Donny Van De Beek l Match Discussion Thread 2021/22

Mr C

you know what I mean, they've been terrible and Donny hasn't had a look in. It took up to the Liverpool drubbing to even try something new.

jsp

True but he's one of many who because we went out of the league cup lost game time.

Players like Henderson, Telles, Dalot, Bailly, Martial, Lingard, Mata and Donny will be feeding off scraps now as he won't trust them in league games or champions league unless injuries force him to.

This is where the lack of system for me really shows up because if there was a system that everyone knew and understood these players could come in and do the job which is how the rotation works at other clubs. All those centre mids at City or Liverpool can rotate because they all know exactly what the team needs them to do before they step on the pitch.

RichH2016

Yep made a positive impact when he came on even if it was only for 5 minutes and fair play to Ole for subbing Bruno who'd totally dissapeared second half as he was marked out of the game.
Agreed! Perhaps should have done it sooner though because Atalanta changed their tactics to mark Bruno out of the game.

jsp

Agreed! Perhaps should have done it sooner though because Atalanta changed their tactics to mark Bruno out of the game.

Think he would have got longer but seemed to take a good 5 minutes for the final subs to actually be made but yeah a change could have come a bit earlier but with Bruno you know he’s got the moment of magic in him like the assist for Ronaldo.

SuperRash

Hard to take any positives at the moment but he played really when he came on. Looked like he came on trying to prove a point and obviously got himself a goal. Needs to start the next game whether Ole is here or not.

Justin Cider

Did very well when he came on just need to find the right position for him now, left of a three(vd Beek, Bruno, Sancho) behind Ronaldo methinks with Cavani and Greenwood out, and Rashford picking up a knock, and Martial being erm Martial.

Cosmic Slop

Hard to take any positives at the moment but he played really when he came on. Looked like he came on trying to prove a point and obviously got himself a goal. Needs to start the next game whether Ole is here or not.
Watch him become the lynchpin in the next manager's side. Ironically, VDB busting a gut to prove himself is exactly what everyone else in our team was lacking today. VDB played like his hair was on fire, everyone else played like they couldn't remember if they put their boots on the right feet, just shit-scared calamity merchants.

jsp

Have to wonder why he didn’t start him?

I watched most of the second half and before the red card he was excellent he’s earned more chances.

boothstownred

Have to wonder why he didn’t start him?

I watched most of the second half and before the red card he was excellent he’s earned more chances.
Yeah it is baffling. Unlike some I do not think Donny is the answer to all our problems, but given the lack of quality in our midfield it is odd he could not get more minutes to prove himself.

jsp

Yeah it is baffling. Unlike some I do not think Donny is the answer to all our problems, but given the lack of quality in our midfield it is odd he could not get more minutes to prove himself.

Yeah given McTominay’s form this season hasn’t been great it’s been a bit baffling that we haven’t seen him.

I thought he’d be nailed on to start yesterday.

SuperRash

Ole just didn’t fancy him. He was criminally under used in the last few weeks - sure he’s not the answer to all our problems but the form of McT and Fred has been horrendous which in itself warranted him getting some more game time.

It’s sad to see Ole go but yesterdays goal and the new man coming in could be the making of DVB’s career.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now