Sideshow Bob

I've impressed by Donald Love's performances this season. He had another good game today against Spurs. He is defensively sound (often in good positions through good reading of the game) and he's and asset in attack. Another youngster with potential from the current crop.

Has looked very good so far this season. Magnificent today. Hopefully can keep it up. When he hasn't played, Callum Evans has looked good at RB too.

Manchester United sign up Scots starlet as David Moyes reign begins | Football | Sport | STV

Scotland Under-19s prospect Donald Love is celebrating being handed his first professional contract with Manchester United.

The 18-year-old defender has impressed with the youth sides at the English giants enough to be awarded a 12 month deal on the day new manager David Moyes began his reign at Old Trafford.

Love, born in Rochdale in England to Glaswegian father David, has represented Scotland at under-17 and under-19 level, where he trains alongside older brother Archie, a striker with Burnley.

The right back was heartbroken to miss out on the recent Scotland Under-19 squad’s European Championship Elite Round games though injury but being handed the news that he will be playing full time with the Red Devils has given him a huge boost.

Love said: “I am over the moon to have signed a professional contract with United and I know if I continue to work hard and keep learning, anything can happen.

“Hopefully I can progress with Scotland also, where injury has forced me out of recent games."

Love, who grew up idolising Manchester United and Scotland star Darren Fletcher and Germany captain Philip Lahm, rates his proudest moment so far as scoring against Burnley at Old Trafford in the FA Youth Cup last season.

Agent Gordon Reid of PSMI said Love was looking ahead to the season hoping to make himself a fixture in the Man United second string.

He added: "Donald is very highly rated at Carrington and he thoroughly deserves his professional contract.

“He will now look to cement his place in the United reserve team and also force his way into the Scotland set-up again.”

Can't fault him for effort and energy and he is a reliable player but I'd be very surprised if he had a career at United.

Love has been called up to Scotland's U21s squad to face Hungary on 26th March.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back