Erling Haaland

I don't see Haaland at city, pep and Raiola hate eachother
How are agent deals arranged with player? I had an agent and it was a mutual contract. Either party can terminate the agreement. At this point, Haaland should go exactly where he wants, and probably ditch Raiola at the same time.

I hope none of us succumb and pay that sort of wages. It'll be another nail in the coffin. Revenues are peaking and have hit their ceiling for the time being which means wages have to level out. Not suddenly double.

How are agent deals arranged with player? I had an agent and it was a mutual contract. Either party can terminate the agreement. At this point, Haaland should go exactly where he wants, and probably ditch Raiola at the same time.

It's a bit complicated with Haaland as he currently has his father acting as an advisor then they've employed Raiola to effectively handle the negotiation side of things to make sure he gets the best deals possible.

The decision on a move will still be made by the player and if he feels the agent is getting in the way of the deal happening I can only assume they'll find a way of resolving that.

Agents are a necessary evil as players need to have proper representation to make sure they're not being exploited by clubs or sponsors but the way some of them behave is getting silly. The clubs really need to set standard fees that they will pay to agents.

City wanted Kane, they had a bid rejected and left it at that? Now there's the reports that they have been offered Ronaldo?

Something tells me they got wind of Ronaldo being available. Decided they'd get him instead of Kane because it frees them up to go and make a play for Haaland next year.

Raiola says there's a big chance that Haaland leaves this summer, I know shocking isn't it.

Names 4 potential destinations Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Going to be pretty annoying watching him at City next season isn't it!

Barca are skint, Bayern won't pay him silly wages so really it's down to Madrid to stop this happening will they go big for the two superstars this summer? I wouldn't rule it out.

Will Haaland and Mbappe want to join forces or will they want to be the only big dog in the squad?

We don't need him or the fees that would come with him, we have all the attacking options we need.
We need a captain in the midfield to knit it all together.

I don't think Mbappe will want to play with Haaland. He wants to play up top not as a winger.

I don't think Mbappe will want to play with Haaland. He wants to play up top not as a winger.
Then Haaland will very likely end up at City. And that's when it'll become a real shame for the rest of the league that they didn't sign Kane in the summer.

I think no doubt Haaland is going to City. I can't see Mbappe and Haaland in the same team
Sadly I also think it doesn't improve city that much points wise. It's not like they drop many. Just shows how good they are that he probably won't add points, just goals

Guardiola really really hates his agent so not sure how that plays out.

I think Mbappe would quite like to play with a strike partner so if Madrid played 2 up top they could fit them both in but not sure how well they’d play together

Mbappe wants to be top dog. Not sure he'd to want to play with Haaland.

Pep and Riaola had a huge fall out over Zlatan at Barca, but for him to mention them I imagine talks have been held

Mino tweeted today saying he was just naming big clubs as examples it wasn’t a suggestion that there’s been any negotiations.

Looks like it's down to two options for him.

Barca are saying they want him but reports are that this is all for show they can't make the transfer fee and wages work.

Real Madrid want him but they don't want him to come until 2023 as their current plan is to have Benzema and Mbappe next season. Benzema will leave in 2023 creating the space for Haaland. They see Benzema as the perfect guy to help Mbappe settle into the team next season. They'd need to do a deal where he agrees to stay in Dortmund for 1 more season.

Man City seem to be the front runner they want him, they're happy to pay and they want him now.

It sounds like the players preference is a move to Spain rather than England but he doesn't want to wait another year at Dortmund so if the two big boys in Spain can't make it happen this summer he'll likely end up at City.

I read if he goes to city (on 500 grand a week!) he wants a buy out clause.

I think the top players are always going to want this now they want it all their way and why shouldn't they.

City can sign him for 50m why not say right I want a clause from 2024 that says I can leave for 100m. You still bank 50m profit if I decide to go and you get at least 2 years of my service. If it goes well and he's happy it doesn't mean he has to leave he might say actually I want to stay for 10 years.

Scary to think if his agent wants/expects that sort of wages for him as a pup, albeit a very talented one, what he gonna be asking for when he's at his peak(27-29)?

Dortmund CEO basically admitted the only reason they got him ahead of Utd when he left Salzburg was they accepted the release clause and Utd wouldn’t.

You wonder if he is going to ask for another one this time?

Dortmund CEO basically admitted the only reason they got him ahead of Utd when he left Salzburg was they accepted the release clause and Utd wouldn’t.

You wonder if he is going to ask for another one this time?
Well, if he go to Real he will automatically have a get out clause, but Real will never accept something around 100m€. It will be 3 times that atleast. But anyway for various reasons, i see him end up at City without any kind of clause in the contract.

