Crystal Palace Discussion 2023/24

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pressure seems to be growing on Hodgson, fans feel the club is sinking and drifting towards relegation.

Graham Potter was spotted watching on at the weekend. He was sitting in a box at the Emirates didn't look like he was a guest of Palace.

Steve Cooper and Kieran McKenna are also apparently on a shortlist.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Today's press conference with Hodgson was cancelled, apparently he was taken ill at training.

Coincidence?

Obviously not a coincidence it was serious.

Get well soon Roy.

It's a pretty crazy age to be managing. Hope it wasn't the stress of the sack, although we all know it probably was. Might be best for him to get the sack if it's making him this ill. Hope he gets better soon.

Roy Hodgson has stepped down.

Oliver Glasner to take over.

Strange move by Palace, they should be safe, but if the players don't buy into the new Manager's ideas straight away they may find themselves being dragged into a relegation battle.

Happy retirement Woy, you've earned it.

Wish Roy the best after his scare the other day hopefully he can live a good few years in a happy retirement.

One of the few English managers to go and do it abroad.

He deserves his retirement if he does indeed go that way. Always been a solid manager.

Couldn’t quite that make that step up in his latter career with Liverpool or England but nonetheless one of the good guys!

Strange move by Palace, they should be safe, but if the players don't buy into the new Manager's ideas straight away they may find themselves being dragged into a relegation battle.

Happy retirement Woy, you've earned it.

Yep certainly a big gamble but I think they had to change it was clear the Roy message wasn't getting through with these players anymore.

I assume it'll be slow steps to start with this season just get the points on the board and get safe then really look to change things in the summer.

Yep certainly a big gamble but I think they had to change it was clear the Roy message wasn't getting through with these players anymore.

I assume it'll be slow steps to start with this season just get the points on the board and get safe then really look to change things in the summer.

Never even heard of the guy, but not that bothered that I googled him.

Maybe they should have gone for Ole as interim Manager instead, before Bayern Munich grab him.

Never even heard of the guy, but not that bothered that I googled him.

Maybe they should have gone for Ole as interim Manager instead, before Bayern Munich grab him.

I'd heard his name before but couldn't tell you anything about him.

Sounds like he's got a good reputation in worked at Salzburg for a bit under Jesse Marsh , he did an interesting bit on his style on MNF last night. Basically all about dominating the space in the middle of the pitch and flying forward in numbers on the break. It takes discipline and working under Hodgson the players should be used to that methodical disciplined approach.

I'd heard his name before but couldn't tell you anything about him.

Sounds like he's got a good reputation in worked at Salzburg for a bit under Jesse Marsh , he did an interesting bit on his style on MNF last night. Basically all about dominating the space in the middle of the pitch and flying forward in numbers on the break. It takes discipline and working under Hodgson the players should be used to that methodical disciplined approach.

Never even thought of Austria, watch a bit of the Bundesliga but that's about it these days

Never even thought of Austria, watch a bit of the Bundesliga but that's about it these days

He won the Europa League with Frankfurt recently they had a cracking side that year.

I only know that stuff from watching the bit on the TV last night. Probably another one of the Rangnick posse.

He won the Europa League with Frankfurt recently they had a cracking side that year.

I only know that stuff from watching the bit on the TV last night. Probably another one of the Rangnick posse.

Oh right, might be quite a coup for Palace then.

Could be but he needs to keep them up then probably be well backed in the summer to bring in some new players and freshen things up.

I think they've already got a good young squad, and the adage you change the players(some of) or the players(some of) will change you rang true for poor Woy.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back