Edinson Cavani | Match Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Getting a bit worried about Edi if I'm honest we saw last season the more he played the better he got this season he's not getting much of a look in and while he still charges around like a bull when he comes on he's not really getting into the games.

Said it in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if he was out the door in January which is a shame if that happens hopefully before then he gets to bang in a goal at Old Trafford as that crowd will love a player like him. Give it absolutely everything and when it kicks off on the pitch he's always first man on the scene to protect his team mate.

SuperRash

Don’t think he’ll start many so you may well be right about a January move. However, I still expect him to contribute a few goals when he does come off the bench.

I wish we had got him in his prime, he would run through glass for you. Love his attitude!

He has scored in front of the OT crowd though from what I remember? Against Fulham at the back end of last season when fans were allowed back in?

jsp

Technically true but wasn't capacity limited to 10,000?

My worry is if he doesn't play enough even when he does come on he won't be sharp and at his best he'll put in the work rate and effort but he looks to me like a player who the more he plays the sharper he gets. Doesn't look like someone who can just turn it on all the time.

SuperRash

Technically true but wasn't capacity limited to 10,000?

My worry is if he doesn't play enough even when he does come on he won't be sharp and at his best he'll put in the work rate and effort but he looks to me like a player who the more he plays the sharper he gets. Doesn't look like someone who can just turn it on all the time.
Yeah you are probably right on the reduced capacity. It would be nice if he did score in front of a packed crowd.

He does seem like the type that does need a good run of games to get sharp. I guess that’s another reason why going out of the League Cup was so disappointing. No doubt he would have been the starter in that competition which would have given him some vital game time.

jsp

Yeah I don't think he hung around to be a sub either he stayed because he probably felt between him and Greenwood he's getting 25-30 games as a starter plus subs but with Ronaldo now in the mix he's going to be sub a lot. He left PSG because he didn't want to be a substitute I think this guy wants to play.

I think he'll fight for his place he's never ducked a fight but because it's Ronaldo he's fighting with one hand behind his back as we've seen Ronaldo not only will start nearly every game it's also likely he won't be subbed unless the game is already won.

Mr C

I think he's battling fitness problems. Which may be restricting his playing time too

jsp

Yeah heard a few people say he's one of these players who won't play with niggles so if he feels something he'll stop and won't risk it which is fair enough he knows his body better than anyone.

Just hasn't really got going he missed the first match because he had to isolate after his summer break so basically did no pre season other than running on a treadmill in his house. Then he got a bit of a knock and at the weekend he wasn't available due to international matches so it's been very stop start.

Just think with no league cup games it's going to be tough for Ole to really rotate as he needs to be full strength in league and champions league games to get wins. Maybe if we can win the 2 in the group the last game will be a dead rubber but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

jsp

By far his best performance of the season and a lovely finish for his goal.

Hopefully the injury that forced him off wasn’t anything serious

jsp

He has a tendon injury that has been troubling him since the summer.

He is missing the internationals and hopes to put the injury problem behind him soon.

He is an important player the only true number 9 at the club the only one capable of holding the ball up and bullying the opponents defence I think he’s a great partner for Ronaldo as we saw vs Spurs.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now