Erling Haaland

We brought Sanchez in on a ridiculous wage. Really worked out well for us.

If you bring Haaland in on more than anyone else then you'll have others in wanting a payrise.

I really do have issues with Haaland coming in. We're wasting Greenwood is we do such.

We brought Sanchez in on a ridiculous wage. Really worked out well for us.

If you bring Haaland in on more than anyone else then you'll have others in wanting a payrise.

I really do have issues with Haaland coming in. We're wasting Greenwood is we do such.
If your talking finance . The largest market now , is China . Do they recognize that umpteen years ago , Utd were feared in the EPL ? Doubt it !
What happens now , is what teams r doing now ! There's not too many World class players, at the moment, that tantalize or even.win.things , with us. No . Will.it change? Not on our present prehistoric philosophy, like Liverpool suffered for 30 years,
If we don't move large , we won't move at all !

You.pay peanuts, you get monkeys !
How much was Igjalho getting paid in China ?

Bruno isn’t a monkey he was not put straight on a £300k a week contract and who cares what Ighalo earns in China good luck to him is all I can say. Sort of disproves your point doesn’t it? Plenty of players getting paid way more than they should in countries like China although that will all be stopping very soon as the government introduced new rules.

Haaland is rumoured to be asking for Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar sort of wages and to be fair he’s probably worth it but if you pay him £600k a week guess how much Bruno wants on his next deal or Rashford or anyone else? The silly Sánchez contract is the reason De Gea could negotiate his crazy contract. His rumoured salary demand is almost double our current top earners he’d need to basically overnight make us title winners to justify it.

If Utd are prepared to go for him they should be saying it’s parity with top earners and no more on the first deal deliver the goods and we will offer you a new deal within 2 seasons. Reality is any club signing this kid now probably knows he’ll be looking for another move in 2-3 seasons he’s not hanging about unless you are winning the big pots.

I'm not saying don't spend money. You want to go out and spend £100m on Haaland fine. He comes in at our wage structure earning what Pogba / Rashford / Bruno will earn not earning double their wages. You are crazy if you think bringing someone in on 600k doesn't unbalance the club and cause problems in the dressing room. He's 20 fcol.

Our prehistoric philosophy? No one is really outspending us so not sure what you're on about? We spent £80m on Harry Maguire ffs. What cost us is spending silly money instead of spending correct money. You don't just throw £600k at a 20 yr old and hope he sorts everything out.

As for China, yeah it's a large market but it certainly isn't a new market. Theres a reason we've been touring there since the early 2000's.

China is also closed for business now the clubs have all been told no more wasting money on expensive foreign players salary caps have been introduced and a lot of the players will be packing their bags and heading back to the European leagues very soon.

I still don’t think this kid goes anywhere this summer I think he will have to stick around let clubs refill the bank account after a season of no fans then make his move next summer.

Wherever he ends up he’ll be getting big wages but I think he’ll want big wages and genuine chances at big trophies if Utd want to get him they need to convince him that we are serious challengers at home and abroad.

Chelsea reported to have made an approach to Dortmund.

Dortmund apparently have set his price at 175m euro this summer which is non negotiable similar to what they did on Sancho hoping to price everyone out of the market.

Roman flexing his muscles again if they've got cash they could jump the queue as there's no way any other team can get near that sort of number right now.

Looks like they tried to throw Tammy Abraham into the mix - surprised that didn’t get the job done! :p

I think Haaland will spend at least one more season there and then get a bumper move somewhere.

Looks like they tried to throw Tammy Abraham into the mix - surprised that didn’t get the job done! :p

I think Haaland will spend at least one more season there and then get a bumper move somewhere.
Reports that Dortmund have issued a "not for sale"... judging by their record over the years, that's it for this year

Dortmund can get double for him in 2022 what he'd fetch now. Once clubs' coffers are filled again, his price will be sky-high.

His release clause is activated summer 22. 55 million

That's why United pulled out

He's the real deal, hopefully his ex team mate Sancho will have a word and tempt him.
You will only get him for 2-3 years max before Riaola wants another wedge of commision - can't be arsed with that sideshow.

You will only get him for 2-3 years max before Riaola wants another wedge of commision - can't be arsed with that sideshow.
so you wouldn't want a guy who will probably score 50-60 league goals in that time - even if you are right, which you cannot know

I think's it's safe to say with Raiola comes trouble.

Personally, once Pogba is gone, I wouldn't want the club to use him no matter the client.

Hilarious that at least one paper is saying we will offer Martial as part of a deal.... do they think Dortmund are stupid?

to some it is, but I think the club can do without the distraction.

As good as some players are, it doesn't mean you cannot win without them.

Hilarious that at least one paper is saying we will offer Martial as part of a deal.... do they think Dortmund are stupid?

No but if you purchased the paper or clicked on the link then they've done their job.

Transfer Gossip online is really a waste of time.

Chelsea apparently offered Abraham as part of a deal.

