Diogo Dalot | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Diogo Dalot’s performances in 2022/23.

Here’s a thread I was hoping I wouldn’t be seeing again this season.

Caught napping after about 30 seconds gifting and lazy for the second goal let them out of that corner far to easily.

He is miles off the standard required.

Man Utd 2 Liverpool 1

His best game in a Man Utd shirt by an absolute mile.

Took it to Diaz all game and totally shut him out of the match got in his face from the first minute and didn't stop all game and most important he was totally focused he wasn't caught napping he was switched on straight from the start.

That is the level he needs to show every game is he wants to stick around.

Still a little bit urm, a little bit ah with him as I know he can do a lot better, he get's the Liverpool thing though so he's got a chance.

He needs to show a lot more quality when Utd are in possession and looking to be on the front foot and stop switching off in matches.

I don't think he has it but last night I thought we saw for the first time in a Utd shirt what the hype around him might be about.

Premier League: Southampton 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2022

Top cross for the goal.

Yep another decent performance let’s hope he can keep it up.

Starting to warm towards him. He still needs to improve his overall game but signs of improvements no doubt.

Good cross and some important clearances. It is when he has time to think that he seems to make mistakes.

It’s about consistency we’ve seen he can perform well the challenge is can he make this his level every single game

Leicester 0-1 Man Utd

Another really good performance by Dalot got an early yellow where he had to make a foul to stop a counter so had to be a bit less aggressive after that but still he went 1 vs 1 with Barnes all night and Barnes didn't really create anything.

Looks to be growing in confidence lets hope he keeps it up at the weekend.

He's up there as one of my favourite players. Just because of his attitude on and off the pitch.

Today he made a statement saying we as players have a chance to be the players that bring United back and that is everything.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking like a totally different player! Long may it continue.

Top class performance against the Czech’s and two very smartly taken goals.

Much improved in recent weeks and clear to see the impact of the coachimg team. His positional play is much better and his short to mid range passing was great tonight.

Played very well last night think the way Spurs lined up in 3-5-2 rather than 3-4-3 gave him loads of space which he exploited as he didn't have to worry about Son being behind him on the counter.

He did have a little drop off recently but last night that was him back at his best. Still would like to see a little more quality in the final third with his crossing/shooting but his general play is vastly improved and he's looking super fit which makes a big difference.

Hasn’t looked the same player since the World Cup.

Not sure if it was the injury after the World Cup but he’s kind of gone back to the player he was last season.

Given he’s after a new deal he needs to find that form from earlier this season again.

I agree with what others have said recently. I prefer AWB currently who has performed well when he has played and I certainly think he would have been an asset on the pitch today.
But all in all, I believe RB is still a problem position for us and we need an upgrade on both. If I had to pick between Dalot and AWB who should stay to provide competition I think I would go for AWB.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back