Cristiano Ronaldo | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

In the top 3 players ever. And continues to do it. The talk of dropping him or Bruno and that they can't play together has to be ignored.

Ronaldo not the player he was. Still the best in the box striker in the world though.

In the top 3 players ever. And continues to do it. The talk of dropping him or Bruno and that they can't play together has to be ignored.

Ronaldo not the player he was. Still the best in the box striker in the world though.
His vision and how he lines up a shot is insane. He's like the Terminator with the ball. Ruthless.

With 127 goals he has now overtaken Solskjaer and is 16th in United’s all time leading goal scorers.

We are so lucky to have him back here and witnessing his talent week in week out.

That second goal was just class in spades.

Both goals just show you why he's scored so many the first is just excellant movement reading where the space is going to be after he lays the ball off to Greenwood and the second is just pure finishing prowess.

It's the Ronaldo paradox without his goals we'd be out of Europe but is his presence causing these awful performances?

I tend to think the performances are a result of much wider problems than Ronaldo.

Champions League: Villarreal 0-2 Man United

He really does not want to play in the Europa League does he, haha! Single handedly dragged us into the last-16.

Brilliant instinctive finish tonight.

Think his all round play has actually been improving he's finding his role within the team and starting to gel with his team mates which can only be good news.

We all know he doesn't press the opponent but he does work hard for the team in other ways which doesn't really get reported.

Lets hope he can start finding a few goals in the league.

Listening last night, Martial, 10 odd years younger, doesn't press the defence either

Listening last night, Martial, 10 odd years younger, doesn't press the defence either

I don't think Utd looked to press to be honest we say deep stayed compact and looked to play on the break.

The issue with Martial was in the 60 odd minutes he was on he didn't create a chance or have a shot himself he was pretty disciplined defensively and put his shift in but unlike Sancho on the other side he did nothing of any real threat going forward,

The players were swapping positions quite a bit last night but I'd say most of the game Martial was playing on the left of a midfield 4

This is why you really need to watch the matches mate Martial was just being Martial he's never going to play like Mane it's just not the way he plays and he'll never play that way it's why he needs moving out as soon as possible.

He's had his chances and not taken them.

Crazy to think 15 years ago if you even tried to make his career up as a movie story people would tell you it wasn't believable.

He along with Messi have totally changed the games the modern era of football is very different to what some of the past lads played in it's way more professional now but my god these two are just doing things that no one else can even think about getting close to.

Premier League: Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United - 11th December 2021

Really sluggish and off the pace but match winner!

I thought he was ok I felt like he worked harder than others and had a few chances.

Slotted the penalty away nicely.

He got back when we didn't have the ball and seemed to occupy the left when we were out of possession.

Strangely poor last night. Everything he seemed to try didn’t come off but I would of put my house on him slotting away the penalty.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester United - 27th December 2021

He was poor.

His general play has declined and has been poor. I question whether his goals are enough to keep him in the team.

He was poor.

His general play has declined and has been poor. I question whether his goals are enough to keep him in the team.
His attitude has been pretty disgusting as well this season when it’s not been going well. If he caught Fraser worse with that challenge then he would have been sent off.

Needs a kick up the behind and dropped for Cavani against Burnley.

He whinges at everyone far too much. I think Cavani tends to stay just on the right side when asking more of his team mates - there was one moment with Telles tonights. I would drop him and Bruno for the next game.

He’s starved of quality deliveries and that brings out the worst of him which is petulance it’s always been in his game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's run off down the tunnel again at the final whistle and keeps making it all about him. Out of order, go over to the fans and show your gratitude.

He's run off down the tunnel again at the final whistle and keeps making it all about him. Out of order, go over to the fans and show your gratitude.

he’s a terrible loser always was and always will be.

Utd knew what they were signing.

The behaviour isn’t good but he will hate being part of this as he knows there’s nothing he can do about it

Don't have an issue with what he did(again)at full-time, that's just what once in a three generational players do, his first thought will be how he can get even fitter to perform better next time, and not sulking that he's playing with players that aren't fit enough to be on the same pitch as him. It might rub some folk up the wrong way but let it go, he's a WINNER!

He was poor.

The problem is if he's not scoring he's not doing a lot else. His build up play generally isn't great and he spends a lot of time just moaning.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Burnley - 30th December 2021

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back