Christian Eriksen

IDFD

He's collapsed on the pitch. That is one of the most upsetting things I've seen on a football pitch. They were trying to revive him on the pitch and had a defib going.

Fingers crossed he survives and obviously thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Totally shaken by it I didn’t really see him go down as I was on my phone but skipped back and saw it thought I’d just missed a tackle or something.

That feed should have been cut much sooner not back to the studio just straight off as no one needed to see what happened.

I hope they’ve managed to bring him back

Brilliant to hear that he is now stable - full credit to players, referee and of course medics.

Great news that he’s stable in hospital. Was pretty fearful when he collapsed but sounds like he’s doing much better now.

Game to start again at 19:30.

After the players requested it. Will kick off play the final four minutes of the first half and then 5 min break and play the second half.

Big up to his team mates for surrounding him in that moment of need doing their best to stop the cameras seeing those horrific scenes and shame on the match directors for cutting to what we saw.

The moment those medics rushed on cameras should have been pulled back.

Kasper Schmeichal seems like a genuinely likeable person. Going through a lot himself but checking on everyone. His players, the Finish players, Erikson's wife.

He's been through a lot in his career. So glad today looks to have a positive outcome.

Big up to his team mates for surrounding him in that moment of need doing their best to stop the cameras seeing those horrific scenes and shame on the match directors for cutting to what we saw.

The moment those medics rushed on cameras should have been pulled back.
Just read that Simon Kjaer was one of the first to rush over and clear his airways. Big respect to all involved getting to Eriksen so quickly and probably saving his life.

So fortunate this didn’t have a tragic ending.

Cannot believe the game was played later that night though, I know it was the players choice ultimately but they were given two options it seems and they chose to carry on later. Surely the players were not really in a good state of mine to carry on.

Yeah the quick medical response probably saved his life.

From team mates, physios and emergency services everyone was on the scene fast.

Fantastic news that he’s awake and stable let’s just hope he makes a full recovery from this.

I wasn't watching when Muamba collapsed, so this is the worst thing I've ever seen on the pitch. It really puts things in perspective when you're playing a game one minute, and the next you're fighting for your life. Totally agree with what's been said about the coverage. Trying to zoom in on a dying man or his family/teammates and filming their distress is out of order. It took me a while to figure out what was happening, bc I thought it was just a bad injury like a leg break or something graphic they didn’t want to show. As soon as it was apparent it was resuscitation, zoom out to the arial view or cut the feed. I saw Bein posted an image from a long lens of Eriksen with his eyes open. What was that photog hoping to capture? A dying man’s last moment? The stadium should’ve been cleared, a tent set up and the prying eyes of the world kept out.
Anyway, thankfully he’s stable and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Team doctor said it was cardiac arrest, I guess we all knew that. Awful, but in some ways it was lucky it was somewhere a defib was available.

Schmiechal has come out and said 'he's seen reports the players wanted to play. This isn't true. They were given 3 choices. Play on. Play the next day. Lose 3-0. They didn't want to play. But they had no choice'

Yeah doctor said he was gone but they managed to get him back within 1 shock which they said was rare and after that he came around and they were able to get him off to hospital but it's only right that they aren't releasing the information about what happened. Be amazing if he makes a full recovery and is able to play again just shows how far forward the game has come in the last 5 years on this issue as before the Muamba incident it's unlikely they'd have had a defibulator at the ground.

That's interesting from Schmiechel I do wonder had they said they're not playing if Finland would have took the points? What happens if both teams agree not to finish the game do they both get zero points or is the match just called a draw.

You have to wonder what sort of state the players will be in for the next game I imagine for a lot of them it'll be hard to have much focus on the match.

They said during the Netherlands game last night, Blind plays with a defib fitted! amazing.

Yeah he had a scare a few years back but has been cleared to play with that device fitted.

There was the lad in the Ajax youth team who sadly died a few years back was best mates with Van De Beek who now wears his shirt number as a tribute.

Players get regular heart screenings now so they pick things up much quicker didn't they pick up something on Carrick towards the end of his career?

Posted a selfie from his hospital bed saying he's doing ok but remains in under observation.

Eriksen to be fitted with an ICD to regulate his heart beat going forward.

Same thing Blind has installed and he's been able to play on but still no news on if Eriksen will be able to make a comeback to the game.

The Italian League have ruled that he can't play with the ICD installed and as a result Inter will allow him to find a new club in January.

Not all leagues ban players from playing with one installed can only assume it's a liability issue in relation to insurance.

Such a shame for the lad, maybe a move back to Ajax, or heading home to Denmark will be his best options.

He's on a huge contract at Inter so I have no idea how the insurances would kick in at this point players are insured both personally and by the club as assets so can Inter get the insurance payout to release him from his contract as Eriksen isn't going to just walk away from all the money.

An Ajax reunion certainly has a nice ring to it not really sure where his routes are in Denmark as he left very young to join Ajax and any club will have the same problem of his insurance.

I guess a lot will come down to how much Eriksen wants to continue playing and subsequently what he's prepared to walk away from in terms of money.

Given what happened to him is it worth the risk to make the comeback?

Brentford apparently looking to offer him a 6 month deal with an option for an extra year.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back