Champions League 2021/22: Villareal vs Man Utd 23rd Nov 17.45 KO (EARLY KO)

We lost 6 in 38 last season in the league so assume you’ve included Europa games in that run and last season there was plenty of good results but not always good performances. I just feel like this season the luck run out.

You can make an argument when it’s one player and in Shearer’s case he was scoring at a ridiculous rate in club football just couldn’t bag for England.

I’d have had no issue with him benching anyone after that Liverpool game it was embarrassing and maybe it would have given a few players a reality check and snapped them back into life but he didn’t he kept playing all of them.

A good man lost his job but there can be no debate that he had to go.

I didn't do the counting, it was mentioned in the Sky commentary of the Watford match on Saturday night, and Sky wouldn't go out of their way to say anything positive about United if they didn't have to.

You've got a decision to make as Manager, do you bench players when they are not performing, or keep them in and hope you get a reaction from them to your bollocking, the fact we got two great results after the Liverpool debacle suggests he did.

There's no debate if you conveniently ignore the form of the team and the progress the club has made prior to the recent set of results.

You've got a decision to make as Manager, do you bench players when they are not performing, or keep them in and hope you get a reaction from them to your bollocking, the fact we got two great results after the Liverpool debacle suggests he did.

There's no debate if you conveniently ignore the form of the team and the progress the club has made prior to the recent set of results.

Well he changed the system after the Liverpool game and I think in this day and age it takes more than a bollocking to get through to some of these lads and Ole has to take some ownership of the tactics that cost us in these games.

Again with the results it's performances that really tell the tale and the performance vs Spurs was very good you can't have any grumbles in that game but against Atalanta it was not we got out of jail in that game with some Ronaldo magic at the end.

So managers aren't responsible for form? Or confidence?

Ole for me left having done a good job he's certainly progressed things at the club but for him it reached a point of no return there had been way to many slip ups during his spell in charge things were not improving. The end of last season wasn't great in terms of form including losing the europa league final and despite significant investment in the summer things actually got worse this season.

The players do have to look at themselves 100% some have been nowhere near good enough but you then have to question why did the manager keep picking them ahead of others who haven't really had a chance?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back