David De Gea leaves United

The defence Onana has infront of him is as good as any defence De Gea has infront of him 2013 onwards. It's excuses.
If it was a settled defence then yes maybe but it has not been settled so far. There has been injuries and careless mistakes. It’s hard to organise an unsettled defence in such a short amount of time.

Continuity is key to a cohesive defensive unit and we’ve had so many injuries this season that the team as a whole just looks out of whack.

I just don’t get how we are suddenly forgetting how bad De Gea was at times in the last couple of years. Yes he got lots of clean sheets last season but he also had some inexplicable errors. Also this shots to goals ratio is nonsense to me. You can mention any stat to create a negative argument. De Gea pretty much conceded with every shot Liverpool had last season in the 7-0 but he has being championed again?

De Gea was excellent last season until the club crapped all over him and his head went. He's still available, we should look at getting him back to stop this shambles

No one else wanted Onana.

Anyone that thinks Onana is a better keeper than even the current De Gea is a bare faced liar.

And i'm yet to see this commanding of the defence he's supposed to be good at. Maybe if he was we'd see them improve not get worse infront of him.

The guy who’s just been nominated for goalkeeper of the year? You are talking about a guy with a price tag of 50m not a guy on a free. Also, last summer on a free he was snapped up by Inter before his contract even expired. De Gea has been out of contract for 3 months and he’s not been linked to anyone.

They are not liars they just don’t hold the same opinion you do. Onana made 2 decent saves late in the game from Mitoma and Fati and made a potential game winning save away to Arsenal from Saka.

On the last bit what do you actually expect him to do? He’s helped on crosses for a start teams can’t just drop the ball in our 6 yard box centre of goal on every set piece because Onana deals with them. Can he really tell Casemiro or Eriksen to track runners for cut backs?

I don’t think Onana has been fantastic but he deserves a chance to settle in. It was 100% time to move on.

The team as a hole has been playing crap apart from maybe AWB not one players is playing anywhere near their best and that is a massive problem.

De Gea was excellent last season until the club crapped all over him and his head went. He's still available, we should look at getting him back to stop this shambles

This just isn’t true

Brentford away let in a weak shot and then played a horrible pass into Eriksen which resulted in another goal.
Everton FA Cup let a ball squeeze through his legs.

Im sure there are more examples.

Out of interest what defence do you think was better from 2014 onwards than our current defence?

Now let me think, the defence that went unbeaten away from home an entire PL season was far better ....

They say the first thing that goes is your memory ;)

Yeah i'm sure that would help :rolleyes:

The top 100+ clubs in Europe have submitted their 25 man squads for European football up until January, and the Saudis have been throwing money around like a drunken sailor yet Spain's 7/8th choice keeper is at home doing the washing, cooking and cleaning while his missus is out everyday trying to fool somebody into thinking she's an actual singer! How the mighty have fallen.

Yep a keeper who was apparently excellent last season can't find a team.

Is he pricing himself out of moves or are teams just not interested.

It's lovely not going into a cold-sweat every time it's obvious we are going to have to pass back to the keeper to go forward.

It's lovely not going into a cold-sweat every time it's obvious we are going to have to pass back to the keeper to go forward.
this I agree with,

Although he needs to sort his long kick, more often than not it's to an opposition player

this I agree with,

Although he needs to sort his long kick, more often than not it's to an opposition player

Not noticed anything worrying, and as long as the ball is a long way from our area does it matter. And as his kicking is normally that good long and short maybe it's a tactic, weirder things have happened ....

Reports in Spain that Real Betis and Valencia are interested in signing him.

Back