Champions League 2021/22: Villareal vs Man Utd 23rd Nov 17.45 KO (EARLY KO)

This side lacks any creativity without him we've created half a chance.

You can say he's been poor but he's still the only one setting up chances.

True but we are clearly playing defensively in this game probably looking for Sancho to create the chances through crosses and giving Donny a chance.

Let’s see if he can be the impact sub tonight just don’t think he can complain about being dropped when plenty of others have had to put up with rotation this season. He started all 4 of the horror show defeats that cost Ole his job.

McTominay really isn’t near this level his ability on the ball along with a few others gets found out massively.

Why is Martial in the team is the real question

Cavani - injured
Greenwood - covid
Lingard - naughty step
Rashford - not really a centre forward

Can’t say I’m thrilled to see him but he was fine first half.

We look to be getting a demonstration on why Donny doesn't start.

Doesn’t help that we have 3 players on the pitch who I’d say technically are barely premier league standard let along champions league.

They can work as hard as they want but AWB, Fred and McTominay are by some distance the least talented players on that pitch.

Another good save from De Gea.

I’d be getting Matic on ASAP for McTominay surely he’s got 30 minutes in the tank.

Martial pretty much offering nothing either.

Sounds like subs are imminent

VDB off for Bruno
Martial off for Rashford

Like for like subs neither really influenced the game few nice touches from Donny in tight spaces but nothing that really hurt the opponent.

Great chance for Sancho first time he’s really come to life in this half

Bruno immediately creates our best chance of the game.

Come on Sancho has created that himself Bruno played a very simple pass that move is all about Sancho’s movement and he should be scoring.

Come on Sancho has created that himself Bruno played a very simple pass that move is all about Sancho’s movement and he should be scoring.

There was twice in the first half he done the same thing and never got the ball back from Donny.

Well at least we can still rely on Ronnie. Just give him the job. Haha.

There was twice in the first half he done the same thing and never got the ball back from Donny.

I’m not interested in a Bruno vs Donny debate my point is Sancho created that chance for himself.

Bruno gave him a nice pass but it’s a very easy pass that I think most players would be able to make.

I do think we are seeing the best of Sancho starting to come through which is a massive boost.

This would be a great result let’s hope we can see it home.

We've been much better since Bruno and Rashford coming on. And the point is there is no one else in our side even looking to make that pass. There's a reason he gets so many assist but gives the ball away he's not constantly looking backwards.

It's actually been a good performance since the subs came on.

We've been much better since Bruno and Rashford coming on. And the point is there is no one else in our side even looking to make that pass. There's a reason he gets so many assist but gives the ball away he's not constantly looking backwards.

It's actually been a good performance since the subs came on.

Fresh legs make a big difference and the subs made the impact we needed.

Lovely lay off by Bruno for the Sancho goal he’s deserved that

The ball to Rashford was lovely too.

A clean sheet.

Fred was decent too. De Gea kept us in it.

Would say a perfect away European performance. Defensively solid for 70 minutes and then get some fresh legs on and then win the game. Perfect.

Delighted for Sancho. He needs to get a run of starts now, this is a good base for him.

Fred was excellent tonight. And the De Gea save in the second half was incredible.

Great win and a good performance think we held them well for the hour then freshened it up with the subs and forced a few mistakes from them when they tired.

Thought Lindelof was excellent tonight along with De Gea they kept it at 0-0.

No major silly mistakes gifting them goals we need to play this way even if it’s a bit boring we’ve got to stop the goals going in our net.

Through need 1 point from the final game to win the group.

Atalanta and Young Boys draw.

Utd have won the group with a game to spare

Chance to rest players in a busy period coming up for whoever is in charge for that final group match.

Glad the players and staff won it for Ole. Cos sure as shit is shit he'd have got the blame if we'd lost.

Glad the players and staff won it for Ole. Cos sure as shit is shit he'd have got the blame if we'd lost.

Give it a rest mate.

Ole lost the job because he wasn't a good enough manager it's that simple he was found out and he didn't have the guts to drop his players when they weren't performing for him.

Love the guy but he didn't address key problems with individual players form and he allowed himself to sink with them.

Yes the players need to own their loss of form but Ole also needs to take the flack for not making changes. There comes a point where you have to drop a star who isn't performing for the backup even if you know the backup isn't as good I think Ole failed to do that.

Give it a rest mate.

Ole lost the job because he wasn't a good enough manager it's that simple he was found out and he didn't have the guts to drop his players when they weren't performing for him.

Love the guy but he didn't address key problems with individual players form and he allowed himself to sink with them.

Yes the players need to own their loss of form but Ole also needs to take the flack for not making changes. There comes a point where you have to drop a star who isn't performing for the backup even if you know the backup isn't as good I think Ole failed to do that.

Stop being so offended by somebody that has a different opinion to you, unlike the entitled I saw no reason that if the group stuck together we couldn't recover the form that saw United lose only 4 games out of 40(think about that for a minute) before the current run of admittedly not good enough results/performances. Some times it only takes one win.

And there's nowt wrong with allowing star players play their way back in to form, Alan Shearer for example didn't score for England in 8/10 matches leading up to the Euros in 96 yet there was no/or little talk of him being dropped, then he went on to star in the tournament, and there are loads of other examples.

And if Ole had left Bruno out and we'd have lost he'd have been crucified. And if you were the Manager and you knew your job was on the line would you risk starting players like Lingard, Bailly et al players that most have agreed aren't good enough to be starters.

Oh yeah and Carrick dedicated the win to Ole, so there.

Stop being so offended by somebody that has a different opinion to you, unlike the entitled I saw no reason that if the group stuck together we couldn't recover the form that saw United lose only 4 games out of 40(think about that for a minute) before the current run of admittedly not good enough results/performances. Some times it only takes one win.

And there's nowt wrong with allowing star players play their way back in to form, Alan Shearer for example didn't score for England in 8/10 matches leading up to the Euros in 96 yet there was no/or little talk of him being dropped, then he went on to star in the tournament, and there are loads of other examples.

And if Ole had left Bruno out and we'd have lost he'd have been crucified. And if you were the Manager and you knew your job was on the line would you risk starting players like Lingard, Bailly et al players that most have agreed aren't good enough to be starters.

Oh yeah and Carrick dedicated the win to Ole, so there.

We lost 6 in 38 last season in the league so assume you’ve included Europa games in that run and last season there was plenty of good results but not always good performances. I just feel like this season the luck run out.

You can make an argument when it’s one player and in Shearer’s case he was scoring at a ridiculous rate in club football just couldn’t bag for England.

I’d have had no issue with him benching anyone after that Liverpool game it was embarrassing and maybe it would have given a few players a reality check and snapped them back into life but he didn’t he kept playing all of them.

A good man lost his job but there can be no debate that he had to go.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back