Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Reece James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saidy Janko

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Sideshow Bob

Trio up for Reserves award - Official Manchester United Website

There are three contenders for 2014's Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year award, as nominated by coach Warren Joyce.

With over 40 players used this term, it was a difficult choice for Joyce but he opted for three of the few regulars in the side over the course of the entire campaign. Read our review of the three contenders and then cast your vote.

Saidy Janko has adapted well since joining the club last summer and displayed pace and power on the right flank. Although nominally a right-back, he has often played further forward for the Under-21s and also represented the club in the UEFA Youth League and FA Youth Cup. The wide man scored his first goal for the club against Aston Villa U21s.

Another defender who has proved his versatility is Reece James. The younger brother of former Red Matty arrived at United from Preston and has impressed with his diligence and work ethic. At home at left-back or in a holding midfield role, he became an automatic choice and has even taken on the captain's armband of late.

Charni Ekangamene is hoping to become the second Belgium-born youngster to scoop the award following Adnan Januzaj's success in 2013. The midfielder filled in at centre-back in accomplished fashion and earned a loan move to Carlisle United, even if he returned because of a need for defenders at U21 level. The 20-year-old has speed and strength and excellent positional sense.

Haven't seen enough of the U21s this season so my vote means nothing but I went for Charni, based on what i've seen this season and I really like him as a player, had to cover CB for a few games too. Seen a few on twitter say they voted for Reece James, can't argue with that as he's pretty much been ever present in a tough season for the U21s.

Janko for me, but then we havent really had anyone REALLY stand out this year due to a lot of players going on loan.

Janko has improved as the season went on and has been consistant

Suppose Thorpe was the consistent standout before his loan and injury.

Would have been third from what I've seen. He has the best chance of making it though.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back