Chelsea Discussion 2021/22

The preferred bidder is reported to be borrowing 60% of the money from banks to finance the deal.

He was never going to just give away that money it was always going to be factored into the sale price and the tricky bit was always going to be once he sells it the government can't give the money to Abramovich because he's under sanctions. It would have had to sit in a frozen account that he can't access until his assets are no longer frozen.

I hope Ratcliffe hasn't lost his prem urge and starts talking to the Glazers

Think he pretty much admitted the other day that Utd is a no go because the owners have no interest in selling.

If it came on the market he would likely make a bid.

I'd question how deep rooted his Utd loyalty is anyway he said he basically started supporting Chelsea when moved to London.

The fact someone has just paid £2.5bn for the shares in Chelsea I think will only make the Glazers think it's worth sticking it out.

With another American owner of a high profile club it won't be long before they start trying to influence change in the game and the way it's run to make it more profitable for owners. This is Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool all under American ownership I'm not sure that's good for the game.

Looks there is still some issues with this deal, some money going to a company Roman might have links to.

I didn't for one second believe Roman was giving this money to charity he's about as shady a character as exists there's a reason he's been Putin's money man for so long. Billionaires don't just hand over £2.5bn to charity.

The government cannot allow a penny to go anywhere where it can be accessed by Roman and if that means Chelsea cannot be sold and remains under sanction then so be it.

Sucks for Chelsea but they had 15 years to deal with this issue and they ignored it.

If he wants to sell it for the good of the club stick the money in a frozen bank account until the point where the sanctions are lifted then let him do whatever he wants with the money.

All done and dusted the Roman era is officially over.

Lets hope it all falls apart quickly.

Shame the takeover happened. I was rather hoping they'd suffer some misery.

Well if it didn't happen it was more than misery it was basically going to be expulsion which for me is a bit far as much as I dislike certain teams I don't want to see any club disappear.

The Chelsea fans deserve cr* p owners they hit the jackpot with Roman but it was a deal with the devil and hopefully now it's time to face the consequences.

Another huge club now in the hands of American owners that's four of the big 6 which worries me as a fan because we know how these owners think they are in it for the money and not the love of the game and that is bad news for fans in my opinion as their influence grows within the premier league and uefa.

I read that these guys are an investment company and are in Chelsea for the money. I just don't see how that's possible when Abramovich had to take a £1.6m loss. Especially at the price they've paid.

Chelsea aren't a sustainably run club.

They're getting 200m for the transfer market, City owner has said they plan to buy 2 more, Madrid got shafted by Mbappe will need to spend to appease fans.

Tough transfer market coming up.

I read that these guys are an investment company and are in Chelsea for the money. I just don't see how that's possible when Abramovich had to take a £1.6m loss. Especially at the price they've paid.

Chelsea aren't a sustainably run club.

I’d guess a lot of that loss was incurred in the first 10 years as Chelsea cemented their position as a top club in Europe, in the last 5-7 years feels like they’ve become more self sustaining.

Not sure they’ll be able to continue that model as it requires huge investment in that massive squad of loan players that they try to develop and sell for profit. That model requires that level of secure investor backup as you are taking a lot of risk.

I expect they will now have to start living in the real world where you can’t afford to make mistakes then 12 months later just write it off the mistakes will now have consequences. They also won’t be able to take advantage of clubs in financial distress like they did in Covid they were one of the few clubs with access to cash so they spent big when others had to be more reserved.

My guess is they think the super league is inevitable so they see the investment growth of the asset long term if it’s worth 2.5bn today they are likely gambling that in 10 years it’ll be worth a lot more. But yeah they will only be able to spend what comes in going forward these people aren’t going to be writing off 100m a year as losses.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back