Erik ten Hag named new United manager

jsp

He's finished his season at Ajax and will be at the club this week meeting the players and existing staff to familiarise himself with the club.

He won't be involved in the training or any decisions for the game at the weekend but he wants to get a head start on the recruitment decisions on and off the pitch and some of the planning for pre season.

Sounds like McLaren will be joining as part of his backroom staff.

SuperRash

Don’t really see an issue with ETH wanting McLaren to be honest. If he is someone he is comfortable working with and trusts him then that’s fine.

jsp

Have to say I don't really understand that move.

I'd be guessing but he probably wants someone familiar with the club and the league within his staff and they've worked together previously.

I think all the managers post Fergie have had someone in the staff who's worked in the club previously. Phil Neville, Giggs, Carrick, Phelan.

Mr C

Mclaridge has no experience of this league, 6-7 years ago he had an awful season with Newcastle. Take on Mata or something. At least it wouldn't add to the wage bill. Or at least get some recent more current. Van Persie, Rooney, there must be someone.

I have no problem with him coming along if that's what TH wants. But to me it's a stupid choice. He has no experience of this league as it is, has proven he's not that much of a coach, and to be honest just seems old and out of touch. His last coaching role was an absolute shower at QPR 3 years ago.

It makes me doubt TH

SuperRash

Mclaridge has no experience of this league, 6-7 years ago he had an awful season with Newcastle. Take on Mata or something. At least it wouldn't add to the wage bill. Or at least get some recent more current. Van Persie, Rooney, there must be someone.

I have no problem with him coming along if that's what TH wants. But to me it's a stupid choice. He has no experience of this league as it is, has proven he's not that much of a coach, and to be honest just seems old and out of touch. His last coaching role was an absolute shower at QPR 3 years ago.

It makes me doubt TH

Neither do ETH or van der Gaag. ;)

And McLaren does have some decent experience of managing and being the assistant in the PL. Also he has been an International manager. Obviously his success has been varied in all his roles but he is an experienced guy. ETH could bring his entire coaching staff over from Ajax and none would have any experience of the PL but I doubt you would be that outraged as he’s bringing his own men who he trusts - it’s no different with McLaren.

Mr C

I was arguing the point JSP said he was being brought in becasue of his prem experience

I'm saying he's not a great coach from back in the day let alone now. And he has no experience of the Pep/Klopp era

if that is the reason for bringing him in, it's an odd one, there are loads more people with experience of the league even if that is just as a player

Lordkluivert

I was arguing the point JSP said he was being brought in becasue of his prem experience

I'm saying he's not a great coach from back in the day let alone now. And he has no experience of the Pep/Klopp era

if that is the reason for bringing him in, it's an odd one, there are loads more people with experience of the league even if that is just as a player
Agree, if i was ETH i would call Carrick back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now