Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons
Daley Blind | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Daley Blind | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Friendly: Wigan Athletic 0-2 Manchester United - 16th July 2016

He looked good. Positioning was excellent as we have come to expect of him.

I hope we keep him as he's a useful squad player... But where does he fit in? CB? That seems unlikely in a Jose team especially after his comments at his first press conference.

Yeah he does... I've always felt he's best in that DM role... Where he can read the game and influence things from deep. So maybe he'll provide options in midfield? Or perhaps he's one of these functional players that Jose wants. Of everyone in the squad he's the most versatile.

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester United - 14th August 2016

He was impressive.

Thought he was class today. If it weren't for Bailly he'd of been MOTM! He was so good and I'm wondering if this will be the CB partnership of choice? I know having a left and right footed player isn't the be all and end all but can either Smalling or Bailly comfortably play on the left every week?

The performances of Blind and Bailly today puts pressure on Smalling who hasn't played since Euros or trained much. Didn't think Blind would get a chance under Mourinho but he's taken it and Smalling will do well to get back in now as Bailly and Blind performed well individually and as a pair.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Hull City 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2016

He was impressive when required.

Yeah he didn't have much to do but what he did do was good. Solid and did his part on the ball.

The sort of centre half Barca would love to have and I wouldn't be surprised if there is interest from there in the future.

Yeah he's perfect for them isn't he! Doesn't need to be the biggest or quickest because he reads the game so well and his passing is spot on. Mind you weren't they rumoured to be interested in him earlier this summer when it was thought Blind was done?

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City - 10th September 2016

Bad day at the office.

What was he doing for the first goal? Dreadful defending, he should have just smashed the ball and player, just seemed like he wussed out. Still not convinced of his centre back qualities, I think Smalling and Bailly would be very efficient.

I think his biggest mistake there was that he expected and assumed that Bailly would win the header... What he should of done is assumed that he wouldn't and positioned himself better to clear the ball.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Leicester City - 24th September 2016

So glad he started over Rojo. One of 4 that were simply superb today.

Excellent today. He was quietly brilliant. Has very good positioning. His reading of the game is good

Yeah he played really well at CB and his set pieces were a great asset for us... But in all likelihood he drops down to the bench when Shaw returns?

Premier League: Chelsea 4-0 Manchester United - 23rd October 2016

He was very poor at left back.

Shaw should be an absolute first pick at left back if he is fully fit. So many problems for us because Blind isn't great at left back when he's up against it. He looks a million dollars when we are dominating.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Sunderland - 26th December 2016

Hope Shaw can come back soon and get in form because while it made a difference having a left footed option on the left today, Blind's lack of pace was telling in defence and attack at times. Good goal mind.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Middlesbrough - 31st December 2016

He was poor and struggled with Traore.

Unfortunately any time you get someone with pace out side he's going to struggle. I like Blind and to be fair he does a good job at LB but he's not a LB full time.

The only I reason I like him at LB at the minute is that he gives us a left foot to cross the ball in from that side, defensively he's been poor there in nearly every game, only against Mahrez who cuts in can I remember him having a good game.

Left back is probably our only problematic position at the moment, need Shaw to find his feet under Mourinho.

Europa League: Manchester United 3-0 St Etienne - 16th February 2017

One of his better performances of the season.

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 23rd April 2017

He did well.

Europa League: Manchester United 1-1 Celta Vigo - 11th May 2017

Shaky performance.

Shaky is being kind, I thought he was dreadful. His first touch was non-existent and he looked a nervous wreck any time the ball was played in the area. We miss Rojo badly.

He was poor. His lack of aerial prowess is a huge handicap. He didn't win the ball with the last attack which nearly led to the goal.

He was awful tonight from 1 to 96. I still fail to see where he fits in to Mourinho's plans in the long term. In the 3 positions he can play, he doesn't fit the bill for Mourinho in my view.

Fair to say he had a real bad one last night and he was lucky to make it to the end of the game without being subbed, from that very first pass which was short to Darmian and Aspas stole it totally rocked him and he never recovered and looked nervous all night.

Might have played his way out of the final with that performance after a pretty steady run with Bailly after the Rojo injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back