David De Gea | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

IDFD

It looked to me like he got his angles wrong today and pulled back from making the save.

Absolutely massive save from him at 1-1 after poor passing from our defenders let Armstrong in one on one.

Yep big save at a key moment wasn't a spectacular save think most keepers get that the striker hit it hard but he didn't get it anywhere near the corner.

Certainly spared Maguire a few blushes he was caught on the ball but the passing before it got to him was so slow and he had absolutely no one to give the ball to when he received it.

Premier League: Wolves 0-1 Manchester United - 29th August 2021

Fantastic double save!

Premier League: West Ham United 1-2 Manchester United - 19th September 2021

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Delighted for him had a tough few years but seems to be getting back near his best again which is great news for everyone.

Given all the grief he gets about penalties it’s great to see him save one

First penalty save since 2014, so said the commentator.

In the league saved on in the FA Cup semi final in 2016.

Saved one on the opening day last season but had to be retaken as he just moved off his line

Love this. It's been a long time coming he's made a few point saving saves this season and that one is the biggest you can get.

Love this. It's been a long time coming he's made a few point saving saves this season and that one is the biggest you can get.

You'd have to say at this point he's probably back to being the #1. I don't necessarily think that's good long term but for this year he's earned that.

Fantastic kept us in the game.

I really had my doubts about him getting his form back after such a long run of bad form but he's done it and it's great to see him back at his best because last night he needed to be.

The fear of losing your spot can really motivate some people.

Then there's Martial

Maybe that was it but they've also got a new goalkeeping coach in recently so maybe that's helped freshen things up for him just looked like all his confidence went.

Could even be the fact he was a sub during the euro's as Spain came back to life on the international stage he maybe just enjoyed being in that camp with the pressure off as he wasn't the number 1.

World Cup in 18 months and if he's playing like this he'll fancy his chances of getting his spot back.

DGD in form = rest of united crap
DGD out of form = rest of united good

If only we could marry the two

Whatever happened, it really looks like he's got the fire back. You never know what's happening in somebody's personal life, but Mitten was saying he rang Ole and asked to come back early for preseason, so something changed for the good over the summer. Long may this continue.

Atalanta 2-2 Man Utd

Don't think he'll be happy with either goal.

The first one he's just let straight through him poor execution of something that for him is very routine probably a 1 in 100 type event.

Second one there's a lot that's gone wrong before it gets to him but Zapata has basically got to the 6 yard line before shooting this tactic of staying on your line doesn't work you have to go out and confront the attacker he'll probably still score but you have to narrow the angle and make it harder.

This isn't a 1 in 100 scenario this is a regular thing for him he just doesn't seem to want to go and dive at players feet when faced with a striker one vs one he's one of the last people I'd want in goal for my team.

Premier League: Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United - 11th December 2021

I’ll be honest yesterday I think he made saves you expect any prem keeper to make but it’s good to save him back to this level because the last few seasons he’s been well off his game.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester United - 27th December 2021

Till we get a keeper who wants to dominate his area and instinctively organises the defence in front of him(De Gea does neither)we ain't winning the Premier League anytime soon, though we may fluke a Champions League which would be nice.

The guy finds touch with his kicking effortlessly, why he's overlooked by the Spanish Rugby Sevens team remains a mystery.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back