Well, if he go to Real he will automatically have a get out clause, but Real will never accept something around 100m€. It will be 3 times that atleast. But anyway for various reasons, i see him end up at City without any kind of clause in the contract.

There's no way the lad would agree to that if his endgame is Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Maybe they’ll ask for something similar just a higher number This time

5 year contract 150m release clause that activates in final 2 years of contract for example.

I don’t actually think it’s a terrible deal for the club the only problem is if gives the player more leverage if you try to renegotiate the deal.

There's no way the lad would agree to that if his endgame is Barcelona or Real Madrid.
We will see. I can only thinks of Real and City
The problem with his supposed Real desire is Mbappe. Mbappe want to be the top dog and will not accept Haaland. Real prefer Mbappe, so he is blocked. Barça can't pay him at the moment. He will end up at City but if he insist for a clause it will be 300m€ minimum. The World has changed after Neymar crazy transfer to PSG. All clubs want to protect there assets from City, PSG and Newcastle.

The Atheltic saying the deal to City is done and will be announced this week.

Be good to see how he does in the prem, I saw a headline a few weeks ago about some Dortmund fans saying good and City were buying a duff. Clearly nonsense so I didn't read further.

I think he's had quite a lot of injuries since he's been there he's great when he plays but he's missing a lot of games not only for a player who is still so young but also in a league where the schedule isn't so demanding.

I think he's had quite a lot of injuries since he's been there he's great when he plays but he's missing a lot of games not only for a player who is still so young but also in a league where the schedule isn't so demanding.
He's a big lad at such a young age, which could be contributing to some of the muscle injuries he seems to get so regular, so like you say with the fixture demand in the PL he might be on the side lines a fair bit in his first season.

He's a big lad at such a young age, which could be contributing to some of the muscle injuries he seems to get so regular, so like you say with the fixture demand in the PL he might be on the side lines a fair bit in his first season.

Yeah he had a massive growth spurt in his teens.

Most players that sign for City under Pep seem to be on the fringes in the first season but you feel with this guy he will be one that has to go straight into the team.

This was an inevitability. City needed a striker and Haaland had that release clause.

Hope he fails big time.

I can't see him failing. City create too many chances. I can see him breaking all sorts of records.

The only thing I'd say is the PL defenders are miles better than the defenders in Germany but yeah just stand in the box and you're almost guaranteed 10 tap ins a season playing up front for city.

Thing is how long will he stay or will this be a 2-3 year spell then off to Spain.

The only thing I'd say is the PL defenders are miles better than the defenders in Germany but yeah just stand in the box and you're almost guaranteed 10 tap ins a season playing up front for city.

Thing is how long will he stay or will this be a 2-3 year spell then off to Spain.
Will City have to change to accommodate him though? I’m not sure how good Haaland’s overall play is apart from putting the ball in the net - as I haven’t really watched him a hell of a lot.

Will City have to change to accommodate him though? I’m not sure how good Haaland’s overall play is apart from putting the ball in the net - as I haven’t really watched him a hell of a lot.

It is good so I don’t think he will need to long to adapt but you assume they’ll be changing the way they play slightly to play with a proper number 9 rather than a false 9.

A striker that wil look to play off the shoulder rather than drop into midfield and give them that penalty box predatorthat they maybe have missed at time.

If he stays fit it’s hard to see how he fails but he will need to buy into the team ethic and not want to be a superstar that plays for himself.

Anyway he was against The human rights abuse in Qatar so well done Erling for keeping your morals and taking that sweet sweet cash.

Be really good to see him in the prem.

Who is going to lose out, that's the quaestion. Does Grealish really fit with this team....

Be really good to see him in the prem.

Who is going to lose out, that's the quaestion. Does Grealish really fit with this team....

The talk seems to be that Jesus is going to leave this summer as I think that lad from Argentina also comes in the summer. Seen quite a few linking Jesus with Arsenal which seems like a good move for everyone involved as Arsenal need a striker and Jesus will want more playing time. There's also that Arteta link from the time at City.

Sterling only has 1 year left on his contract they're reluctant to hive him a massive pay rise so they may look to sell if they can't come to an agreement. It's the same for Mahrez his deal is also up next summer so they need to make a decision on him this summer as well.

I don't see Grealish going anywhere there's always a settling in period at City where players have to adapt to the way the team plays so you would imagine they'll hope that he has more of an influence next season.

Fernandino has said he's leaving and Gundogan is also expected to leave so could be a busy summer for City maybe a bit of an end of an era for this squad.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back