Dortmund won't sell this summer unless someone offers them big cash it's the same stance they took last year with Sancho.

To be fair Dortmund might take a chance on a guy like Martial but only if they thought they could build his transfer value back up and get him sold back to another big club in a few years.

Dortmund said they're not selling this summer.

We know if they say that then that's it. Move on.

Yeah apparently the release clause which comes in next summer is 75m euros but it also includes bonuses that could see it rise to a total of 100m euros.

Dortmund know they're making a huge profit unless he suffers a career changing injury so it would take silly offers to get them to sell this summer.

I think United need to go hard after Haaland next year no question. The fact he's not available right now is actually a good thing I think.

I think United need to go hard after Haaland next year no question. The fact he's not available right now is actually a good thing I think.

I don't really think we'll stand a chance on Haaland his wages will be off the scale.

Yeah I'm not hopefully for a Haaland deal. Plus we have Greenwood. The guys going to be the real deal.

Yeah I'm not hopefully for a Haaland deal. Plus we have Greenwood. The guys going to be the real deal.

I'm yet to be fully convinced but he certainly deserves a good crack at being a centre forward to me he looks like a wide forward doesn't score headers or tap ins which is where a centre forward to me flourishes.

Can you ever see Greenwood playing like Cavani? To be a top class centre forward you've got to be scoring the goals between the posts I'm yet to see those sort of instincts in Greenwood.

To me he looks like a player who could go on to be a bit like Salah scoring 30 a season off the wing.

I think he's 19 and just wants to score. Doesn't strike me as a winger at all. The way he talks is all about studying Cavani and his movement not behaving like a winger. He doesn't get that pleasure from creating that wingers do either and he's always looking to shift the ball and get a shot off. There is nothing about him to me that says winger other than that's where we've played him.

I just see him bit like Martial or Rashford like to either run in behind or face up his man then beat him and shoot I just don't see enough of him yet getting those one touch finishes in the box that you need your striker to get from crosses.

He won't be an out and out winger in the traditional sense but the more modern style wide forward like a Robben or Salah just scoring goals for fun from wide areas.

No but if you purchased the paper or clicked on the link then they've done their job.

Transfer Gossip online is really a waste of time.

Chelsea apparently offered Abraham as part of a deal.

Dortmund won't sell this summer unless someone offers them big cash it's the same stance they took last year with Sancho.

To be fair Dortmund might take a chance on a guy like Martial but only if they thought they could build his transfer value back up and get him sold back to another big club in a few years.
didn't need to open anything or buy the paper. it was right there in the headline

Of course this is rumour, but that fact that it wouldn't surprise me really tells you the kind of person you're dealing with.

REVEALED: Mino Raiola 'demanded Erling Haaland was paid £820,000 PER WEEK to join Chelsea, with a £34m agent's fee AND a salary for himself in £257m package' before Blues moved for Romelu Lukaku

£800k a week would put him in the same sort of ball park of what Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Griezmann all currently earn so it's hardly surprising.

These lads are all taking home around 30m a year after tax.

I was talking about the agents demands, not the players!

edit

On the players wage demands, it's ridiculous too, of the players you mentioned, two of the 3 clubs are in a dangerous amount of debt, the other is bankrolled by a billionaire. I hope we stay well clear if those are the demands. Oh I guess 4th club could be Juve, who also aren't ding very financially, but seem to try and survive on high wages for free transfers

The bar has been set though this is what the top players earn at the moment so it's up to the clubs to compete at those levels if you can't afford that salary don't offer it then it's up to the player to decide does he want to earn x at this club or y at that club.

It's crazy what some of these clubs have been paying players Griezmann (top paid in La Liga) earns around double what De Bruyne (top paid in PL) earns.

Same with the agents fees just say no if all these top clubs actually talked to each other and said look we're setting flat rates for agents the agents would have no choice but to accept the fees but they refuse to work together to battle this problem because eventually one of them bricks it and pays a bit more to get the deal done.

Where Haaland ends up will be interesting my gut right now says it'll be Madrid I think they'll go big rebuild next summer hoovering up all these big names free agents and they'll use that to attract Haaland to come as well.

Where Haaland ends up will be interesting my gut right now says it'll be Madrid I think they'll go big rebuild next summer hoovering up all these big names free agents and they'll use that to attract Haaland to come as well.
See I think he's going to City. Real won't be able to afford him with them being interested in Mbappe. I think unfortunately City have decided not to move for Kane because they realise they can get Haaland in a year.

See I think he's going to City. Real won't be able to afford him with them being interested in Mbappe. I think unfortunately City have decided not to move for Kane because they realise they can get Haaland in a year.

Think Spurs priced Kane out of a move the rumour is they turned down a deal worth up to 150m but yeah not getting Kane has to put them in the Haaland race.

One thing we do know though is there’s plenty of bad blood between his agent and Guardiola and the City execs not sure if they’ve ever signed one of his clients.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back