Chelsea Discussion 2021/22

Yeah I thought that as well.

They dug in and held on I think that’s a great win for them.

Weren’t at it but got the 3 points.

Brentford are my favourite team in the league to watch at the moment. Cannot see them going down.

Not good news for them.

I do feel like it'll be the lack of goals that stop them winning the league they've for a great defensive record since Tuchel came in they are so hard to score against but I get the feeling they'll have a spell where to many draws allow the other 2 to get away.

I am a little surprised they've stuck with the back 3 for so long as it's not something Tuchel has really played before but I guess he feels it's the best system for the players he's got so might as well use it.

Lukaku is so hit hit and miss, shinned one over the bar last night

Lukaku is so hit hit and miss, shinned one over the bar last night

Werner missed a tap in basically on the goal line at 0-0 as well.

Must admit I didn't see the Lukaku chance.

Norwich should just be relegated now stop wasting everyone’s time.

Can’t wait for us to drop points against them.

3 points clear at the top after Liverpool/City both drop points.

3-0 win another clean sheet as well.

Do you know what... I think it's probably best if we just put each other on ignore. You wind me up, I wind you up. I think you talk rubbish, you think I talk rubbish. So let's just do the forum a favour.

Or let's both just act like adults and wind each other up with more maturity.

I'm all for a wind up and some banter. But you just talk utter rubbish. You have arguments where your side of it doesn't even make sense.

So glad you've told me that now as I was about to make a fool of myself and ask if you fancied meeting up and going for a drink, or a meal.

And people questioned me when I said at the start of the year... The team to finish above Chelsea will be champions.

I'll have £100 with you now whilst they're top they don't finish top 2.

And an extra £100 we finish above them.

Don't give up the day job.

I don't see Chelsea getting near the title. As I've said all off-season I expect City to win it quite comfortably.

This time last season Tottenham were top for the following month. The table at the end of October means nothing.

I've got most exposure

- Against Chelsea winning the league
- For arsenal finishing top 6
- Southampton to be relegated

Only worried about the Southampton one.

I don't see Chelsea getting near the title. As I've said all off-season I expect City to win it quite comfortably.

This time last season Tottenham were top for the following month. The table at the end of October means nothing.

I've got most exposure

- Against Chelsea winning the league
- For arsenal finishing top 6
- Southampton to be relegated

Only worried about the Southampton one.
We shall see I guess bud. I'm not saying Chelsea are going to win it but I think they are going to go mighty close. But hey Liverpool have looked really good and City we know will be up there.

Arsenal have hit better form so let's see with them. Top 6 is a good shout for them.

Soton aren't going down though. I hope not.

So far Liverpool and Chelsea look like the two who will fight for the title just not convinced by City yet but they were like this last season then suddenly clicked into form and romped to the title.

So far Liverpool and Chelsea look like the two who will fight for the title just not convinced by City yet but they were like this last season then suddenly clicked into form and romped to the title.
I think the difference for City this year is that they have 2 other genuine contenders who have a head start now. Last year they didn't have that.

I think the difference for City this year is that they have 2 other genuine contenders who have a head start now. Last year they didn't have that.

Think they were further behind last season but it was around this point that Liverpool’s injuries really started piling up and Utd lost momentum.

They went on one of their silly winning runs think they won something like 15 in a row in all comps which opened up a big gap that Utd couldn’t close.

I don’t think they were that great last season for me they’re missing a left back and a striker.

I think all 3 are capable of getting 90+ points from where they are now I think only 1 team will actually do it but it’s about who hits form and can sustain it long enough to get clear.

City were 8 behind going in to November last year. (A point behind us) They went on a 15 game winning streak (20+ in all comps).

I imagine Chelsea will take one of the cups but I don't see them as consistent enough in the league. I'd say Liverpool would win it but like Chelsea and Mendy they'll lose Salah and Mane for 6+ weeks of the season. Whilst that's going on City will take an unassailable lead.

I don’t think they were that great last season for me they’re missing a left back and a striker.
Oh no doubt about it. That was not the best City team that Pep has had. That was far from the best title winning team for a long while I'd say.

City were 8 behind going in to November last year. (A point behind us) They went on a 15 game winning streak (20+ in all comps).

I imagine Chelsea will take one of the cups but I don't see them as consistent enough in the league. I'd say Liverpool would win it but like Chelsea and Mendy they'll lose Salah and Mane for 6+ weeks of the season. Whilst that's going on City will take an unassailable lead.

Dates are a bit misleading last season because of the late start after 10 games last season they were 3 points off the top when they started their winning run they were 5 points off the top.

I’d totally forgotten about the ACoN this season think Chelsea will be ok with Kepa for 6 weeks but Salah/Mane/Kieta will all be big misses.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back