Erik ten Hag named new United manager

Again I think we have had similar conversations. Does ETH really want to play 4 3 3. If he does we need to get rid of Bruno and buy players that can play that formation. Whatever formation we go for we don't need bruno, Erikson and vdb. One of those need to be sold.
We need to push at least one maybe two CBs out too. It might well be that we have to sell a player or two that we wouldn't normally sell in order to get funds to strengthen elsewhere. You would think two out of tuanzebe, lindelof, or Bailly would pull in some money from somewhere.
It might mean a bit of wheeling and dealing but as we don't appear to be cash rich anymore we don't have much choice

Man Utd need open heart surgery, and we sacked the surgeon.

The more I think about that decision, the more bizzarre it gets, hire a great football director as a manager. Then ignore what he says and sack him. I wonder if he said we need to lose Ronaldo.

Again I think we have had similar conversations. Does ETH really want to play 4 3 3. If he does we need to get rid of Bruno and buy players that can play that formation. Whatever formation we go for we don't need bruno, Erikson and vdb. One of those need to be sold.
We need to push at least one maybe two CBs out too. It might well be that we have to sell a player or two that we wouldn't normally sell in order to get funds to strengthen elsewhere. You would think two out of tuanzebe, lindelof, or Bailly would pull in some money from somewhere.
It might mean a bit of wheeling and dealing but as we don't appear to be cash rich anymore we don't have much choice

ETH plays 4-2-3-1 he pretty much went to war with the Ajax board over this especially in early days when results were up and down and fans/pundits accused him of going against the clubs traditions.

Think he needs to stamp his influence right through the spine of the team he needs a keeper, a centre mid and a striker that get his system and style ASAP. he’s already got his centre back in Martinez.

I imagine that whole squad is for sale but there’s just no interest in our players.

The more I think about that decision, the more bizzarre it gets, hire a great football director as a manager. Then ignore what he says and sack him. I wonder if he said we need to lose Ronaldo.

Think he said to many of the things that needed to be said off camera on camera.

Maybe if he’d said these things as a director of football rather than a first team manager it might have been easier but yeah that 6 months was a complete waste of time and was certainly an early black mark against Murtough who got him in and quickly booted him out.

They didn't like his honesty and bottom line the owners aren't willing to put their hands in their pockets to buy the players needed.

I think he had to be completely cut ties with because of just how bad it went. How could he then go round advising the manager of what we need to do. He had no credibility left at the club.

Because they made another error in appointing him as manager and not DoF. Should have just kept Carrick on. And put Ralf in the role he's good at

Hard to sell that to your boss though can we just pay this guy 5m a year to do my job for me? Murtough is the director of football he’s just been given that job at one of the biggest clubs in the world a few months in you can’t say maybe get this guy in under me as he knows what he’s doing.

Murtough has now got his deputies in place in the next 12 months he wanted to look after academy and womens operations he now needs to build the modern infrastructure we’ve been promised to support the first team.

Rangnick was destined to fail the club didn’t anticipate the two first team coaches going which meant he had to cobble together a coaching squad and they gave him no players in January we ended that window with a weaker squad that we had at the start.

Yes. We need to replace a lot of players and no, we cannot do it in one or two seasons. I really liked ten Hag when he came, but the players he did manage to pick up or went after did not make me think better of him.
when he then started Eriksen as a striker and a game later in a defensive midfielder role, I really started to worry. So I still think we need to have patience. It’s going to be a terrible season one way or another.

I have no patience.
I want to see progressive change in the right direction.
At the moment i see no change from the last season.
I give him 2 weeks to show me change before i call him out.
I still waiting for a real holding midfielder, we can't play this season with mcfred if we don't want to be in a relegation battle.

I have no patience.
I want to see progressive change in the right direction.
At the moment i see no change from the last season.
I give him 2 weeks to show me change before i call him out.
I still waiting for a real holding midfielder, we can't play this season with mcfred if we don't want to be in a relegation battle.

What, a full two weeks, wow.

I think he interviews well he puts the pressure on himself when it’s needed and on his players when it’s needed.

People online moaning that he won’t go against the owners need to get a grip that isn’t going to happen as Soon as you take any job you have to go with the company line. I’m sure he’d love it if they buggered off but he can’t say that can he.

He’s been left well short this window of what needed to be done Casemiro is a great player but he needs to keep pushing for more and he really needs Ronaldo out the door.

This season is all about implementing the new style and mastering it hopefully we pick it up quickly and can be part of the battle for top 4 if we aren’t then we need to continue the overhaul next season.

I can't find the article now.
But I was reading this morning ETH is a little shocked about DVDB confidence compared to when they were at Ajax.

Casually dropping the F bomb live on Sky!

Speaking very well here and got complete faith in him.

If the idiot interviewing him hadn't pulled him up for it I doubt anybody would have noticed. Piss poor from Sky.

I liked his post match interview. His focus on mentality and work rate were spot on. His observation that the attackers have to accept they need to score goals as well as defend is a welcome confirmation that he expects a lot more from Bruno, Rashford, Sancho and Martial. If that four can continue to up their workrate and take the chances created, we will have a formidable attacking unit and a much more resilient side.

Ten Hag has shown that reputation and price-tag mean nothing. I hope he backs that up by giving those who play well an extended run in the first eleven.

He did swear on live TV well after the watershed but Sky always apologise for any swearing that you hear at sports.

Haaland did similar a few weeks back you can forgive guys speaking in their second language I expect learning how to use the F bomb is tricky for anyone speaking English as lets be honest we use it a lot in all sorts of different contexts.

I think Keano really enjoyed the F bomb...I haven't seen him smiling like that before...great to see Casemeiro making a bee line for Roy as well...he knows quality

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He did swear on live TV well after the watershed but Sky always apologise for any swearing that you hear at sports.

Haaland did similar a few weeks back you can forgive guys speaking in their second language I expect learning how to use the F bomb is tricky for anyone speaking English as lets be honest we use it a lot in all sorts of different contexts.

Stop protecting the kids ffs

250 years ago toddlers were passed to the front of public beheadings, didn't seem to do them any harm :mad:

Stop protecting the kids ffs

250 years ago toddlers were passed to the front of public beheadings, didn't seem to do them any harm :mad:

The best one is when they do it after boxing matches.

It's nearly midnight and they apologise for a guy swearing after we've just watched two guys smashing each other in the face for half an hour.

Reports today that ETH has asked the club to put all contract negotiations with existing players on hold.

He wants more time to assess the players and wants to remove the comfort zone culture at the club.

There's quite a few players who are into the last 2 years of their current contracts.

I think De Gea is the only player in the final year of his deal. Rashford/Ronaldo are also in the final year but Utd have an option to extend on both which they will do with Rashford.

There are 9 on the last year of their contracts (most with a club option for another year.) Jones, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Shaw, De Gea, Ronaldo, Rashford, Fred and Tom Heaton.

If ETH is serious about removing the comfort zone at the club, he must believe that he has the influence to determine who will be renewed/option picked up, and who will be let go. If we are to move forward as a club, and have any hope of returning to our perch, that's exactly what needs to happen.

I would probably pick up the option on Rashford, see what happens and either extend or sell, depending on performances.
I'd pick up the option on Dalot, Fred, Shaw and DdG and sell them for a fee this summer. The rest can just leave.

It's high time players are rewarded for performances on the pitch, and action taken when those performances aren't to standard.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back