Chelsea Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can understand why Chelsea want him because he's a very talented young player, but not why a mad Evertonian would want to go there just to sit on the bench, a hundred grand plus a week might explain it though.

I'd be guessing he's being offered way more than he's currently on and jumping out of that sinking ship at Everton would be a wise move for any Everton player who's got the chance.

I think he's looked alright but he didn't look amazing whenever I've watched him.

Seems a strange signing for Chelsea as it's just another player who's similar to what they already have.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still can't get my head around their transfer window.

I get why you might want to try and sign Fofana but I can't get my head around why they've broken the bank on Cucurella and are looking to spend a fortune on Gordon as well.

Huge money to pay for a guy who missed the whole of last season with injury.

wonder if we will see them move to a back 4 in more games.

They are just throwing money around like there’s no tomorrow and wouldn’t say it’s particularly wise either. If buying Fofana makes them go to a two at the back then what was the point on spending £50+ million on Cucurella after spending the same on Chilwell?

Chilwell has struggled with injury since he joined and I really rate Cucurella it was a huge fee but I think he’ll be a good signing for them.

I did see something that because of FFP this is Chelsea’s last chance to spend big as it’s the last summer Where they’ll still factor Covid in. After this they’ll need to go back to being a lot smarter.

New owners likely keen to make a good impression they’re big fees but on paper the signings are good but they need a striker.

Released Ross Barkley on a free as well contract mutually terminated.

Their transfer policy is either going to go spectacularly well, or abysmally poor. I feel like they could be challenging City/Liverpool or end up 6/7th.

It's strange they've spent all this money and you look at them and think they aren't actually any better.

I'd say Sterling is a better wide player than anyone they had but they still don't have a striker there's huge pressure on Havertz this season.

The defenders I don't think make them much stronger they already had a really good defence.

Not sure who/what is driving their recruitment decisions. Marina Granovskaia left once the Boehly takeover became official, and from what I hear, he's very hands on. Surely this cannot be a long term plan (although it'd be lovely if it was), but it must be putting a lot of pressure on Tuchel to take the pieces and put them together into something capable of challenging.

Side note: not sure if the Granovskaia departure was connected to Abramovich and his shady dealings, but if it was a difference in opinion with the new regime, we should be straight on the phone. Her record in the market is outstanding.

Not sure who/what is driving their recruitment decisions. Marina Granovskaia left once the Boehly takeover became official, and from what I hear, he's very hands on. Surely this cannot be a long term plan (although it'd be lovely if it was), but it must be putting a lot of pressure on Tuchel to take the pieces and put them together into something capable of challenging.

Side note: not sure if the Granovskaia departure was connected to Abramovich and his shady dealings, but if it was a difference in opinion with the new regime, we should be straight on the phone. Her record in the market is outstanding.

Very much linked to Abrahmovic she was his right hand women she came into Chelsea from another one his businesses she was never going to stick around when he left. She wasn’t the strategist but she was the negotiator who had the direct line to the boss to get sign off on transfers.

I guess this summer was go for obvious picks and rebuild the management team that has gone so Boehly is less hands on next summer.

This summer is the last summer where clubs can use Covid as an excuse for FFP purposes which may explain why a number have clubs have gone big this summer.

Chelsea lose to Southampton. A win over Leicester would see us jump them.

7 points from 5 to start the season.

Connected yeah, but was she persona non grata as well given her Russian ethnicity and ties with a sanctioned oligarch?

EDIT: I might need to offer an apology to Southampton. OR are we just that good, and Chelsea that bad?

Chelsea look in all sorts of trouble.

After 5 games they've lost to Leeds and Southampton and scraped wins against Everton and Leicester.

Southampton were deserved winners today.

Connected yeah, but was she persona non grata as well given her Russian ethnicity and ties with a sanctioned oligarch?

EDIT: I might need to offer an apology to Southampton. OR are we just that good, and Chelsea that bad?

She wasn’t sanctioned so she carried on working at the club but the bidders were told that she would leave the club once it was sold.

I thought they’d go down this season but they look like they’ll be fine.

Think I had Chelsea outside of the top 4 in my predictions.

She wasn’t sanctioned so she carried on working at the club but the bidders were told that she would leave the club once it was sold.

I thought they’d go down this season but they look like they’ll be fine.

Think I had Chelsea outside of the top 4 in my predictions.
Then I'd sign her up ASAP. We could do with a bit of her acumen in the market.

Me too, but they've been impressive the last two matches. So'ton I mean, not Chelsea.

too early to predict any position at the moment, look where Liverpool and Brighton are.

I did say Chelsea finish above united, although their scattergun transfer dealings this summer do seem a bit odd and disruptive.

I now think top 4 will be city, pool and 2 x north london.

With united and Chelsea outside.

Then I'd sign her up ASAP. We could do with a bit of her acumen in the market.

Me too, but they've been impressive the last two matches. So'ton I mean, not Chelsea.

She isn’t available she is Roman’s right hand she goes where he goes so unless he buys another football club she won’t be back in football. She will be put into one of his remaining businesses to be his eyes and ears.

90m for a player who won't join in a year. Roman leave some dirty rubles down the back of the sofa? Good lord.

Surprised they're paying a transfer fee as he'll be on good wages and Barca got him for nothing.

Can only assume Barca need the fee to enable them to take Alonso.

They need a striker so think it makes sense.

Wonder if his new deal includes new release clauses seems to be how Leipzig do things.

Probably their best player these days they are so reliant on him.

I think if England go back 3 at the world cup I think it'll be James as the right wing back ahead of TAA.

Lost to Dinamo Zagreb in the opening champions league game. Three consecutive away defeats.

Tuchel waiting to be read his last rights surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back