Chelsea Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the latest score at the time of the red card via BBC Sport.

Felix was probably the best player on the pitch up until the red card certainly from a Chelsea point of view.

Looked bright, nice flicks and touches linking with Havertz and got off a few shots with real power but all pretty much straight at Leno.

The red card was pure stupidity.

Chelsea look in real trouble this season bit like us least season I just see them drifting to somewhere around 7th.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy to see Chelsea have taken over as Banter Club FC. I'll bet we could've gotten a fee in the neighbourhood of 10m from Boehly though.

I know Chelsea have wanted to be us for their entire existence, and there have been periods where copying United was a sound plan, but the past decade is not one of those periods.

They really have taken our Banter FC crown and worn it with pride.

£400m in 8 months. Feels like they are spending for the sake of spending, don’t really see a real strategy there. Could work I guess, if you throw enough money around it could be pay dividends. If not they are stuck with these guys on major long contracts.

I think we know why they are giving extra-long contracts, and if they get stuck with 7 or 8 Winston Bogarde's it couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Here comes another one….

Will be interesting to see how he does, a good young English talent coming over to the EPL.

Hell of a spending spree

He's looked very good. If he's got any end product he'll be a problem.

Breaking News:

Chelsea haven't signed anybody for what seems like hours

More to follow

Was listening to a podcast this week that alluded to the fact that Boehly could be a front man for Saudi money, which might explain their seemingly bottomless pit of cash. Thankfully they don't know how to spend it properly, but I shudder to think what the summer window might look like with Chelsea chasing a return to the top 4 and Newcastle preparing for a return to the CL, and City spending to get back to the top. Ain't gonna be easy or cheap to get our business done.

Would they be able to get away that? I would hope some sort of check goes on

Was listening to a podcast this week that alluded to the fact that Boehly could be a front man for Saudi money, which might explain their seemingly bottomless pit of cash. Thankfully they don't know how to spend it properly, but I shudder to think what the summer window might look like with Chelsea chasing a return to the top 4 and Newcastle preparing for a return to the CL, and City spending to get back to the top. Ain't gonna be easy or cheap to get our business done.

Front man makes it sound a lot more shady than it is he’s a hedge fund manager and his fund has worked in the past with the Saudi public investment fund.

It is a very strange strategy but they are buying up loads of young talent on long contracts if they’ve got the decisions right and these players develop into world class talent which all of them could they may have built a new team very quickly. It’s similar to the first few windows under Abrahmovic where the spine of that Chelsea team was assembled in a few windows.

The flip side is if it goes wrong and these players flop they’ve got huge problems.

Of course they have. We could see a record length for a contract.

FIFA have changed the rules so the max limit on financial fair play you can have a contract over is 5 years after Chelsea recent trickery I believe.

FIFA have changed the rules so the max limit on financial fair play you can have a contract over is 5 years after Chelsea recent trickery I believe.
Has it come into force?

It’s UEFA and it won’t apply to transfer made before this summers transfer window.

120m euro bid for Fernadez

crazy money, something not right going on at Chelsea. No way he has all that money to spend. Certainly they don't seem to be spending it right so no worries. Is that 600m in two windows?

This is the last window where they can do their 10 year contract trick after this one all transfer fees are booked over a maximum of 5 years under the new FFP rules.

Guess they're hoping to claw back some big fees in the summer from players like Lukaku, Gallagher and maybe a few others.

My guess is they're going absolutely mega in this window plus Nkunku in the summer then the tap will be turned off and that squad is basically set in stone for 2-3 seasons.

If you look at all the signings they're pretty much all 20-25 years old.

Big big gamble. If it fails, could be an existential crisis for the club.

Powers that be really need to get more limits in place.

indeed, random purchases. and 120m on Fernandez, I mean, he didn't look that good in the WC.

It’s like Chelsea have a cheat code on football manager and just splashing cash for fun!

Fernandez looked good in the WC but not £105m good. The transfer world continues to astound me.

Unprecedented spending, even for Chelsea, they have basically matched Man City's middle-finger to FFP and drawn a big LOL smiley face on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back