Coronavirus in sport

Apparently there’s a meeting with all the teams to discuss postponing the round of fixtures between Boxing Day and New Years.

The clubs are becoming concerned at the pressure being put on players as squads are depleted already making rotation near impossible for some clubs.

Chelsea who had further cases confirmed today had their application to have their game suspended turned down by the league.

As if not having the football isn't bad enough I have had to spend my evening (at the insistence of another) watching two fairies prancing about a dance floor and now it's Paddy "prat" McGuiness!!
This terminology is unacceptable and despite the original intention could be interpreted as homophobic.

This terminology is unacceptable and despite the original intention could be interpreted as homophobic.
I do agree it's not the best terminology, and is a Saturday night (had a few) terminology.
However, you say.... despite the original intention, which suggests you know and understand my original intention, could I please ask what you think that intention was?
What I can tell you is................ I am not homophobic

Looks like the Premier League is going to continue over the Xmas break. Although with the amount of disruption and cases going on, I wonder how many games will ultimately get played.

Interesting that the league will provide vaccination updates on a monthly basis going forward.

Currently 84% of premier league players have received 1 or more jobs, 77% are double jabbed.

FA Cup replays have been scrapped and talks are on going to make the EFL semi finals a single leg.

Wales have moved all sporting events behind closed doors. Got to imagine it's only a matter of time until we follow considering they must all be getting the same information.

3 of the PL games on Boxing Day are off.

Burnley now have 4 games to re-arrange.

Wolves vs Arsenal off.

Wolves don’t have enough players available to play the game.

Going to be a busy end to he season for a lot of teams trying to catch up all these matches.

Everton vs Newcastle is off.

the injuries mean Newcastle don’t have enough fit players.

crazy times in the premier league.

Football isn't the only sport with problems looks like it's kicking off in Australia because of Djokovic.

Australia have been really tough on restrictions pretty much from day one to try and insulate themselves from the pandemic as best as they can which hasn't been popular with a lot of residents who've endured long strict lockdowns.

A tournament just before Christmas, Emma tested positive on arrival and Nadal, Bencic and Jabeur tested positive after leaving.

The Australian PM has got involved in Djokovic’s case.

Yeah he's basically said that Djokovic needs to provide clear medical justification for not having his vaccination like everyone else does or he won't be allowed in and rightly so.

What I don't get is why doesn't he have to provide this information prior to arrival?

The cricket team out there at the moment are having problems with Covid and they're under pretty strict rules which can't be easy.

He did, he has been signed off by the state governemt. But becasue of all the noise it's gone higher up.

The assumption is he has recently had Covid so doesn't need a vaccine.

Suppose that's the way it works because it's a regional government in Australia as you currently have to isolate in some cases when you cross state borders, that's been one of the issues with the cricket teams during the Ashes it's not just one isolation period on arrival into Australia.

Guess it depends what the policy states but if it feels like they're signing it off through a loophole then people will be fuming because equally you can say he's had covid so surely he should get a vaccination as soon as possible.

It's going to be a problem that follows him around to every tournament and the other players can't be happy about it.

Yep but I think with cup replays already scrapped they'll just have to slot games in midweek or squeeze them in on FA Cup weekends.

Guess the problem will be teams who are still in European competitions will already have games to play currently those teams are all pretty much up to speed on games.

They've also got that winter break thing at the end of January I reckon they might end up scrapping that for teams who need to catch up.

Could means some games get announced at short notice.

turns out his team has got him the wrong visa, the one he has doesn't allow for medical exemption... oops. Nice to find out on arrival.

He’s being held at the airport while they investigate his potential exemption he may be turned around and sent home.

if he’s got a valid medical reason he shouldn’t be denied entry due to an admin error in applying for the wrong Visa but if he hasn’t got a valid medical exemption he should be refused entry.

they just said he's still there on the news. Will get an answer on Monday

His lawyer has appealed the decision to cancel the visa so he's being held in quarantine until the appeal is heard.

they were saying he's being held in a quarrantine hotel, that has covid outbreaks frequently and recently had a fire.

I wonder if they'll let him move from there.

I can't see the appeal working, globally it will look bad on the Aussie's if they let him (and the others) in. But domestically it would be catastrophic. Lets see what the judge says on Monday.

An antivaxer being allowed in to a country that has had really strict covid rules....It's going to be interesting.

Yeah unless he provides a genuine medical exemption he should be sent home and denied entry in the same way anyone else trying to get in would be.

Can't believe all the rubbish coming out of Serbia. He's not being treated differently, he is being treated the same as anybody else who is unvaccinated that wants to enter the country.

Djokovic has won his appeal and the judge has ruled he should be released immediately and allowed entry into Australia.

The judge seems to have ruled that Djokovic was treated unreasonably on arrival asked to provide further information at 4 in the morning and given only a 20 minute window to do so.

Apparently this may not be the end of it though as the federal government could ignore the ruling.

Still rumbles on latest seems to be issues with his activity before flying to Australia as records show he was in Belgrade over Christmas before travelling to Spain and then flying to Melbourne. His application said he hadn't travelled in the last 14 days despite him travelling between Serbia and Spain.

I'm not really surprised. Can you give an anti vaxer special treatment to play in a major?

He filled his Visa in incorrectly and blatantly went on as normal while having Covid. Guy is an idiot.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back