates after 2 years.
I'm shocked by the amount. Still can't believe City accepted that. Anyway, it's perfect for Real. They didn't need him now because they still got Benzema, but in 2 or 3 years when Benzema will slow down, they will go for him.

even If he goes for that you still guarantee your profit in 2 years time.

It is very clever what he’s doing with his career always giving himself some control and a route out if he wants to move on.

You'll never be considered a top club if you are happy to be used as a stepping stone even if you make a few bob when the player moves on.

I'd hate United to do it, and if we miss out on certain quality players then so be it.

Just seen him in Sainsburys in Salford. Buying home stuff and lots of Evian water. I will try and post picture later

Just seen him in Sainsburys in Salford. Buying home stuff and lots of Evian water. I will try and post picture later

Does he look as weird in real life as he does in pictures?

You should have snook some XX small condoms into his basket when he wasn't looking, then filmed the cashiers reaction when they scanned them at the till.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back