Chelsea Discussion 2021/22

Does sound like Roman is offering it around. Wants to get rid quick.

I wonder why.

The club owes him £1.5bn in loans so who's going to take that over?

He's selling up. Disgraceful that he has been afforded the opportunity to sell the club instead of his assets being frozen.

Chelsea up for sale.

Abramovich written off the loans Chelsea owe to him

Net proceeds will be donated to Ukraine.

Being given time to get all his UK assets off the books before the government steps up with proper sanctions.

why is he being afforded that luxury.

As for the money going to Ukraine I’ll believe it when I see it.

he doesn't say it will go to Ukraine, he said it will go to charities for people affected by the war. Could be Russian soldiers, who knows.

He should have denounced the war.

He's been trying to broker peace talks between the two governments and playing the middle man according to some reports.

The statement wasn't clear he said he'd be setting up a foundation with net proceeds going to Ukraine it wasn't clear if that meant money from the clubs sale was going to Ukraine.

The reports are he values the club at £3bn so going to be hard to find a buyer at that price given they also probably need a new stadium which is another £1bn investment.

Being given time to get all his UK assets off the books before the government steps up with proper sanctions.

why is he being afforded that luxury.

As for the money going to Ukraine I’ll believe it when I see it.
Tory donor?

Tory donor?

None of the major parties are totally clean when it comes to Russian money it's been used to influence British politics for a long time now and we know that the Russian government have tried to use social media to divide our society politically.

As for the proceeds of this sale it now seems to be coming out that the money may be going to both sides so Russian families may also benefit from it.

One thing Abrahmovic hasn't done in any of his statements is condemn the actions of the Russian leadership for invading a sovereign nation on the basis of a lie that is being pumped out to the Russian people.

One thing Abrahmovic hasn't done in any of his statements is condemn the actions of the Russian leadership for invading a sovereign nation on the basis of a lie that is being pumped out to the Russian people.
I don't think anybody thought he would.

I'll be waving celery around for this one my allegience is very much blue in this particular contest.

Yet to meet a Chelsea fan that isn't full of shit, they should maybe eat the celery and wait, and not chuck it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

According to ESPN so far no bids for the club have come close to the owners £3bn valuation.

Club is valued far too high. Was saying we are on the stock exchange so you can work out our value and it's about £2.6b no one is going to pay over that for Chelsea. Said the expect he'll get £1.8b tops.

Yeah the stadium development will cost over £1bn and needs to be carried out soon.

He's clearly factoring in his loans into the price as he wants that money back regardless of what the PR statements say.

Roman has been sanctioned.

Not sure how that affects his sale, I assume he can't sell now.

Although doesn't it take 18 months for the UK to implement their sanctions at the mo?

The sanctions are in place. According to a journalist.

Abramovich can't sell the club.

Chelsea can't sell any tickets or merchandise they can continue to operate under a special license and have been given special dispensation to sell food/drink at games.

No signing or contracts to be negotiated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't sell tickets, club shop has to close. Basically he cannot make any money from it. Sale off

If it goes on to next season, won't be able to sell season tickets

@IDFD this just copies your tweet, sorry about that. But tweets don't show up for me for some reason. It always jsut says "loading tweet" so I couldn't read it.

Bib big news for that club, they coud be in the wilderness for years.

Couldnt happen to a nicer set of fans..........

Wow this is massive

20,000 budget for away games. So need to get all the players and staff over to France for CL game for under 20 grand.

500,000 budget for catering/Stewardship etc at each home game.

Rudiger is a goner as they can't negotiate. As well as Cesar Azpilicueta, and Andreas Christensen. Saul has to go back, no loss there.

they've got about 28,000 season ticket holders.

This could be end for them.

Small rumour the gov. might allow him to sell the club if no money goes to Roman. Whether that's money full stop or profits who knows. It's just speculation at the moment.

It does make the Newcastle sale a bit of joke to be honest.

I think it's different to the Newcastle situation that deal is a human rights issue.

Huge problem for Chelsea will players under contract be allowed to leave? As surely other clubs are banned from trading with Chelsea.

Unless they get a quick sale through at the end of the season they've got big problems if it drags into next season they're screwed.

They can't leave for a price. No money is to go into CFC. As of today.

Three are looking at terminating their sponsorship of the club.

So could they go on loan? I wonder if the players have clauses in their contracts that allow them to terminate their contracts.

So could they go on loan? I wonder if the players have clauses in their contracts that allow them to terminate their contracts.

Don't think they can go on loan. Chelsea aren't allowed to enter in to any contract talks on continue existing ongoing deals.

Don't think they can go on loan. Chelsea aren't allowed to enter in to any contract talks on continue existing ongoing deals.

The current rule is to be reviewed on 31st May though so they might make some changes to allow them to get players out of the club and off the wage bill.

Wonder if there might be similar restrictions coming to Everton if they can find the evidence that Usmanov actually owns the shares and might be problems for Monaco coming too as their owner in Russian.

Just need Man City, Newcastle and PSG to be brought down and all will be well in the footballing world.

Can't we drum up something on the Glazers?
Well we all want them out but we could be in a worse position having the Chelsea, City owners etc. It is dangerous having those sorts of individuals/organisations in charge of your club - yes it’s great for fans while it lasts but there must always be that niggling feeling that it’ll all come crashing down like a pack of cards.

Well if the Saudi's or UAE decide to back Russia in this conflict wouldn't rule out sanctions on them as well but it's unlikely unless they start bombing NATO countries. They've got the west right where they want them as we need their Gas and Oil if we can't buy from Russia.

As for fan ownership not sure I agree on full fan ownership there needs to be some control to stop presidents just running up debts and leaving a mess for the next person when his term has finished. I think Germany has got it about right clubs are majority owned by fans but there is scope for private ownership to come in and be part of the ownership they just can't have control.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back