Cristiano Ronaldo | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

Or

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ten Hag stamping his authority a little and saying that's how he wants to do it and he needs the players who will follow through on that execution.

Can't work out whether I love the snubbing of JC, or whether it's a bit pathetic.

Jamie Carragher.

I imagine Ronaldo is aware that Carragher has spent the last 12 months saying he was a bad signing and needs to be moved on.

It was either United/Liverpool banter, or he just didn't want to talk to SkySports.

He just talked to Keane, shook hands with him and Gary Neville and walked past Jamie.

Apparently he makes $1.6 million an Instagram post. 100% he knew what he was doing. Anything to stay in the public eye.

Premier League: Southampton 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2022

Fairly poor cameo. He looks off the pace.

His legs actually look gone. Twice we should have scored on the counter but his legs aren't what they once were.

We were saying that last Christmas though and he bounced back.

Worrying though. Is a reason for him wanting to move that he knows he can't live with the prem.

Could that be his last game in a Utd shirt?

Wasn't great but won a few headers when he came on but at 38 he’s not really got the skills to play on the break as his speed is gone.

Looked like he got a knock just after coming on so maybe he played through the pain a bit.

I don't think so. United know they can't sell him because nobody wants him or can afford him. And they can't replace him either.

Juventus thought the same last summer.

Just takes 1 club to panic and I think he will be gone.

Problem for him is there are maybe 5 clubs with enough money to afford this panic move.

Utd in desperate need of a CF even if he stays.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-1 Manchester United - 1st September 2022

He’s still better than Rashford at 9.

Yeah the problem is I'm not sure he's got much more than a 30 minute cameo in him age has caught up to him and he's in the worst possible league for that to happen to a player.

Ability wise though he's miles ahead of Rashford who just isn't a centre forward he's to soft.

Europa League: Manchester United 0-1 Real Sociedad - 7th September 2022

He’s way off the pace. United perform worse as team when he starts. United would have won the match with a half decent striker. A new striker should be the priority in the winter/summer transfer window.

It is actually becoming quite difficult and really sad to witness his decline. To see defenders easily outpace him when he used to leave them for dust is hard to watch. The mind is still razor sharp however age has caught up with him. We do look like a poorer team when he starts. Martial being injured means we have no choice but to start Ronaldo in some games.

Yep it is sad to see his sharp decline. Even when the ball goes into him I have no faith he will be able to control the ball and lay a pass off. His pace has gone and he’s become very sloppy on the ball.

I think he will still score goals because that instinct is still there and if not for the offside, he would have scored a brilliant header.

The way he played last night I can see him retiring after the world cup or at the end of the season.

It was proper Rio at QPR or Neville when he came back after all the injuries the legs are gone and very average players can make him look bad now.

Time waits for no man and without his speed he's going to really struggle to adapt his game as he can no longer shift the ball quickly to make shooting opportunities. Watching him try to beat a man one vs one is quite sad.

Was another tough night very average players can now easily handle him because they know he can't run in behind and back to goal has never been his strength.

He's struggling to create the shooting opportunities he did the quick feet are long gone.

Last season you could see he had lost a lot of his game but this season he looks even worse he looks miles off the pace now.

It was a poor decision to bring him back, even worse not let him go in the summer.

He does seem quite supportive of the team and TH ideas though.

We couldn't let him go this summer because no one wanted to take him he's under contract we're stuck with him.

I think his attitude is fine at the moment there's no whispers of him being difficult in training and in games he's trying but you can just see he's fading fast and he needs the team to do so much for him that I think it makes our other players look worse.

Our best XI is barely good enough to hang with the good teams, so it's certainly not strong enough to carry a passenger. Unfortunately that's what Ronaldo is these days. It's even worse when he demands to be the focal point.

I think you can see why Juventus put another striker up with him when he was there as he needs someone to do that work and Bruno isn't the guy for that so it just doesn't fit. The wide players have no one to link to either.

It'll get better as the season goes on and he'll probably get to double figures but Utd need to be thinking about a striker in January if the right man is available.

Did everything but score and provided the most unintentional assist for the third goal. He won't get as much space against Everton.

I don't want to say it but he's done the lads legs are gone completely even very poor sides like the one last night can handle him now.

He can't create space for himself to get shots away anymore.

I'd start Martial ahead of him and I dare say even Rashford is a better option at the moment.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back