David De Gea to Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us getting that much. Worth more but would Woodward risk losing him on a free next summer. We'll get £30m max.

BBC Sport - Louis van Gaal 'believes' David De Gea will stay at Man Utd

Manager Louis van Gaal says he is optimistic about keeping goalkeeper David De Gea at Manchester United.

Real Madrid are understood to be interested in signing Spaniard De Gea, who has one more season left on his contract at Old Trafford.

The 24-year-old waved to United fans as he left the pitch on Sunday after suffering an injury in the 1-1 draw against Arsenal.

But Van Gaal said: "I believe still that David De Gea shall stay."

De Gea is in contention to start the final match of the season at Hull on Sunday (15:00 BST kick-off) despite the hamstring injury he suffered against the Gunners.

He has been named United's player of the year for the past two seasons.

United brought in fellow Spaniard Victor Valdes in January and he made his debut when he replaced De Gea on Sunday.

When asked if Valdes, 33, was ready to be first choice at Old Trafford, Van Gaal said: "First we have to see if De Gea is leaving. After that we shall talk about the other things.

"That he [Valdes] is good enough to be a Manchester United goalkeeper, of course that is the case, otherwise he wouldn't be here."

Manchester United plan for Champions League Andy Mitten - ESPN FC

De Gea's future has gained the most attention because, as the club's two-time player of the year, he's one player United fans don't want to leave. The Spaniard has said nothing to journalists publicly, but he's been approached by United fans around Manchester. They pay his wages and ask what his plans are face-to-face, with no PR spin or journalistic filter.

The goalkeeper has usually opted for what should be known as the "Wayne Rooney reply", which is that better players should be signed by the club and echoes what the striker gave as a reason for wanting to leave back in 2010.

If De Gea added his reasoning is because some of the current squad haven't been good enough then he wouldn't be wrong, but players can tell fans what they want to hear while covering their own backs and there's a danger that they're being disingenuous ahead of leaving. Rooney stayed, of course.

De Gea really appreciated the applause he got vs. Arsenal at Old Trafford last week and the fact that United can pay him twice the number Madrid will go to is also a factor, as is the future of Iker Casillas, but the Madrileno has yet to give his current club any indication that the huge contract he's been offered will be signed.

The ball, as his manager keeps saying, is in De Gea's court and he could keep it there for another year until his current deal expires. However, neither Real Madrid, United nor the goalkeeper will accept a year of uncertainty.

I don't have a problem with him going home, I do however feel he should have signed a contract extension at Utd that would have left both he & the club in a better bargaining position. The rumoured fee is 20 million, a mere 3 million profit on a keeper who has gone from decidedly dodgy but with talent, to one of the best keepers in the World. 30 million should be the amount payed but Utd really have very little bargaining power

Yeah I agree with this. Some sort of agreement between club and player similar to the Ronaldo one would have left a better taste I think.

We have the option of letting his contract run down and let him go on a free too. Do we really need the money what with all the tv money coming in.

If Madrid don't offer us a decent sum we should just keep him for another year. £13m they can get stuffed.

Agree. We're not desperate for the money. Another season of De Gea would be a better deal than anything under £20m in my opinion.

Seems like it's more or less done that he is moving. He seems to have put up his mansion for sale. We must have asked for the move to be kept under wraps till we finish our business.

Absolutely delighted to hear rumours that United would be willing to take hit of losing him on a free next summer if Real don't offer enough this summer. Another season of De Gea would probably be worth the money Real are reportedly offering at the minute.

Yeah I don't see why we should succumb to them. I think we need to make a firm stand on this.

I'd rather keep De Gea, miss out on Ramos and sign someone else. Ramos stuff could all be a ploy from United to keep De Gea, Woodward could be pulling a similar trick to what he did to Chelsea with Rooney/Mata.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Translation: De Gea, who is already in England, expected to make another offer Manchester renewal not accepted.

Google translation: "At the start of trading by De Gea, Manchester United has requested changes to Keylor Navas and Sergio Ramos"

Google translation: "They tell me that Madrid is bound to bring to De Gea this year because there is a penalty clause"

Google translation: "Casilla will not go to Australia, because at this time the one to go is Iker"

Google translation: "If De Gea doesn't join Madrid, Casilla would start. If De Gea comes, Casilla would be the second goalkeeper"

De Gea to stay for at least one more season?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/13/david-de-gea-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

“We talked with him [De Gea] and he fully agreed with our decision,” Van Gaal said. “I have one assistant coach and another assistant coach so we speak about that kind of thing together. We have a goalkeeping coach, Frans Hoek, and I’m not doing everything alone.

“Frans Hoek … he has a meeting with David de Gea and he asked him: ‘Do you want to play?’” Asked what the response was, Van Gaal said: “‘No.’ Then I have to take the decision. It is a process. We had been observing him in preparation, he was not so good, he was not the same David de Gea as before. He was my best player last season. According to the fans, he was the best of the last two years.”

Van Gaal’s revelations came after a press conference when he had been asked about De Gea’s position and made it clear there was no change – “he remains out of the squad” – before saying it would be better to discuss it in a “more intimate setting later”. At the end of his conference, he took a seat beside the journalist who had asked him whether De Gea actually wanted to play and, clarifying that he was still talking on-the-record, proceeded to say it was the goalkeeper’s wish to be left out of the squad.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/08/14/internacional/1439575175_702007.html

Translation:

A David De Gea told him that this could be: telling half truths coaches, clubs becoming the undesirables, questions, questions. The goalkeeper was psychologically prepared, but there is no doubt that the situation is doing very long. Although Toledo is known for its cold blood, it would hurt anyone to doubt their professionalism. The latest twists pose a new challenge for the player, whose desire is that everyone knows: join Real Madrid.

You train for two days with the reserves not clear whether it is a punishment or Louis Van Gaal wanted to work only with the two porters who took yesterday to Birmingham. In any case, it is a strange situation. And it occurs while the Dutch coach told . a lie halfway He did it in an aside to the print media on the eve of the game yesterday and his statements caused quite a stir: "I am not alone in this matter. I have a goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek. He met with De Gea to discuss whether he could play or not. He asked, 'You want to play against Tottenham?'. And David's answer was 'no'. Then I had to make a decision. Then we went back to talk to him to explain that he would not convened and agreed ".

It is true that there was a conversation between Hoek and De Gea, but nothing is true that the player refused to play. Here there are two possibilities. The goalkeeper, annoying, rebels, or to understand that these things are part of the strategy of Manchester United. As part of the Madrid say that with Keylor and Casilla have enough. De Gea mean, angry, that is the game of the two clubs.

How different would have been the situation if in the spring of 2014 the goalkeeper had accepted, as he intended to do, the proposed renewal Manchester. Interestingly, it would cost more than what you'll charge in Madrid. But Van Gaal who was stopped because I wanted to have another type of goalkeeper; Dutch cared or similar Keylor Navas goalkeeper.

Now, the impression I have is that all the matter will continue until just before the market closed. Jorge Mendes has told the player that Madrid will make the necessary effort to bring it, but you must also understand that Manchester is letting go best goalkeeper in the Premier and he has been elected the best player of the past two seasons by the network fans. It is not a laughing matter ...

The whole situation has been infuriating.

I won't lie. I am gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back