FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Daley Blind | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Daley Blind | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Daley Blind | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Champions League: FC Basel 1-0 Manchester United - 22nd November 2017

Jack of all trades master of none! The guys is so versatile, which means he can ruin a match from any number of positions. Quite a skill really.

Was a rush signing under LVG probably lucky to last as long as he has normally a fairly reliable player but needs protection from those around him last night he didn't get it and Basel clearly looked to expose our full backs last night and neither him or Darmian could handle it on their own when the heat was turned up.

City did it last summer but it feels like Utd have to do the same this summer clear out all the full backs (apart from Valencia) and buy 3 new one because this lot just aren't up to the level.

I can see why he was signed; he had a very good WC, getting to the Semis. A squad player at best in these days of hyper slick passing and movement.

I think him coming was a result of LVG coming in at the last minute with no time to prepare a transfer list he didn't really have time to scout or assess the squad so he just needed someone he knew and he worked with Blind in the national team that summer so he knew that he could play his style plus he'd cover a few positions.

Given the number of centre backs we have now and the fact Mourinho clearly doesn't fancy him as a centre mid I think it's time for him to move on as really he shouldn't even be the 2nd choice left back given the resources we have when it comes to spending.

He's another one who's done enough to not be frozen out and forced to leave but he needs to be told the situation and players who are much better than him have to come in to make him want to leave as he sees no future.

Anyone remember this guy? He seems to have disappeared from the Utd set up altogether. What is going on with him?

Surely in big games he would be a better option than McTominay?

He's injured been out with an ankle injury.

He was linked with a move to Roma in January but subsequently he's had surgery on the injury which might explain why he didn't end up moving in January.

At this stage unless we get a lot of injuries I don't really see much point in using him as he will leave in the summer.

Been an alright player over 4 years plugged a lot of gaps at times for us and was one of our best players in LVG's second season playing at CB with Smalling they had a good partnership. Think a move to Spain or Italy where the games a bit more tactical and a bit less physical would really suit him

Daley Blind?! Who might that be? ;)

To be honest I didn’t know he was injured but even if he was fit not sure he would get into many squads. Shame for him but it will be best if he is moved on in the summer. Like jsp said he has been useful at times but he’s never been quite good enough to nail down a position. I thought he did okay at centre back but he was never going to be a long term solution, it was one of those LVG’s square peg in round hole - even though he did okay.

No I didn't realise he was injured either. I think in a big game he would be a better option than McTominay tho

I only found out a few weeks ago when I looked at our injury list I just assumed he'd been frozen out was his last game that Bristol City match? Similar with Darmian who's popped up on the bench again recently but hadn't been seen for a long time.

He was a player who had a role in the LVG way of playing but in the Mourinho way he doesn't really have the necessary attributes because his strengths are with the ball not without it.

I can only assume a lack of interest from other clubs is why he's even still here this season.

Surely in big games he would be a better option than McTominay?

Would he though? Slow and immobile. Wouldn't have been able to follow Hazard around like McT did the other week and wouldn't have performed the role McT played yesterday. Hasn't played midfield for us since his first season, even Van Gaal knew he was a liability there. Wouldn't have gone down well as he'd had a great season but should have been sold when Mourinho came in when he was much more valuable as he was never going to be an option for Mourinho. Too small and too slow to play LB, CB or DM for a Mourinho team. I think he'd be a great addition for Barca as a centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back